Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Free day on subscription when server is down?

Hello!
    I was wondering how it was for ppl in US when they had server down for 24h. Did you get a free day added to your subscription or do we actually have to pay for this non playable day?
    Anyone knows?

nope

Signature by Resentful - Bleeding Corruption

Deleted
    It's in the terms (Somewhere.) that you have to agree to that when you pay to play this game there will be downtimes for patches/whatever that you have to put up with. You're not allowed to complain about it, basically. It's either put up with it or just don't pay for the game.

---------- Post added 06-16-2010 at 08:36 AM ----------

However I do feel sorry for the people with the 24h downtimes!

Deleted
    I think that it is up to Blizzard to give you a free day, because just like it was said, you confirmed in the termes that you accept downtimes ^^

But sometimes Blizz is nice enough to give you some free days ^^

No, you can play on another realm

Deleted
    So they are actually that greedy that they force ppl to pay for an unplayable day? I didn't think they were so low.

But I have heard about ppl getting days for free when they couldn't play for a long time, how is that? Is it because of technical issues and not when they plan to close it down and inform us about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    idc, i play to much anyways, servers been down is a good thing for me.
    Last edited by Daranus; 2010-06-16 at 06:48 AM.

"Worlds first is overrated anyway. Only proves that you have no life."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster View Post
    No, you can play on another realm
    Hehe then they might actually gain a little money instead, have ppl start leveling something up on some other realm and then hopefully pay for server change shortly But still, a bit greedy yea?:P

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So they are actually that greedy that they force ppl to pay for an unplayable day? I didn't think they were so low.

But I have heard about ppl getting days for free when they couldn't play for a long time, how is that? Is it because of technical issues and not when they plan to close it down and inform us about it?
    Why would that make Blizzard low... gosh... everyone playing this game agreed with the terms...

15+ Year Old Account

There not greedy, if you agree to the terms, then there isn't anything you can say about it.

Yes, they have before given people with extended down-times a day or two free but it's rare that it happens and usually when they don't mean for it to be a extended down-time but something happens to make it longer.

Pretty much any planned downtime they will not give you a free day, any thing else that is unscheduled is at their discretion. So they may or may not give you a free days if the servers crash for like 3 days. Most likely they will. I don't recall ever getting it though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thaelton View Post
    nope
    this is madness!

they don't have to repay for your server being down because there are other you can play on.

Deleted

Unscheduled downtime like "Whoops! Mike set the servers on fire!" might be reimbursed, although Blizzard doesn't owe anyone anything normally. Scheduled downtime is definitely something we just have to accept because it's in the ToS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lassietoverrijst View Post
    Why would that make Blizzard low... gosh... everyone playing this game agreed with the terms...
    Yea but still, if I had a big successful company and lots of daily players I sure wouldn't mind giving them an extra day of playtime if I took an entire day away from them. However, I'm not so maybe I haven't got the greediness inside of me yet, I'm only service minded atm =)

10+ Year Old Account
    As people said, the game is still there, you can play on another server. And it is just for one day. You will live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlok View Post
    they don't have to repay for your server being down because there are other you can play on.
    If they were truly service minded then they would offer you free server change if you had to start a char on a realm different than the one you usually play on cause of downtime. This or give a free day added on your subscription.

Blizzard wants you to log on and play every day, as many hours a day as possible. I do, however, understand their greediness.. cause they don't have to care cause of the terms you agree on. And they are in a position that ppl choose them anyway. I bet most companies don't give away stuff for free when they know most ppl pay anyway. Like I said, if they get ppl to start leveling a char on a different realm today they might even pay a server transfer for it later on. Then they actually gain money when they have some of their servers down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakavys View Post
    this is madness!
    Madness...?

This!
    Is!
    BLIZZARD!

/kick
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    As people said, the game is still there, you can play on another server. And it is just for one day. You will live.
    I think I will die ;P
    No, it was actually just the question of getting a free day added to my subscription that was my issue, not QQ about having to deal with IRL today... believe it or not =)

Deleted
    If you really care that much about $0.50...

What can I say?