Thread: Sexism in WoW

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, when a human female spends all of her day running across a forest or a field, or through a mountain on foot instead of sitting in a chair all day or running for 30 minutes a day, and the common citizen in Azeroth doesn't take gryphons or own a Gnomish vehicle, and they do not go by a diet of processed foods, then yes that is generally what the human female body is supposed to look like, give or take some on breast size.

And about the jokes about getting nails done and knowing tailoring/cooking, that's why in the emote is says <name> tells a joke...because it's a joke. She needs to grow up and get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticBlade View Post
    And don't dare let her find out that HUMANS are also killed in the game! :O
    PETA doesnt care about humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Now say to her that your professions are skinning and leatherworking <3

Quote Originally Posted by Huurka View Post
    Hello.

I showed my sister
    I honestly read that as "I showered my sister".. Woops.

Anyway she is probably the type of girl who can't get a guy to notice her, therefore she makes it obvious she's a feminist and tries to portray is as the oppoosite. As always, I know nothing about her so I could be a mile off. Tell her to calm down and while she's at it, make you a sandwich.
    Cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios View Post
    Now say to her that your professions are skinning and leatherworking <3
    You won my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Huurka View Post
    Hello.

I showed my sister (who is a feminist) World of Warcraft. She was disgusted at the women of World of Warcraft looked like Barbie dolls.
    She created a Human female Mage, because she apparently likes to conjure water. I showed her the /silly emote and that was probably a large mistake.
    She was rather pissed about the joke "Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?", to say the least.
    But she wanted to hear more and got the joke "I can't find anywhere to get my nails done" joke right after. She was furious. I calmed her down and showed her the spells of a Mage.

She picked up a quest and started to kill the wolves. She works for PETA and she was not content about the contents of this game.

She quitted.

Anyone experienced the same thing? I think it's kind of silly that it is like this. My sister opened my eyes.
    you, your sister, black people that see everything any white person does as racist, and any other race/sex/religious group (ISLAM) that percieves everything anyone else does as a threat are the reason that this world has fucking politcal corectness. sometimes a joke is a fucking JOKE and not an attempt to demean the entire female populace of wow. get some fucking brains and a sense of humor my fucking god. I play an orc and im black, you getting pissy about "sexism" with the female representation in this game is the exact same as some one like me seeing the orcs as a racist parody of my people because a joke they say is "Its not easy being green". Grow the fuck up and stop following people like your naïve and immature sister onto the bandwagon. if all people, races, cultures, sexes, can openly make jokes about eachother without fear of offending anyone, then the world would be better as a whole. instead, we cant make a fucking joke with an incredibly obvious stereotype meant to make you laugh (like every other race in this game by the way) without some random feminist taking it as an attack on her terribly wrong ideals. Or, to relate it to an RL event yall may have heard of, we cant make a joke about fucking mohammad without the creators of south park getting death threats.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmv2eAESfM
    All I gotta say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So you say that Blizzard *did* promise player housing?
    By all means, show me a post to back this up. Go ahead, proof me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You don´t like getting people with new gear don´t pug simple as that - and don´t gripe about it afterwards then your the retard.

i'm vegan myself but if u can't stand killing a virtual animal u got a serious problem. if she qq's about this what does she do when she is watching tv?, nerd rageing and trowing the remote at it ?

If she has problem with human female may be she will be happy with a dwarf female? just a thought

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammatimme View Post
    you, your sister, black people that see everything any white person does as racist, and any other race/sex/religious group (ISLAM) that percieves everything anyone else does as a threat are the reason that this world has fucking politcal corectness. sometimes a joke is a fucking JOKE and not an attempt to demean the entire female populace of wow. get some fucking brains and a sense of humor my fucking god. I play an orc and im black, you getting pissy about "sexism" with the female representation in this game is the exact same as some one like me seeing the orcs as a racist parody of my people because a joke they say is "Its not easy being green". Grow the fuck up and stop following people like your naïve and immature sister onto the bandwagon. if all people, races, cultures, sexes, can openly make jokes about eachother without fear of offending anyone, then the world would be better as a whole. instead, we cant make a fucking joke with an incredibly obvious stereotype meant to make you laugh (like every other race in this game by the way) without some random feminist taking it as an attack on her terribly wrong ideals. Or, to relate it to an RL event yall may have heard of, we cant make a joke about fucking mohammad without the creators of south park getting death threats.
    You sir have made my day

Quote Originally Posted by the_dynamite View Post
    If she has problem with human female may be she will be happy with a dwarf female? just a thought
    she probably looks like one if she has to spaz out this much over unimportant shit to get attention
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmv2eAESfM
    All I gotta say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So you say that Blizzard *did* promise player housing?
    By all means, show me a post to back this up. Go ahead, proof me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You don´t like getting people with new gear don´t pug simple as that - and don´t gripe about it afterwards then your the retard.

Yep, she needs to chill out.

You know what would be sexist? If all the faction leaders were male, and male characters had better stats by default. But the fact is, WoW is as close to equality as you'll ever find. I mean, the Night Elves are technically a female dominated race that has only recently awakened their men. Is that not somewhat sexist towards men? No, its not.

Only things I'm a bit iffy on is the fact some armour turns into underwear on female characters. But considering I've known quite a few ladies on this game who like this, I'd just say that anyone bitching about it and ragequitting just has serious emotional issues.

Also, your sister gives feminists a bad image. Feminist =/= man hating hormone raging woman. Feminist = someone (man or woman, yes) who respects the rights of women. And WoW is not infringing of that - infact, its rather empowering I think. And the thousands of women who play probably agree.

yes because most mages aren't talior wethier their female or not. slsry who doesnt cook in wow

Peta = People Eating Tasty Animals...om nom nom

Taking what you see in this game seriously is very,very silly.

Your sister sounds like she is butch.

There is much less sexism in WoW than you would find in almost any culture on earth.

In Wow:

Women, can master any and all professions

Women, can and do lead nations and armies.

Women, can hold any and all ranks in the military.

Seems rather progressed to me……..

But maybe something else is pissing "your sister" off?

Every Race/Gender combo in this game only gets one body type.

But why do I think that your sister would have prefered if female humans looked like this?

Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

It's not really sexist, female characters have the same stats as males and you actually see them fighting in the front lines, which is pretty equal.

Although, I suspect a troll after seeign the part about PETA. Its a worty cause in real life, but for someone to be against killing animals in a game about fighting and stuff, doesn't sound right.

Damn, some people are sensitive. I agree with Hammatime.
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Your sister is on the extreme side of the scale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiry View Post
    Feminism is sexism.

A guy claiming to be sexist is frowned upon. A girl claiming to be feminist is applauded.

Tell her to stop being a sexist pig and be an "equalitist", get over herself, and play a fantasy game as if it were a fantasy game and not real life.
    This.