Defense cap help

Hi guys,

I've reached 80 on my Warrior recently, and am trying to reach the defense cap so as not to get bitched at in dungeons. I am thinking about saving for t9 and whatnot, and when I DO cap my defense, I want to gem Stamina. Anyways, right now I have two pieces of Furious Gladiator armor equipped (only because you need decent gear to queue for random heroics), and the tempered titansteel helm and feet. I gemmed what I could with Defense rating. Where should I go from here?

Thanks,
    Steve

Try read this http://tinyurl.com/25hyg7k or this http://www.wowwiki.com/Defense or this http://hokage.org/content/level-80-crit-cap-540

EDIT: @ Deathflame. Damn, i bad understand his "question" and yes trinket from normal HoL help me in beginning on my tank warrior too. (sorry my english is bad /shame )
    Last edited by Rolandes; 2010-06-11 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    inb4 it's not a cap.

Yes, it IS a cap. A soft cap, often abbreviated cap. IF YOU SAY MINIMUM, YOU ARE EVEN MORE WRONG THAN THE PEOPLE WHO SAY CAP. THANK YOU.

OT: Trinket from normal HoL. It is awesomesauce.

Also, lol @ Rolandes. Way to go with reading the post.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2010-06-11 at 06:59 PM.

imo you just keep tanking random dungeons whether you have enough defense or not, a good healer can keep you up.

this way you collect more badges and you get t9/triumph emblem ring and stuff faster.

also, if you have gold to spare, saronite swordbreakers and the breastplate are worth it for fresh tanks, not too expensive now since triumph is so easy to get, therefore making crusader orbs easy to get.

another thing, remember to enchant your chest and shield and shoulders (hodir instead of 30 stam 15 resil) for defense and gem 16 or 20 defense rating or 10 def 15 stam in yellow slots just to get you to 540 so you can be raid ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    another thing, remember to enchant your chest and shield and shoulders (hodir instead of 30 stam 15 resil) for defense and gem 16 or 20 defense rating or 10 def 15 stam in yellow slots just to get you to 540 so you can be raid ready.
    to be truly raid ready (at least the relevant ones these days, toc/icc) you should probably be sporting a set of gear in which you don't need to be employing things like pure defense gems and hodir shoulder enchants. T9, 245s from triumphs, 226 conquest items for fillers, and the craftables Grom mentioned should easily put you in the crit immune zone while allowing for generous stamina gemming and enchanting.

Honestly don't even worry about defense, it comes naturally as you gear up and is fairly inconsequential in heroics. If fury warriors and ret paladins with 400 defense and no shield can manage tanking them then any level 80 prot spec can.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame View Post
    inb4 it's not a cap.

Yes, it IS a cap. A soft cap, often abbreviated cap. IF YOU SAY MINIMUM, YOU ARE EVEN MORE WRONG THAN THE PEOPLE WHO SAY CAP. THANK YOU.

OT: Trinket from normal HoL. It is awesomesauce.

Also, lol @ Rolandes. Way to go with reading the post.

Um... was someone going to say that it's not a defense cap? lol

And to everyone else, I implied the responses as "get t9 gear and let the defense cap come to you." I plan on continuing my tanking, and saving for that set of t9. Thanks so much for the responses!

Happy Raiding,
    Steve