Thread: Dk Tank Weapon

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dk Tank Weapon

I just got bryntroll and was wondering if it was better for tanking then ramaladni's.I'm Blaumeux on Laughing Skull I can't link my armory from my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Regular Ramalamadingdong? maybe, but I seriously doubt it
    Heroic Ramalamadingdong? no
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

It depends on your threat really, if you can stand to lose the expertise then its probably better..

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...;50798&focus=0

The only thing that would probably make a difference are the 80 weapon damage.

The proc isn't all that great. It's a 2 ppm without internal cd and is in no way controllable. So you can't really count it as "compensation" for EH loss (there is no real EH loss anyway) since chances are it will overheal often
    Not sure about the math, but since the healing part of the proc does not cause threat, I'm pretty sure that 11 expertise + 6% ArPen outweight the proc and 80 weapon damage, or are at least on par with it.

bryntroll absolutely sucks as a tanking weapon. You lose to many stats for a proc that is useless to you as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by theonegod View Post
    bryntroll absolutely sucks as a tanking weapon. You lose to many stats for a proc that is useless to you as a tank.
    not 100% usless, but yes, the heal is minuscule in the grand scale of things.

i would say bryntroll is a nice weapon but the stats you get from ramaladni are better for tanking then the proc
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goregasm. View Post
    not 100% usless, but yes, the heal is minuscule in the grand scale of things.
    99% useless I'd say since the heal is really small (like a renew tick, that's not helping either on 10-15k boss hits), it's on a low proc rate and uncontrollable.
    The chances for it to actually save you or anything close to that are extremely slim.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's correct, but the overall TPS you gain from Bryntroll is roughly the same. If you have one, you shouldn't really bother getting the other. The difference isn't that big

So true.
    Threat is so very much no longer an issue.
    And even if some class without any ability to reduce threat (let's say another DK, Paladin or Warrior) starts to get high-ish on the meter, just spam IT a few times and you're good to go.
    When I was tanking (offspec) with a guildie main tank the other day, I agreed with him to test something. We did a boss, he was tanking it and the boss was just attacking him. After some time I started to spam nothing but IT (and don't forget, I wasn't getting hit so no Rune Strikes there) and without too much effort, I went over him on threat, even more than 10% so the boss started to hit me.

Just to show you guys how extremely unimportant weapon damage for TPS reasons is to us these days.

Take the one with the most stam, aka most Effective Health (EH), threat shouldnt be an issue and you should never gear after it

They are very very close.

Ramaladni's Blade of Cullinghas after gemming:
    154 Str
    224 Stam

Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiterhas after gemming:
    169 Str
    221 Stam

Ramaladni's has 154 STR because of socket bonus, where Bryntroll you won't be getting the socket bonus unless you want to toss agility in there for some dodge/armor.

So Bryntroll has more STR which comes out to about .03-.04% avoidance, so pretty negligible. The difference here for me is the expertise, and I had both of these weapons for awhile but went with the Ramaladni's over the Bryntroll for tanking. The reason is the expertise because it rounded my stats out better. On tank and spank fights, the Bryntroll has more weapon dps and will probably do more threat in the long run, but with the misdirect trains we receive that scenario isn't something we should worry about unless you are threat capping your dps. The scenario you do want to think about is initial threat on targets. A parry or a string of parries right after picking up a mob will effect your threat much more then the negligible difference in long term threat that we see between the two. If you have both, you could even start with Ramaladni's and then swap to Bryntroll one you have a threat lead.

So my suggestion is if you are very low on expertise, go with the Ramaladni's. If your expertise is 22 or more, go with Bryntroll.

Quote Originally Posted by paoknight View Post
    Can I haz your old wpn?? kkthx
    Yes, your post was useless. kthx

I would have to agree that the Ramaladni's is a better weapon just because of the stats you are getting, expertise and arm pen.

Bryntroll has a higher GS score clearly it's better.......

On a more serious note the difference between them is neglegible both are good weapons. Ramadan perhaps trumps brynn for the simple reason it fills a stat hole that most end game tanks will suffer from with is lack of expertise but at the end of the day threat doesn't matter too much any more and you can just take the weapon that looks cooler. I think Brynntroll matches our tier 10 better. But both are easly obtainable and it matters not at all which you use. Just make sure if you raid with a guild you are not taking an upgrade from a dps for a sidegrade for yourself and you should be golden

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a similar problem …

Being the MT in our ICC10 group i use Bryntroll for tanking and Ramaldin NHC when i switch to my DPS Spec. (I don't need the Exp in my tank gear) plus i have a second Ramaldin NHC with Stam Gems and Stonskin on it.

What my question is:
    Would Bryntroll be the better DPS weapon? (dont need the Exp from Ramaldin in that spec either)

Second question:
    I'm considering in getting Shadow's Edge (wont bother getting the Legendary since i CBA with 25 raids and 6/12 is doable with PuGs) and is the struggle worth it compared to the other 2 weapons?

15+ Year Old Account
    http://pwnwear.com/2010/01/25/tanking-weapons-in-3-3/

I'm not sure about the DPS part, so I'll let others tell you that.

What I can tell you is, that Shadow's Edge is better than Ramaladni NHC. and more or less on par with the hc version.

Personally I wouldn't pay the gold for the Saronites, and I'd let a DPS take it before me. But if none of that bothers you, go for it. It is better than Ramaladni's.

I'm a fan of the Bryntroll personally.

Bryntoll is better utilized as a DPS weapon unholy sub-frost build, Ramaldani's axe is a nice weapon for either, so go Axe for tanking and Bryntoll for DPS, unless it's non heroic Ramaldani's vs Bryntoll and tanking is your main spec, then it's more of a toss-up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the input & thx for the link Zao.

Well the thing is that i'm the only one with first-need on 2H Weapons (+Str ones) since nobody else in our ICC10 setup can use 'em and since we're doing HC now i'll sooner or later get hold of HC Ramaladni.

I'll probably will take Ramaldni HC for tanking (EXP - hooray for even more threat)
    and NHC Rama / Bryn for DPS - hardly ever have to switch though.

I personally use heroic Ramaladni's (I have heroic bryntroll and wouldn't even consider it). As an orc its worth 17 expertise. I literally have no expertise on any of my gear but my weapon and 3 stam/exp gems and I'm expertise capped. That's nuts.

I don't know about your experiences in ICC but I find I pull the highest threat of any tank by a significant margin. As a result giving up 17 expertise (and some armor pen) for ~80 weapon damage (due to the weapon only being 3.4 speed) and a tiny proc would be retarded. The only Weapon id use over H Ramaladni's is a heroic glorenzelg.