Healing and HK's

Hey all

Was wondering if any one could explain healing in bg's, if i heal a player do i get his/her hk's or is it just from the area i am in

and i mainly pvp as a disc priest, does absorbtion from my shield count toward healing done?

thanks for clearing this up for me :-)

Re: Healing and HK's

HK's and Healing: I think you get a slight bonus for healing targets, although the HK's remain the same as normally.
    Absorbtion doesn't count towards healing done - There is in fact a whole tab under the scoreboard saying "Absorbs", at least, I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet
    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight
    I wanna hold hands with the pretty alliance people and skip through fields of daisies!
    Look now to your defenses, my son. For the champions of justice gather at your gates!
    Then let them come... Frostmourne HUNGERS!

I do not think absorption gets counted towards total healing done on meters and/or BG scoreboard. You do get HKs from area you're in if people killing stuff are in your raid group.

In early vanilla you gained honor from healing people with full hp. Programming resto shamans on spamming LHW on everything rocked.

I edited this to make it more clear.

It's the area that you are in that determines if you get an HK or not. My own observation is that simply means you must be flagged as being in combat while it that area. You must actually participate in some way such as healing, damage, or CC but any action taken on behalf of a group or raid counts (except for Wintersgrasp where it is strictly based upon proximity.)

You do not need to be a raid or a group to get the HK. It is simply being in proximity to the kill that matters. This is really only an issue for world PvP since in all BG you are in a raid or group.

You must be alive. This can be the bummer for healers because you are often targeted so you spend more time dead. This can sometimes decrease the opportunity you have to get an HK.

As far as I am aware you do not get any extra bonus for actually healing anyone or doing more healing than another healer.