why to use nourish now?

As you can see in the spellpreview on the frontpage nourish is now a 3sec cast, so it has the same casttime as healingtouch but a much lower healingoutput (without spellpower), so is it just that you use it to refresh lifebloom and to replace healingtouch when nourish with the +20% other talents and enough gear heals more then ht ?
    Last edited by faladu; 2010-07-03 at 08:46 AM.

Nourish gets an additional 20% from having one hot active, and then 4*6=24% more from the glyph with full hots rolling, which means it would be roughly 4340 per heal. I don't fully understand why it says:

Heals a friendly target for ( Glyph of Healing Touch : 7210.75/3605.375 ) to ( Glyph of Healing Touch : 8516.07/4258.035 ).

On healing touch, but I assume that the glyph doubles the power for something else. But taking the minor average, it would be around 4000 per healing touch spell.

As of now, healing touch scales with 2 extra healing per 1 spellpower, and nourish has a 1 to 1 ratio. This may be changed, I guess.

However, Nourish takes 7% of base mana. Healing touch is stated to devour 38% of it, and as we know, Blizzard is trying to make us run out of OOM next expansion!

So basically/TL;DR :

With full hots going (which should honestely be the only reason you would consider nourish spamming in todays game), nourish heals for the same as healing touch. The higher your spellpower gets, the stronger healing touch gets. But healing touch is a manawhore of dimensions, so Nourish is more conservative, and keeps your lifeblooms rolling at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    516.07/4258.035 ).

However, Nourish takes 7% of base mana. Healing touch is stated to devour 38% of it, and as we know, Blizzard is trying to make us run out of OOM next expansion!
    out of oom? Out of out of mana? So you mean we will have full mana? :O :O Trolled

Meeh, bite me, was on my 26th hour without sleep <_<

Here is the simple answer... because it's good.

Nourish gets an additional 20% from having one hot active, and then 4*6=24% more from the glyph with full hots rolling, which means it would be roughly 4340 per heal.
    It should be more like this: 3203.33 * 1.2 * 1.24 = 4766.555 to 3722.79 * 1.2 * 1.24 = 5539.512

I don't fully understand why it says:

Heals a friendly target for ( Glyph of Healing Touch : 7210.75/3605.375 ) to ( Glyph of Healing Touch : 8516.07/4258.035 ).

On healing touch, but I assume that the glyph doubles the power for something else. But taking the minor average, it would be around 4000 per healing touch spell.
    The glyph reduces cast time by 1.5s, reduces the healing done by 50% and reduces the mana cost by 25%. So the unglyphed version will heal for 7210.75 to 8516.07 while the glyphed one will heal for 3605.375 to 4258.035.

As of now, healing touch scales with 2 extra healing per 1 spellpower, and nourish has a 1 to 1 ratio. This may be changed, I guess.
    The scaling changes automatically as it depends on the base cast time of the spell.

So basically/TL;DR :

With full hots going (which should honestely be the only reason you would consider nourish spamming in todays game), nourish heals for the same as healing touch. The higher your spellpower gets, the stronger healing touch gets. But healing touch is a manawhore of dimensions, so Nourish is more conservative, and keeps your lifeblooms rolling at the same time.
    As long as you don't need the additional healing of healing touch you'll probably use nourish because of it's mana cost.