Thread: Seriously...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by novva View Post
    Whoa really? Your incredibly disformed hand can reach all the way to alt 4!
    Alt+4 is Gouge on my rogue. I do not have focus gouge though

And yes, there are too many abilities for a fresh player to manage, and at 85 there will be even more. But, this thread shows that fresh player does not need that many keybinds, and is comfortable with 3-4 buttons.

If you need more buttons, you are just not that fresh anymore.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You only need 5 binds for PvE, I'm pretty sure he's PvPing..

Affliction locks do really have too many bind's that they need, ill admit, especially for pvp.

i had the same problem playin my destro lock (usein pretty much all spells there is..)... i bought the steelseries WoW mouse :P my best buy ever =D

I tried binding spells to Q and E....it made me run funny in pvp. I died more because of that than not being able to easily cast spells. Like the slight lose of control that comes from those seems important.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I tried binding spells to Q and E....it made me run funny in pvp. I died more because of that than not being able to easily cast spells. Like the slight lose of control that comes from those seems important.
    ^
    Too many keybinds confuse me. Then again, I pvp a prot warrior. We don't have that many spells that need to be bound in the first place.

I use 1234 < qezg a1a2a3 s1s2s3s4sgs< c1c2c3 5 mouse buttons
    Anyone except for me using <? It's the key to the left of Z. Haven't encountered anyone using it yet. It's my favorite bind after 12345
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Deleted
    Some people here doesnt seem to grasp that you need to be able to react instantly
    in high end arena. I can understand that you dont get it why someone needs alot of binds.
    That also explains why you are stuck at 1500rating or even lower.

You need all kinds of binds dealing with focus targeting and teammember targeting
    as well as self targeting. For an affliction warlock there is really ALOT of binds.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Some people here doesnt seem to grasp that you need to be able to react instantly
    in high end arena. I can understand that you dont get it why someone needs alot of binds.
    That also explains why you are stuck at 1500rating or even lower.

You need all kinds of binds dealing with focus targeting and teammember targeting
    as well as self targeting. For an affliction warlock there is really ALOT of binds.
    No that's just a few people who do it that way, really. Plenty of players play top arena without having to bind every single interface/spell toggle there is available.

I use Dominoes for my action bars (kept getting bartender errors, so had to switch). I use all of 1 to = for my attack spells/abilities (- and = are drink and food). q-[ are normally my healing spells. a-' are my buffs. z-/ plus ` and shift+` are my professions and hearthstone. Then I go to shift+button for lesser used spells like my druid's forms or paladin's auras, or situational buffs like waterbreathing and water walking/path of ice. My racial ability is usually set to k or l (except my gift of the naaru is w). I move with mouse. Of course, all this is probably why I am not that great at pvp (though I am somewhat decent in battlegrounds and wg). But I focus on pve and these work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    He already said high end arena.

And no, high end arena players do not "get by" using a "few buttons". Especially affliction locks. They need everything keybound exclusively and multiple focus and party and self and pet targeting functions.
    Never played an lock in 3s and 5s. So I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu View Post
    I use 1234 < qezg a1a2a3 s1s2s3s4sgs< c1c2c3 5 mouse buttons
    Anyone except for me using <? It's the key to the left of Z. Haven't encountered anyone using it yet. It's my favorite bind after 12345
    Do you take your hand from mouse to reach them?

And, yes, you do not need to bind much keys to be successful in arena. Our resto druid from 3's in furious season had no keybinds and played on laptop. He was actually clicking the cyclone button, and we got to 2250 as rogue/dk/rdru.

This game, actually, is pretty easy, and does not require tons of skillz =)

Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Do you take your hand from mouse to reach them?

And, yes, you do not need to bind much keys to be successful in arena. Our resto druid from 3's in furious season had no keybinds and played on laptop. He was actually clicking the cyclone button, and we got to 2250 as rogue/dk/rdru.

This game, actually, is pretty easy, and does not require tons of skillz =)

mate.. the setup and the fact that he's a druid explains why he dosent need any binds.. endoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Widget View Post
    mate.. the setup and the fact that he's a druid explains why he dosent need any binds.. endoff
    Yeah, we played pretty straightforward + dks were really OP. But go watch some high end streams, mate =) You will be surprised, how slow and clicking are these guys. Mouseclick targeting arena partners etc.

No one forces you to play double undergeared rogues, or idk what setup has to be skilled Individual skill does not matter that much, really. I vanish enemy cheapshots, some rogues dont, but we can play at the same rating. Same about clicking =)

I play a shammy belive it or not they have one of the most buttons in the game if not the most because of totems, purge, wind shear,hex, attacks, heals ect ect and you have to make most of those set focus also and it's possible to have that much bindings.

I use...
    1-6
    shift 1-6
    q e r f g z x c v
    shift q e r f g z x c v w a d
    6 mouse buttons excluding wheel up and down.

Curious also what class do you play?
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-06-19 at 07:32 PM.

I had a similar problem as OP. I saw a screen shot of someone who was using ESDF instead of WASD so i tried that and it opened up a lot more keys. A day or so later I realized I had always been uncomfortable with the movement key config (I have particularly large hands) so changed movement to EADF, so much more comfortable and can hit plenty of buttons. I use Alt, Shift, and Ctrl for 123456, qwerty, asdfg, zxcv as well as f1-f8 (usually no modifiers past f1 and f2) non pvp/non twitch reflex buttons still include most of the rest of the keyboard (alt+0,-,=) for when i can move my hand from the movement keys.

Point is, customize keybinds for what is is comfortable to you.

While ESDF opens up a couple more keys for me (my hands are large but not huge), I find that I can't easily press shift or alt with my little finger, cutting out most of my modified keybindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Creed86 View Post
    Never quite understood people playing humans. Isn't the point of a fantasy game to be something else not something you are irl, then again you dont exactly encounter dragons irl either unless you count my sister.