Page 1 of 3
LastLast

They should make a Super Heroic Mode

Since they can lock out dungeons based on gear, they should now make a super heroic mode that lets well geared players get additional Frost badges, plus it will make heroics fun again if they are actually challenging. To even make it remotely fun, as a tank I pull rooms at a time and as a healer I beg tanks to do the same.

Hahahahaha!!!

ALL GLORY TO Cthulhu Ftagn, HIS WILL BE DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Since they can lock out dungeons based on gear, they should now make a super heroic mode that lets well geared players get additional Frost badges, plus it will make heroics fun again if they are actually challenging. To even make it remotely fun, as a tank I pull rooms at a time and as a healer I beg tanks to do the same.
    I doubt that would change anything, all they would do is increase the damage you take most likely...the thing is currently there is NO CC required at all for any dungeon. The only one where you need any sort of kill order or to use half a brain would be in H HoR.

Just wait until Cataclysm. The return of crowd control will make heroics more interesting and fun. It won't just be a mad dash to charge in and blast everything down with AoE anymore, it'll actually require half a brain.
    I'm an English major. The absence of your grammar is atrocious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Goblins are green gnomes? Not quite. When you punt a gnome, everyone has a good laugh. When you punt a goblin, everything in a 30-mile radius is incinerated.

What's that word, hmm, I just can't quite think of it, oh yea: No.

Besides, they can't lock someone out of a dungeon because they are poorly geared. The auto dungeon finder automatically won't put them in that dungeon, but nothing is preventing that person from just forming a group and running over to the dungeon, you know, the old fashioned way of doing things.

I don't see this happening. For one, they want to limit somewhat the intake of frost badges. Sure, you can get quite a lot if you raid a 10 and 25 man, do your ICC weekly and raid weekly quests and your daily dungeons, but being able to do 'super heroics' would mean you could farm many, many more every day. And the really geared people don't really even need the badges other than perhaps to sell primordial saronites.

They are trying to fix this, they said taht on Cataclysm they'd do raid's trash more hard, and instance's trash more hard to avoid pulling whole rooms or whole instances. I remember pretty well the tbc pugging nightmare, mana-tombs. If you went there without sheeps, stuns, saps, fears, you would be fried. I guess cc is complerelly obsolete nowadays except to deal with mc'd ppl and pvp

Or they could just make normals difficult enough that they are worth doing so heroics can go back to being heroic instead of just being the standard difficulty. Like how it was in tbc before gear made it not matter, and at that point who cares anyway because it's old content.

The idea just seems silly. Just adding more hps to the mobs and making them hit harder isn't going to make them any more interested for fun to do. It might make them a little more challenging and take a little longer but it isn't gonna be fun.

What are you going to do about loot drops? Bosses still dropping iLevel 200 blues but requiring icc25 man gear? Automatically scale them up to iLevel 232 or 245?

In the end it also isn't something I don't think blizzard wants. The amount of frost badges that can be obtained outside of raids is intentionally limited and they have already stated they dislike the must log on and do my daily every day mechanic for them.

I actually did AN hc with me (retri paladin) tanking, 1 dk dps, 1 warrior, 1 enhanc shammy dps, and 1 resto drood everyone geared with icc25 hc and it was somthing like 4 minutes and 45seconds entire AN...

They actually had this (or at least were planning) in the BC beta. It was epic difficulty, and until the switch to 10/25 man raid difficulty there was a script command where you could set the difficulty to this (and everyone in your group would see "Dungeon difficulty set to Epic"). Epic difficulty wasn't removed so much as the BC heroic was what epic would have been, and heroic would have been something in between.

Deleted
    We are at the end of an expansion, ofcourse you can nearly solo heroics now with the gear you got now. It was the same at the end of TBC, although i agree that heroics then where a bit harder to start with.

Instead of making heroic difficulties, simply make the dungeons harder from the start.

I'm looking forward to Cath as we're finaly going to see CC in dungeons again as well as raids. Coordinating CC along with the tanking, healing and dpsing added a whole new level of difficulty to raiding. Loved it, and will surely love to get to do it again.

maybe a uber heroic mode will fit better.

1/10 troll.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

They stated at the start CC will be needed on some pulls not all. When you outgear it the content becomes obsolite and you can just zerg though it.

I'm pretty sure people geared for "super heroic" won't even be bothered for getting moar frost badges.

They are. "Lots more ultra hard bosses like Algalon" i believe was the quote. Assuming they are as solid as Algalon was the first time you fought him they won't be pushovers. I like how everyone hates the difficulty of WotLK raiding when, Ulduar hard modes were pretty solid and LK hc was basically C'thun MKII before the buff kicked in. Ok 11/12 ICC HMs are a joke but there were some insanely hard fights over the course of the expansion (Mimi HM ;P).

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Or they could just make normals difficult enough that they are worth doing so heroics can go back to being heroic instead of just being the standard difficulty. Like how it was in tbc before gear made it not matter, and at that point who cares anyway because it's old content.
    This

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem has been the balancing and nerfing of the heroic modes.

They've made normal so easy, that its no challenge. But the heroics as they originally came out (think firefighter, 3 drakes, anub, sindra, yogg +0) were too hard for a lot of the playerbase (often the people that make threads like this).

There was easy or hard. A lot of the guilds that lets say couldn't get attuned for BT, but did ok after they didn't have to kill Kael.. they had nothing to aim for. They could clear normal but not heroic.

So they just nerf heroic to shreds almost as soon as the top guilds kill it, giving nobody else any time to work on them.

Blizzard just need to stop pandering to everybody. Make normal mode so everyone can see the content, make hardmode hard, and don't nerf it until we're on the next tier of content.

A 3. difficulty mode would be interesting, especially for raids
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!