Easier to hit 1800? Elemental or Resto Shammy?

like it says, which is an easier route to 1800?

elemental, or resto?

Can't score a good weapon so your going to go and try to get wellfare from PvP, eh ?

Well for one, that question is entirely impossible to answer, because you don't mention anything about comp.

Then there is the thing about skill playing in with the comp as well.

So let me just answer this way - if you are getting a weapon for PvE - Stick to PvE.

If you are going to become a serious PvP'er, this is not the question you should be asking yourself. You should be asking "which spec would I enjoy more in PvP, and which comps have a great synergy with that spec ? Would I enjoy playing this comp ? Do I have good friends I would enjoy playing that comp with ?

Things of that nature. Just trying to be honest here. Not a hater.

Step 1: Find warlock & spec Ele
    step 2: Find druid/pally healer
    step 3: Queue for 3v3 arena
    step 4: ???
    step 5: Profit!

both can be good, if you go resto here a list what is good for you

2s resto/rogue
    resto/feral
    resto/prot pally
    resto/UA lock

3s resto/lock(UA OR DEST)/rogue(RLS)
    resto/lock(dest)/mage
    resto/shadow priest/rogue
    resto/hunter/ret or prot pal
    resto/disc priest/prot pally

if you go elemental here a list

2s ele/mage
    ele/rogue
    ele/shadow priest
    ele/warrior(seen some)
    ele/disc priest

3s ele/rogue/disc priest
    ele/boom/disc priest
    ele/warrior/holy pally
    ele/lock(dest)/holy pally
    ele/mage/disc priest

I hope have help you out to get 1800 with one of these famous comp, when well played all can be high, it can be possible i have forget some comp, these comp are what i see the more often on my server 2.3k resto shammy here, feel free to add

elemental isn't a great 2s spec.

However it is the easiest most overpowered and most retarded 3v3 spec at the moment. It's like s5 dk
    Last edited by K4ge; 2010-06-22 at 08:45 PM.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by rugglee View Post
    both can be good, if you go resto here a list what is good for you

2s resto/rogue
    resto/feral
    resto/prot pally
    resto/UA lock

3s resto/lock(UA OR DEST)/rogue(RLS)
    resto/lock(dest)/mage
    resto/shadow priest/rogue
    resto/hunter/ret or prot pal
    resto/disc priest/prot pally

if you go elemental here a list

2s ele/mage
    ele/rogue
    ele/shadow priest
    ele/warrior(seen some)
    ele/disc priest

3s ele/rogue/disc priest
    ele/boom/disc priest
    ele/warrior/holy pally
    ele/lock(dest)/holy pally
    ele/mage/disc priest

I hope have help you out to get 1800 with one of these famous comp, when well played all can be high, it can be possible i have forget some comp, these comp are what i see the more often on my server 2.3k resto shammy here, feel free to add
    this helps a ton man. thanks alot. and for the guy up there...

I am pretty bored with PVE and i was wanting to become a serious PVPer. But being new to arena/pvp, i was asking whch spec would be easier to get into since im just starting. since im resto in pve, i figured i would try resto in pvp.

I have already gotten a good set of gear, around 1300 resil. all relentless. in BGs i can endlessly kite mellee, its great fun. i absolutely love the shaman class. I was looking for the class comps and all. thanks guys

If you do stay resto: rest assured that I love you for not jumping on the ele bandwagon

when i would play ele in bgs, seems like i get focused nonstop... i hate it. but in arena with a lock/druid im sure they could peel off of me quite well and i could pew pew. i may just grind out 2 sets of gear and try both. i hate having to switch my ICC ring for 200g every time though

elemental shaman can be focused hard true

p.s i switch my exalted ring each week about 3-4times people say im crazy

i dont think i would like long arena matches. which is why playing something like Ele/Desto lock or Ele/Frost mage seems like it would be a blast. mage/lock can keep one toon CC while we hero and burst down the other. is that how it works?

usually all wizard cleave(2 caster with 1 healer) try to burst a target who is in open, but can be hard sometime, then you need your warlock and mage to make a possible kill with aoe fear, shadow fury, frost nova, all these thing during cc, if you got some rng, with the lust you can almost globaled someone same geared(globaled = fast 2-3 sec)

p.s mage and warlock need to peel you off when needed, if they suck to do it you will lose lot of games, becuz shaman resto are squishys....

Easiest? Elemental shaman in 3's, preferably Ele/Lock + Holydin or even better, Rdrood.

go reso and run rouge lock shaman and all you need to do is hit hex and collect points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    If you do stay resto: rest assured that I love you for not jumping on the ele bandwagon
    Ele bandwagon.....? Ele is in the worst state it has been all of wotlk atm. 3.3 resilience change hit us _hard_ because we're a class that relies on creating momentum and then put out some serious damage, we dont do sustained dps.
    OT: Go resto for easy 1800 with a hunter/lock/warrior/deathknight in 2v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    Easiest? Elemental shaman in 3's, preferably Ele/Lock + Holydin or even better, Rdrood.
    Lol resto druid being better than a holy pally for spell cleave. Good one.
    Resto druids are terrible spell cleave. Holy paladins bring much more survivability to the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Ele bandwagon.....? Ele is in the worst state it has been all of wotlk atm. 3.3 resilience change hit us _hard_ because we're a class that relies on creating momentum and then put out some serious damage, we dont do sustained dps.
    Is that why Lava burst can still crit for 7-8k on people with high amounts of resil? Yeah, ele is so bad right now.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Resto + UA Lock is your best bet for 2s.
    Ele + Frostmage/Rogue is doable aswell, but your partner has to be good.

For 3s:
    Resto + Mage + Lock
    Resto + Mage + Spriest
    are both decent

And for TOTAL FACEROLL:
    Ele + Mage + Disc
    Ele + Lock + Healer
    Ele + Spriest + Healer

Also seen Ele + Boomkin + Hpally, but IDK how good that actually is.

Just go Spellcleave if you just want easy T2 PvP weapon, thats what I did.

Got to 1900 as Enha in 2vs2, couldnt find a Beastcleave for 3s so specced Ele and got some Furious gear for it + Wrath offsets.

We got to 2300+ in the first week as Ele+Mage+Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    Lol resto druid being better than a holy pally for spell cleave. Good one.
    Resto druids are terrible spell cleave. Holy paladins bring much more survivability to the comp.

Is that why Lava burst can still crit for 7-8k on people with high amounts of resil? Yeah, ele is so bad right now.
    Stop posting if you're clueless. UA Lock/Elem/Rdrood is one of the downright most OP comps atm. 3 CC's all on a different DR omnomnom

From this thread; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...v3-Setup/page2

Undispellable flame shock.
    Dots with bloodlust
    Grounding, shock and spell lock
    Fear, Hex, Cyclone
    Thunderstorm
    All 3 of them un-oomable
    Great offheals by the ele
    Last edited by Martsus; 2010-06-23 at 07:48 AM.

Ele is win. Go resto in 2s though or it'll make you cry ;0 I've always played resto with crit gear and it works just fine so you don't have to bother farming 2 sets.

Why do people think that being a "serious" pvper requires you to input constant hours of game play. If you want to be MLG pros you're looking at raid night time x2 every night a week in practice. And for everyone else you don't need to spend more then 1hour a week getting you 10games done. If you really just love pvp, And i do but BG's way more then arena then i agree you can full time pvp but there definitely is a cut off point. Once you have you're wrathful you're just waiting on points per week once thats over there's nothing left so unless you content to just have 'fun' from the pvp experience don't go into full time cause it only ever ends up becoming dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    OMG HAHAHAHA

ele right now is like s5 dks