Thread: Arena Boosting

Arena Boosting

Was thinking of offering boosts in 2s for t1 wep, and im interested in checking how prices go from realm to realm, as far as i've heard, 4-5k is 'cheap'.
    So, is there anyone doing this on your realm, and how much do they charge?

I did it, I usually charged around 6-7k for 1800 in 2's. Half up front for my time, and the other half when rating was obtained. If we couldn't get the rating I kept the deposit. I got it for everyone who bought from me though. Ive also had people who payed me to play with them every week in 2's to maintain or level the rating higher. Usually about 1k per week there.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

4k on my server, and I don't think it would sell for any more. And none up front, you are charging me for a service, and asking me to trust that you are A) good enough to get me there B) not gonna get frustrated and quit when we don't win 100 games in a row C) That it's just not a straight up a scam.

I would never pay anything up front, or pay more than 4k.

I've done from 5-10k, and they pay around 1/3rd ahead of time. A few of my friends have done up to 15k. This was all back when the season wasn't even a month old though. I haven't cared to look into it lately but I would think it would be around half, so 2.5-5k. Anyone that calls those prices cheap was probably thinking of the prices at the start of the season, now people can just get into icc25 and pick up a weapon with little effort.

you can probably get good deals approaching different high lvl teams on your server altho i'd say 4-5k is very cheap. i remember when people were charging 10k min.

After we got our helmet, weps, OH's and mainpieces my partner always went on to boost people while I scraped together the remaining points of the gear-set in 3's.

He was asking Prim. saronites for m(2 or something) for his axe.

I don't think alot of people will pay more than 5k

Quote Originally Posted by Fastwing View Post
    I don't think alot of people will pay more than 5k
    You would be amazed. Depending on skill, gear and current rating I've charged between 3-8k.

Wish my server had people that wanted boosts. :C

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative View Post
    You would be amazed. Depending on skill, gear and current rating I've charged between 3-8k.
    Ehe you don't want to know what some people charged me when I wanted a boost for my 750 resi warrior. He did have 65% passive arp arp tho, but try keeping that up versus spriest/rogue ;D

I was under the impression that "boosting" was considered a form of win-trading, which is against the ToS, or am I just crazy?

Yep you are

No boosting is perfectly allowed. Since you're actually playing with someone, 'helping' someone for gold, there also ain't no real reason to not-allow it. Let's say buying a Bryn'troll from a guild is the same thing.

Boosting is fine. No point doing it though, if you suck then gear isnt going to help. Probably make you suck even more.

It's a very good idea to charge per hour. it's what I do.
    Some people are just terrible and it takes up to three times as long to hit 1800 with them rather than someone else. No sense getting payed the same for them.

someone tried for 70,000g for glad on altar of storms

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Angel View Post
    Boosting is fine. No point doing it though, if you suck then gear isnt going to help. Probably make you suck even more.
    how would it do that? D:

anyway, i know a few people who do this, and as they are well known on their server, they just ask the other guy to give em the acc data and pretty much do arena like normal then just with a different persons rogue for 3 hours and then get 6k gold or something, i am NOT saying you should do this though if you do not know the guy, pretty obvious why.

Seen people charging about 1.5-2.5k for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.