Thread: Original manual

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Original manual

Recently looked through it and saw Inner Fire used to increase attack power. Any interesting differences from the game and the manual?

Let me guess you just saw the thread about priests 2 healing specs?

Lol seriously? I hope either you read it wrong, or it was a misprint. Why would priests ever need attack power? If this is true, Blizz is stupid. :P
    "My priest needs Attack Power!"
    -'I think you mean SPELL Power.'
    "No. I need AP for my melee!"
    -'/headdesk'

inner fire : greatly increase the attack power and armnor of preist for a short duration,higher ranks improvve attack adn armor further.
    Last edited by peknoman; 2010-06-17 at 04:37 AM.
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

15+ Year Old Account
    It also said we would have dwarf mages. things change,but AP preists? i only dreampt it so

yeah, it's true, inner fire gave ap, in the manual it says dwarves can be mages, rogues used to be able to use shields in beta, etc

there are a ton of things like that, there are vids of melee priests with 1k ap

It says there are Dwarf mages and one other class idea that was removed at the last minute...

Oh and that Plain Striding ability Tauren were gonna get instead of mounts. XD What a joke.

I've got an old copy of the Official Strategy Guide you could get when wow was fairly new. You wouldn't believe that some of the stuff that's in there actually was part of the game if you read it today :P

Wow it does say increases Attack Power! Nice!

you guys must not haveplayed in vanilla, but melee priest twinks in lvl 19 pvp bracket were actually pretty sweet. there used to be str / ap cloth aswell

take a look at some of the talent specs! lol.
    Q. Why are there so few female politicians?
    A. Because it takes too long to makeup on two faces

It really does make you appreciate just how much the game has changed..

was a carry over from WC3 when as humans you could make a group of priests and have them buff your melee
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Yeah, inner fire boosted attack power in wc3. Implementing it in wow was a "for fun" thing, much like firestones still have the melee proc.

Dunno why they took it out rather than just nerfing it if was a problem.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe they wanted disc priests to be a fist weapon dps melee spec then scraped it sometime before beta or something lol

found my old manual and saw two lost paladin abilitys.

Healing Aura:
    Heals party members over a short period of time. It is only active outside of combat. Higher ranks heal more.

Seal of Fury:
    Makes a friendly Player more threatning, giving monsters greater desire to attack that player. A useful way for paladins to taunt monsters off weaker partymembers.

Also it says that Redemption brings player back with full hp/mana.

Didn't know most of those, heh. This game truly has changed a bunch.

I don't know if DKs were in the manual, but I do know they WERE scrapped at the last minute back then.

BTW: if someone has a PDF version of the original manual please link it I'd love to look at it myself.
    Last edited by Dreager_ex; 2010-06-17 at 06:05 AM.

Polearms and spears were two different things. Druids were supposed to be able to use spears, staves, daggers, and maces only.

If you look at the character lineup, you'll notice that the female trolls are different in appearance too.