Lightbulb Strange file upon Blizz Repair logs

So iv been having this problem, in which I can log into any server ingame, exept the one my mains are on ( the ones i have 9+ chars ) So iv decided id start up the ol' blizz repair tool. I was bored and had nothing really to do, so when I was reading the files zipping by, one said something about emerald dream, and its zones and textures. I always thaught that the Emerald Dream was nothing more than an abandoned chunk of a zone, could it be that blizz is progressivly working on this? If so is there a current way to get there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inciniratore View Post
    So iv been having this problem, in which I can log into any server ingame, exept the one my mains are on ( the ones i have 9+ chars ) So iv decided id start up the ol' blizz repair tool. I was bored and had nothing really to do, so when I was reading the files zipping by, one said something about emerald dream, and its zones and textures. I always thaught that the Emerald Dream was nothing more than an abandoned chunk of a zone, could it be that blizz is progressivly working on this? If so is there a current way to get there?
    You used to be able to get there before the wall jumping got fixed, just youtube it, theres loads of vids of people wall jumping into it etc

10+ Year Old Account
    yah my guess is its just like Hyjal. You might be able to get there, but its like an auto ban. I do know that in restarts it renders the features in Mt. Hyjal, even if we can't get there atm. There are so many areas in WoW that are fully textured, yet are unavailible. Already for Cata? who knows.

"Worlds first is overrated anyway. Only proves that you have no life."

ok thanks, I thaught the only way to get there was via blink through the deadmines portal before the fix

---------- Post added 06-16-2010 at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daranus View Post
    yah my guess is its just like Hyjal. You might be able to get there, but its like an auto ban. I do know that in restarts it renders the features in Mt. Hyjal, even if we can't get there atm. There are so many areas in WoW that are fully textured, yet are unavailible. Already for Cata? who knows.
    Iv used a program ( Camera Tool ) That lets me zip around cliently to any spot in wow, and it has let me given a visit to Mount Hyjal, area is completely mis understood. From a birds eye view atleast, and I think im the first to record a full video with such an angle. I guess I just haven't gotten to The emerald dream due to my lack of knowledge of were it is

Even if it's not currently available content, the stuff is still in the gamefiles.

Same goes for Old Ironforge, Lower Karazhan and stuff like that.

Some of them can be accessed, but only by using glitches. Old IF is below "new" IF, so glitching in the right places in IF will let you drop down to Old. There same goes for Kara - it's actually present, below the currently accessible upper karazhan, so by glitching in the right place you can drop down.

I don't think there is any similar obvious "accesspoint" for the emerald dream zone. Lorewise it exists parallell to all of Azeroth, but not in how the zone works in the gamefiles. So, no I don't think you can get there without using teleport hacks or GM codes. You can look at the place in a sandbox client or with the modelviewer though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think you can get to emerald dream through some quests, those from the emerald dragons around (the four dragons), they drop a quest item that gives you access to emerald dream for a short time i think, i have only gotten 1 of them so i don't know more than that that one shows you a tiny bit

Old Ironforge is boring, been there.

It was worth it the first time, just to get the feeling you've actually been there.

You can't go to the Emerald Dream anymore. (No the green smoke won't work...)

GM's can worldport there, so next time when you helped Blizzard with reporting a bot, try to get a worldport