Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Woo! Cataclysm here I co- Aw man, banned...

So I haven't played WoW in god knows how long, decided I'd take a break after getting the classes I enjoy to 80 and wait for Cataclysm. Checking mmo-champion daily, lots of interesting changes look like they're in the works, life is good. Then during today's maintenance I get this:

***Notice of Account Closure***

Account Name: ****

Offense:
    Use of Third Party Automation Software

This account has been found to have employed third party software designed to yada yada yada. As such, this account has been closed and will not be reopened under any circumstances. The recurring subscription on the account has been disabled to prevent further charges.

Please review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use at etc etc.

Any disputes or questions concerning etc etc.

Regards,

GmNameHere
    Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment
    **Link to WoW's page**

I haven't played the game in nearly a year. Thinking it's a joke or some kind of phishing email I log into the forums and lo-and-behold, there are indeed no WoW accounts tied to my bnet account. This bums me out as I was looking forward to the expansion but the 'this account has been closed and will not be reopened under any circumstances' part sounds pretty final. Has anyone had an account reopened under similar circumstances or am I pretty much boned?

you know how cheap a new copy is thise days ?

Depends on whether or not you've actually used bots.

If not, petition. If so, you deserve that.

10+ Year Old Account
    0/10
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

It's a fake. Just by the way. At least, looks fake.

EDIT : oh, nvm saw the last part. Bummer man, hope you can get your account back!

Just call Blizz in the morning, if you haven't played, you might have been hacked in that time.

yeah i dont think blizzard would write 'yada yada yada'. FAKE

did you ever think he typed the yada yada yada because he didnt wanna type the whole email >.>

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    ... ^^^im not sure if this is a serious post..
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Sometimes the forums will tell you that you have no characters available on your account, even if you do, if you haven't logged in for a while. That happens to me quite a bit and really isn't indicative of anything in and of itself. Contact Blizzard and you should be able to find out fairly quickly if it's legit, and contest it if it is.

The yada's and the etc's were just me trying to save you guys reading time. I'm not questioning the legitimacy of the letter here, I'm pretty sure it's genuine. Played completely legit during the 3-4 years I did play, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had it happen and had it resolved. Since I haven't played in ages I thought there might be grounds for an appeal. Either way, I'll check it out in the morning, thanks to the guys that were helpful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Either you didn't link your WoW account to a Battle.Net account - This is a must since some time ago

Or you got hacked while you didn't play and the hacker used a third party software

Or....you used a third party software

And last option....you are trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Never stoped playing so no sorry tho i did got hacked a few weaks ago so.

But i would suggest tommorow morning call blizzard(or how late it is with you EU its atm 5 am xd) and ask about this dont fill in anything until youre 100% sure its from blizzard.

Either you didn't link your WoW account to a Battle.Net account - This is a must since some time ago

Or you got hacked while you didn't play and the hacker used a third party software

Or....you used a third party software

And last option....you are trolling
    Yeah that's what I figure too. I merged the account a long time ago and haven't used any kind of hacks. Not bored enough to troll, just thought I'd post here since I'm unable to on the CS forums.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Call Blizzard....?

At some point you were keylogged. After you quit, they reactivated your account (they do this frequently), used it to bot uninterrupted (since you don't play, you didn't catch them in the act) until you were banned.

Contact Blizzard. Since your account was compromised you have a chance of getting it back.

At least we've learned one thing from this: Blizzard still bans botters. I'm shocked.

To the people who say it's a fake -- i don't think it's fake.
    I received an email today from blizzard, telling me that someone in my guild was recently hacked, and during the time when their account was out of their control, several items were taken.
    Etc etc.
    They then went on to list the items that were taken -- and told me that the items would be sent to me through ingame mail.

They also ended with the same closer.

They didn't ask for any information. They didn't encourage me to go to the website.

I think, however, that blizz CAN actively ban accounts for past offenses. Meaning if you used a bot for 20 minutes 364 days ago, you can get banned for that.

Now, if you weren't playing for a year, but for some reason was still paying for it -- I wonder if you let anyone (kids, wife, girlfriend, friend) have access to your account for some reason. IE: My friend once let his friend have access to his account in order to finish leveling him to 70. Said other friend uses a bot, and gets first friend's account banned.
    Even though you didn't do it yourself, you let someone have access to your account, which blizzard discourages -- and as such you willingly put your account into risk.

TLR
    I don't think it's a fake email.
    Contact Blizz.
    Lie to them (If you have to) and tell them you don't let anyone else on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by XeliosX View Post
    I think, however, that blizz CAN actively ban accounts for past offenses. Meaning if you used a bot for 20 minutes 364 days ago, you can get banned for that.

They don't need a reason to ban you. They can ban you if they don't like your face.