Deleted

Where should i be with my dps?

as title says.
    how much should i do with my gear?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...of&cn=excratia

currently im doing 6k-ish in destro spec....

First, you shouldn't be destro spececed...

Deleted
    define please

10+ Year Old Account
    You could give us some more details than just saying "How much dps should i do, here's armory"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Simple, according to theorycraft, the only two viable specs for current tier raiding are affli and demon.

destro + nibelung = facepalm <-<

try out affliction or demo

by the way we had also a destro lock in our raid with gear like yours and he goes for 10k dps =0

but destro sux so as nibelung sux

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperitself View Post
    Simple, according to theorycraft, the only two viable specs for current tier raiding are affli and demon.
    Well, according to EJ, destro is pretty much equal to affliction in 264-gear and 500 dps behind affli in BiS-Gear, i wouldn't call that "not viable".
    But Reaperitself is right in a way - you would do more dps as affliction as your gear improves.

Edit: Went to EJ to check the simcraft results. Destro should produce pretty equal dps to affliction in 264 gear. Edited first line of my post.
    Last edited by Nerv-Faktor; 2010-06-14 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaperitself View Post
    That's not true. If you look here http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...3_3_3_numbers/ you can see that affliction is the best spec when considering best-in-slot (ilvl277) gear. For lower gear levels, destruction is equal or better.

If you're doing 6k in icecrown with the 20% buff, then you could be doing better. Some quick advice:
    - Replace the pvp items
    - Replace the Nevermelting Ice Crystal. Even the trinket from ToC normal is better, at least for destro
    - Lose some hit, unless you don't have a moonkin or shadow in your raid (desired value: 17% w/o moonkin/spriest, 14% with)

If you want some further advice, host some of your combat logs on worldoflogs or find someone to do that for you^^

15+ Year Old Account
    First things first:

1: You are WAY over Hitcap - i presume that you are Raiding with a Boomkin/Shadow hence you only need 14% Hit - if not you're still 1% UNDER Cap. FIX THAT FIRST.

2: Never Gem for Crit (i know you only got 1 Spell/Crit Gem - still change that to Spell/Haste)

3: Affliction - spec that and learn how to play it correctly - theres quite a nice sticky-guide in the Warlock Forums.

4: You already have one of the BiS Trinkets for Aff (Nevermelting Ice Crystals) - due to the Corruption-"Bug"
    Corruption only recalculates Spell & Haste on refresh - Crit keeps rolling at the same Value it has been put on - Potion (PrePull) & Trinket on start - reapply at 35%. Make sure 2/3 Embracing Shadows is up (SB, Haunt) > then UA (casttime of UA = Traveltime of Haunt) > Haunt hits > Trinket & Corr > CoA > Rota.

You can check out my Lock (Heltah - EU Frostwolf) - all i have is 4pc T9 (not even 25man Version) and 2-3 ICC Items and i menage to pull 8-10K DPS depending on the encounter.

Best regards.

Your gear is kinda all over the place. Looks like some PvP stuff and niblung, which is a horrible weapon no matter how you slice it for a warlock. We want haste and in some specs crit, but mainly haste, that weapon has nothing and a kinda crappy proc which will usually die before they are all expired for their 30 seconds to AoE or other damage in a 25 man/HM raid.

Look into going affliction or, if your raid team doesn't have one already, demonology for a better raid buff.

Just wondering, how much DPS are you doing currently?

Your teir selection is wrong, the off set bit should be either the legs or hands depending or for demo the chest for the heroic chest from 25 blood princes (legs for offset are the Plague scientist pants and hte glove offset is heroic gunship captains mittens, with the other 4 items tier.)

With the ICC 20% buff you could do about say 9k..10k is really pushing it. Will run it through simcraft in a few mins to see your max possible without ICC buff.

Really just learn the spec of choice, the rotation and more importantly stat priorities for that spec. No point having the cookie cutter spec and then gearing all wrong and screwing it up.

EDIT:

Simcraft spat out, in a 25 man raid with EVERY possible buff on you and pet, and every possible debuff on the boss your numbers are 9,544 DPS, not counting something like adding flame caps if your a fire based spec like destro or demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    Looks like some PvP stuff and niblung, which is a horrible weapon no matter how you slice it for a warlock.
    Nibelung is bad for it's itemlevel, but it is better then lower item level weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    Look into going affliction or, if your raid team doesn't have one already, demonology for a better raid buff.
    If you enjoy playing destro stay that way. Here is a log from our last rotface 25hm kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=8586&e=8946
    3 warlocks, 3 different specs, equally geared, all within a 120 dps range. And I was still using Nibelung, it's not that bad.
    Last edited by marmion; 2010-06-14 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Forgot something

6k means there is a fair bit of room to work with.

I would start here. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Fireside-Chat There may be soem things which you are not considering yet.

I am Destruction. In my 25s I do 13-14k pretty easy without PI's or FM, and am in no better than 264 gear save for the exalted ICC ring (277).
    This space for rent.

There are many people saying "dps".
    It is like saying I like apples. What type of apples? There are so many tastes.

Same with DPS... 10k DPS is ok on trash on ICC25, single target is different, dps will change from fight to fight as well. ToC you might do less DPS as you dont have ICC buff, etc.

I would not worry about DPS so much, if you are in a guild having fun, downing bossess and you are not last on dps meters.