15+ Year Old Account

2v2 pally mage vs. Spriest anything

Wondering if i can get some advice on what do against a shadow priest. I don't think we have ever won a match against a shadow priest. Me and my mage partner are at a loss how to handle them. Fears, dots, heals more than me sometimes, shield, mana burn, cleanse. We got to 700 rating after about 50ish matches. We don't play all that much. I barely pvp'd at all before we started arena a few months ago. Im holy and he is frost. I've got about 500 Resil, he is close to 1k. Advice for a n00b would be much appreciated.

Armory for shits and giggles
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rustyspade

(edit)
    armory is fail, pve gear. If the "authenticator" servers weren't down I could get in a switch it.

Deleted

Re: 2v2 pally mage vs. Spriest anything

500 resi? u need a lot more against shadow priests... think u are the first target of them right?
    a mage will never beat a shadow priest anytime in a 1v1 situation if they are both good players
    i think the best way to beat those teams is to get more resi against manaburn etc. 8)

Pally/Mage is a really rough comp that doesn't really work. I've seen very very few good Pally/Mages, and since you said you are new it's going to be really frustrating playing it.. I don't see how any decent team would lose to that comp.

As above, 500 resilience is way to low. You want to aim for 960 (lowest) to about 1200 (highest). Don't exceed 1200 since you wear plate and if you know how to LoS it isn't going to be a problem. I personally use 970 and I like it, however if you don't play smart you will get gimped fast.

Playing spriest, you want to work with walls, Spriest/Rogue will probably be the most challenging; in which you would want to Sac your mage, charge in. Hopefully he gets hit so it breaks the sap. The number one thing against rogues is to not get sapped or you'll probably lose.

Against Spriests in particular, try to CS mind flay and try to avoid VT. It's pretty much a royal pain in the ***, but they can be a really frusturating class.

Only dispel VT if your 100% sure the person your dispelling won't get gimped in <4s.

15+ Year Old Account

Man i thought someone was going to give me some awesome "i win" trick/button. I don't want to have to work harder! i mean watch the enemy cast bar and move out of line of sight. end sarcasm

Thanks for the tips. Actually today i got the 2min trinket and legs from voa 25 so I'm at 700 resilience now.
    Yeah dispelling uses a ton of GCD's that i don't have a lot to spare. with a Spriest/Rogues there are lots of stuffs to clear out.

What do you mean CS the mind flay? Is CS a mage skill? Im holy. Mage is doing all the work

Its hard to not me the one to get sapped, im usually the distraction while the mage does his thing, bubble/trink out when he needs help. I guess thats the wrong strat against spriest/rogue.

15+ Year Old Account

CS = counterspell. you should put some time in learning your partners' and your enemies' abilities. because you know

Knowing is half the battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

What the guy above said.

If you don't know your enemies spells there's no way you can know how to play against them.