Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see this mentioned, though I may have missed it...

In alpha and early beta, weapon vendors sold Glaives. Equipped, they were identical in appearance to the Darnassus Sentinel NPC Glaive weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    I believe (might be wrong on this one) that undead once had underwater breathing that allowed them to remain below water without a breath meter.
    Breath used to be 60 seconds originally and Forsaken was 3x longer so while leveling in the Arathi Highlands the Drowned Reef earned it's name, thanks to naga that cast net, lol. In WotLK everyone was changed to 3 minutes (not sure if Forsaken is still 3x that).

I remember a while back coming across a site that had interactive versions of old talent trees, and it was very interesting to see what they looked like at launch. Since then I've forgotten where that was located. Does anyone know of such a site currently in operation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Curse of elements (and curse of shadow at the time), used to be able to give neative resistance to the target you applied it to.
    Also, mages and priests had a talent to increase wand dmg !

Nice list, but I can remember alot of it acctually. Tho some of it where just "ahhhhh, lol"

Warlocks were able to summon people off cliffs
    Those were good times.

A great way to show someone that it pays to show up to a raid on time.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Also, mages and priests had a talent to increase wand dmg !
    That was very recently too, I think it actually only went away in 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsonn View Post
    Very nice thread!

Made me search some old screenshots of me playing the American closed beta...
    Not all are features, but some stuff might me fun to know about anyway.

* Max level in the beta was lvl 39 (since lvl 40 introduced mounts i guess)
    After you could reach 39+ all your gear was reset and you got some gold send
    to you for buying new equipment.
    * Infernals were guarding resticted area's (the ones under depelopment) blowing
    you up when you came near them. they were called "Guardian of Blizzard"
    * Each region had his own trade channel were you could link items and they were
    sold to the highest bidder in that channel. (imagine Barrens-chat )

Some real features:
    * Mechanical Squirrel looked like a normal one
    * you didnt have recently bandaged and bandaging wasn't being pushed back (i think).
    so this was basically a warrior's gift
    * you could have Capital letters all over your name. like: LeeTKidOmG

Thinking of more...
    where you could link items? you must be mad. linking items in chats didnt get introduced before we were close to BC (pre-bc talent patch, but still pretty late)

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I remember a while back coming across a site that had interactive versions of old talent trees, and it was very interesting to see what they looked like at launch. Since then I've forgotten where that was located. Does anyone know of such a site currently in operation?
    Linked it 2 pages ago.

Curse of elements (and curse of shadow at the time), used to be able to give neative resistance to the target you applied it to.
    I think it's worth mentioning that negative resistances also allowed negative resists. Instead of a chance of doing half damage you had a chance of doing double damage (and those could crit as well) giving you a chance of oneshotting anybody in PvP.

I think back in the beta (or alpha) there was also holy resistance. It was at some time scrapped but there have been leftovers for some time (the hunter ability showing the stats of beasts still showed holy resistance for a while).
    Last edited by GT4; 2010-06-17 at 09:10 PM.

-Undercity was even more complicated to navigate, so they removed the second floor (it is still accessible in game).
    My favorite little hidey spot.

CMIIW, but priest used to have:
    * something similar to the current Hunter's MD
    * Mind Rot -- which was basically a DoT version of Mana Burn

A lot of neat things. Well done!

UBRS was originally a 40man raid, it was then made a 15man. While it was a 40man, the only way to enter MC was to run through BRD with 40people and zone in.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    If I remember correctly, it didn't scale at all. Had a Hunter back then and Survival only became useful once they redesigned it and added the 15% agility talent.
    However, besides doing laughable damage, Arcane Shot scaled with SP back then and Blizzard had the retarded idea to include SP on ZG and T2.5 sets which made them significantly worse than other items at the same level.
    i leveled as survival back then (yeh i know, melee hunter wtflol noob, i werent a good hunter back then)
    but it scaled pretty well with your attack power.

Just thought of a relatively recent change: Priests used to have racial spells of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    i leveled as survival back then (yeh i know, melee hunter wtflol noob, i werent a good hunter back then)
    but it scaled pretty well with your attack power.
    Maybe it was changed at some point but I don't think so. I know that I specced for it once and it ticked for like 17 at level 60. It was also considered a joke of a talent back then and I don't think that would've been the case if it really scaled that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Just thought of a relatively recent change: Priests used to have racial spells of their own.
    Hah that reminds me of Prayer of Mending w/o cd too heh heh (quite recent though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palidan View Post
    -though most people know this, windfury weapon procs could proc off eachother. So theoretically they could one shot a raid boss if stars aligned.
    yyyyyyyeeeeeeeesssssssss

10+ Year Old Account
    That was very recently too, I think it actually only went away in 3.0.
    Really was it still in the game for that long? I cant be bothered to check the patch notes. Pretty redundant talents nontheless.

Also, spellstone used to be equippable. It had a use effect that gave you a shield that absorbed spelldmg, unsure if it had any passive bonus.
    Firestone where also equippable, and had the chance to make your MELEE hits also cause additional fire dmg. Like flametounge weapon for shamans.

Both kinda new changes tho...