Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

So I moved to Alliance...

And I hate it, most of my guild and RL friends moved, dunno about them but I hate it, really a case of the grass is greener, The PUGs are better, and the population is in our favour on my server (85%) so we win WG pretty much all the time but whats the point when the majority of people are just... stubborn, argumentative and just plain ignorant? Typical sods law.

Anyone else had experience with the so called 'immaturity' of Alliance players, or is it just me and a negative stereotype?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    I was Alliance,switched to Horde do NOT regret it. IT all depends on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    And I hate it, most of my guild and RL friends moved, dunno about them but I hate it, really a case of the grass is greener, The PUGs are better, and the population is in our favour on my server (85%) so we win WG pretty much all the time but whats the point when the majority of people are just... stubborn, argumentative and just plain ignorant? Typical sods law.

Anyone else had experience with the so called 'immaturity' of Alliance players, or is it just me and a negative stereotype?
    I have been back and forth in my 5 years of playing. It depends on the server. Faction really doesn't play as much of a role in this as you think it does.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Just you. Maybe a matter of server though... But no, it can't be so bad, maybe you have bad luck, there are people with good and bad attitude on both sides, I know that because I played both Alliance and Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    So:

Alliance Players = Lawyers, Bank Owners, Doctors - IRL
    Horde Players = Mac'Donalds guy, Starbucks toilet cleaner, student.

amadoinitright?

/sarcasmoff

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate when people say alliance are ignorant and such when it completely depends on your server

TheRealMethuselah
    I'm going to get off the happy-go-lucky, oh-it's-just-you bandwagon and tell you that in my experience most of the Alliance (which I have played, I had/have an 80 Dwarf Warrior) are younger, immature, "kids"; while Horde seems to be the more mature, elite, "adults" in WoW... just sayin'.

Deleted
    Depends on server or it was just a bad day

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealMethuselah View Post
    I'm going to get off the happy-go-lucky, oh-it's-just-you bandwagon and tell you that in my experience most of the Alliance (which I have played, I had/have an 80 Dwarf Warrior) are younger, immature, "kids"; while Horde seems to be the more mature, elite, "adults" in WoW... just sayin'.
    And I've experienced the exact opposite...just sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulluhead View Post
    I was Alliance,switched to Horde do NOT regret it. IT all depends on you.
    Same.
    From my exp. there are more younger players on alliance side. However I have only dedicated time to 3 servers so I am sure its not an all encompassing fact.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

TheRealMethuselah
    Understood. It's a Ford vs Chevy argument... everyone has an opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every server is different. I know most of the Horde on my old server played Belfs and were kids who thought they looked "cool". Meanwhile a good number of the Alliance were kids who were like "OMG GUIZ WERE THE GEWD GUYS LETS GET THE HOARD!". It varies for every server. If you don't like it get the money together and change back... or start over on Horde side.

Deleted
    If 85% of your servers population play alliance it seems kinda logical that you will find more annoying people there.

Faction happens to play no part in it whatsoever.

I like to believe that little kids see Nelfs and humans and go "OMFG HOT NELF CHIK" /Druid and roll Alliance, but, there is no evidence to support this.

Let's just leave it as....everbody is a jackass wherever you go, and you should just play Horde because they are 10x cooler, and have better racials. And Trolls, we have trolls, true story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on my realm its basically an equal amount of assholes and good people on either side.

I'll agree somewhat, I would never play alliance just for this fact, but you can't say it about every one of them. A majority yeah, but not all of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are completely ignorant if you really think there is a difference between factions. At best there is a difference between servers but even that is a stretch. People tend to (be stupid and) stereotype large groups based on a few individuals. I have been on both factions on multiple servers ever since the game launched and I can honestly say there is zero difference that you can put past a few loud mouthed annoying people. Those people always very from server to server but it has nothing to do with faction.

Yes, I do play alliance now. But on MY SERVER, there are happen to be more vocal asshats on horde side. Trust me though, there are plenty on ally too.

What server are you on?
    I always wonder why people try to hurt me
    No happiness in their own lives
    So they act out all their jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Generalfrisk View Post
    Faction happens to play no part in it whatsoever.

I like to believe that little kids see Nelfs and humans and go "OMFG HOT NELF CHIK" /Druid and roll Alliance, but, there is no evidence to support this.

Let's just leave it as....everbody is a jackass wherever you go, and you should just play Horde because they are 10x cooler, and have better racials. And Trolls, we have trolls, true story.
    Stereotype!!! jk
    but yea im a kid and i went alliance, and i met alot of other kids who are really annoying and immature. (im not one of those annoying ones )

10+ Year Old Account
    omg the main reason i posted on this thread is to say that exhale your sig is amazing what topic was it in????

OT: it really just depends on the server, on some you will find the horde to be more mature but on others alliance....sorry to break it to you =/
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"