Poll: Good idea

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Authenticator's and Cataclysm

I have no idea if this has been said or anything, but with all the hack going on do u think Blizzard should add Authentictor to every single copy of Cataclym sold? everyone who want to play Cat most have a auth to log in after the enter a Cat code.

Re: Authenticator's and Cataclysm

They COULD, will they? prolly no; to enforce it would be total bullshit. Considering half the of the people with brains will never get "hacked".

EDIT: To clarify, i didn't mean to "flame" people who get hacked. I'm just saying that MOST intelligent won't get hacked, but shit happens when you party naked sometimes; even if you are intelligent.

That's pretty much the biggest thing...if you get hacked AND don't have an authenticator...well, you're just pretty inept.

prob not, i doubt blizz will give free keychain for extra security. and even if its not free i doubt everyone will want the authenticator or if they have it already they prob dotn want to pay extra money for something they dont need.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowysaint
    They COULD, will they? prolly no; to enforce it would be total bullshit. Considering half the of the people with brains will never get "hacked".
    This is not necessarily true.
    Witness the recent Flash player exploit.

Not upgrading to a beta version of a common browser add-on - when full releases are automatically updated for you - does not make you brainless.

A lot of people are incredibly cocky and think they'll never be hacked. It's a good idea they be included although enforcement might be another matter.

Uhh I had my account "hacked" about 2 weeks ago and it hadn't logged in in over 2 months. Odd how that works huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea
    This is not necessarily true.
    Witness the recent Flash player exploit.

Not upgrading to a beta version of a common browser add-on - when full releases are automatically updated for you - does not make you brainless.
    I was more of referencing the emails that people get scammed with, especially in game whispers. Also notice i never called people who get hacked brainless ;D

Quote Originally Posted by esun
    prob not, i doubt blizz will give free keychain for extra security. and even if its not free i doubt everyone will want the authenticator or if they have it already they prob dotn want to pay extra money for something they dont need.
    Well if you already have one then just don't sync the new one.

I have it on my iPhone and using it has become second nature. I think it's a great idea, but it should come for free or have 2 versions of the game released, with and without the authenticator.

I used to be confident that I wouldn't be hacked like you sound. Let me tell you that I was wrong.

Get an authenticator - Period

I had up-to-date Anti-virus, I had up-to-date mal-ware protection. I even have a very nicely configured hardware firewall that I've configured. All of them were useless. I got a keylogger and I have absolutely no idea how or when. It triggered neither of my AVG Anti-virus or my ad-aware/spybot setup.

You pay $15 a month for WoW. You pay $50 per expansion. Yet you can't pay $6 to have account as secure as it can be? Not blizzard's problem imo.

people with brains will never get "hacked".
    Also notice i never called people who get hacked brainless ;D
    I know you are kinda kidding or something but I just wanted to point out that the two quotes above are a good example of a brainless analogy (Or rather fallacy). Just for those who might be interested in logic. (Not many on these forums eh?)
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Actually I have to disagree with the "people with brains will never get hacked comment". ITs actually very easy to become compromised, in fact my girlfriend lost her account due to adobe acrobat, there is no way of telling if there is a flaw in another programs design.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskal
    I know you are kinda kidding or something but I just wanted to point out that the two quotes above are a good example of a brainless analogy (Or rather fallacy). Just for those who might be interested in logic. (Not many on these forums eh?)
    And what you're doing is called Out of context quoting. Another type of fallacy. Read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy...out_of_context
    I'm actually studying logic right now sir. So touche' in deed. I said half the of the people with brains will never get hacked. Yeah, i fucked up with the double "the's". I never stated people without brains WILL get hacked, you are taking a biased implied reiteration of the topic. And i would be in your same position to assume "not many on these forums eh?" would imply to me. However, i'm not going to ;D

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    You pay $15 a month for WoW. You pay $50 per expansion. Yet you can't pay $6 to have account as secure as it can be? Not blizzard's problem imo.
    It is when blizzard refuses to sell authenticators in your country.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Seems kind of silly to me as well, considering that people drop more than $6 on cosmetics, renames, recustomizations, and transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadros
    It is when blizzard refuses to sell authenticators in your country.
    I agree completely, but seriously expecting a free authenticator when it's the cheapest thing you can buy from them (yes literally the cheapest thing you can buy) I don't have much sympathy.

include the price of the authenticator in the expansion, it wouldnt be free.

And that way 95% of the player base would have one.