Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    im using SCT since day 1. its very good if set correctly.

So you assume from one person's UI that all scrolling combat text looks like that?
    You're more retarded than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    I'm sure you're just a simpleton. I have plenty of time to register what is going on, able to react to it, if necessary, and keep a good mental tab of my dps.

Maybe you just weren't meant for anything but manual labor, dude.

Edit: After watching the video you linked with your idiot-post, I'm kinda laughing that you think that is fast. Do snails confuse your brain on how they blister by at incomprehensible speed?
    How you did managed to insult me 4 times in your post (and why), i do not know exactly, i guess it was your troll time of the day ? But thanks for your imput man, hopefully the little /!\ bottom right of post boxes is fully functionnal by now.

OT : sure, this one on the vid is probably 10 times more clusterfucked than the average.

For me, as a shadowpriest I don't usually have any healing enabled on my SCT (Scrolling Combat Text) but I use the normal damage text. I like the way damage is displayed and I don't like having the damage scrolling anywhere besides over the target that I'm damaging.

I have my incoming damage in the middle floating to the sides with an icon showing what the spell is and if it's physical or magical damage.

When I heal, I do enable healing in SCT but that's only to make sure certain spells are actually hitting people. For instance, if you can the groupwide prayer of healing, it's nice to see how many people it hits and if it's worth it. Assume you're spread out and you're casting PoH, you notice it only hits one person, so it'd probably be better to just use flash heal. Also, different scrolling text addons show you overheal which can be more useful than just a cluster of green numbers above everyone. Let's assume you put hots on all the melee and then cast a group heal. Blizzard default doesn't show you which ones are hots and which ones are direct heals. I'm pretty sure you can even filter out hots since you should already know who has your hots by looking at the raid frame you use.

Blizzard gives you default raid frames as well, but you don't see many healers using them to heal, do you? ...tools for the job.

Off topic: French Lich King is an absolute hilarity. The music really didn't help.

Bah. Wall of Text

Scrolling speed set too low.
    Text shadowing too dark.
    Not enough crap filtered out.
    Not positioned with situational awareness in mind.
    And French of top it all off.
    A well configured MSBT/SCT will not invade your screen like that crap is. Some of us know you can only derive so much information from it anyway