Amnezia

need opinions about my gear and spec (frost mage)

im playing pvp as frost obviously and the spec is more for bgs (and dual dps in 2vs2) cuz im not specd into replenishment

anyway id like to have some opinions about my gearchoice and gems etc

here is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...%A1&rhtml=true

also is 850 res fine? (i feel comfortable with it) but ive seen mages with 1000+ resil and less haste.

and should i go for 2part t10 and drop the 4set pvp bonus?

p.s. inbe4 lol rating and/or lol comp both are just for fun

Well amnezia I have a mage and doa ton of pvp/pve on it, if u want to do dual dps go ele shaman/arcane mage, its a hell of burst team, use a haste trinket, pop all cd's at start BL 4x arcane blast and arcane missles + counter spell srry dood ur dead, im at 1900 with that comp hella fun too. Its fun watching druids go down like a TREE (see wat i did there :P)

Amnezia
    Quote Originally Posted by sctrojans1112 View Post
    Well amnezia I have a mage and doa ton of pvp/pve on it, if u want to do dual dps go ele shaman/arcane mage, its a hell of burst team, use a haste trinket, pop all cd's at start BL 4x arcane blast and arcane missles + counter spell srry dood ur dead, im at 1900 with that comp hella fun too. Its fun watching druids go down like a TREE (see wat i did there :P)
    i never got into arcane pvp sadly but arcane looks a bit squishy to me

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say don't go with the 2pc bonus, it's not that good and in pvp your mobility isn't always the best possible. E.g you getting brain freeze when you need to constantly keep moving so you will have no use of the haste.
    Stay with the resil your wearing it really doesnt hurt.
    I'm currently sitting at almost 1k resil with abit less than haste than you have and about 400more sp.
    Imo go more with pure haste gems then you do with sp ones when you drop your staff your haste will otherwise drop loads. the SP/pene gems are fine (I've CBA'd to regem so I'm wearing 25pene gems).
    Your spec seems abit weird tho, if your playing with a healer in 2's you really should spec replenishment even tho you said you don't.
    You shouldn't need to spec hit or range as frost you'll still have a slowed target almost all the time so you don't need the range.
    6% dmg vs 10% manacost, I'd go with the manacost. Mage specs are alot about preference tho so can't really say what is the best spec, go with what suits you.
    You can check my armorylink in my sig.

-Trizxy

Amnezia
    i was playing with a resto shammy before ye but he had to stop for a while so i changed my spec. going to play mage/ele shammy or mage/lock in 2s now i guess and i use the spec i got atm for bgs mostly. gonna take a lok on your spec now

checked your spec now but why do you have 2/3 totw only?

and you mean i should change my 3/3 piercing ice to 3/3 precision instead?
    Last edited by Amnezia; 2010-06-23 at 09:32 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the 2/3 totw is just for arenas, theres a big chanse there is a dispeller on the other team spamdispelling so I'll lose my slows anyway and when thinking again no, don't do that since your at 7% hit wich is the staff again so thats abit pointless. When you get new weapons then change the talents.
    Tho I would go and change arctic reach into frost channeling.

Here's a chardev I made of your char with new gems and a modified spec.

http://chardev.org/?profile=425106

I agree with Trixzy that 2pcT10 isn't worth it, but that's about as far as it goes. Your resilience is fine, though personally don't like to wear sub 900 resilience as there are a fair bit of hunters on my bg. Haste is definitely the way to go in terms of geming and stat stacking. Your spec is fine, aside from not having replenishment. Basically its up to you where you want to drop a point in frost to pick up replenishment, but you should be dropping a point from either Ice Floes, Piercing Ice, or Chilled to the Bone. In your arcane tree you can swap 3 points from Arcane Concentration into Arcane Fortitude, though that is usually for 3v3s.

I don't quite understand Trixzy's logic here... His first post says that "you don't need range as frost because you'll have a slowed target almost all the time", but then says that he doesn't max Torment The Weak because "there's a big chance there is a dispeller on the other team spam-dispelling so he'll lose his slows anyway". He has 5.7% hit just from gear, and then spends 3 points in precision which is essentially completely wasted were it not for the measly 3% mana efficiency he trades for a potential 6% increase to all frost damage. Mana as a frostmage shouldn't be too much of an issue, especially since its relatively easy to reset and drink. Trading that much damage for slight mana efficiency does not seem like a worth while trade off.

Amnezia
    thx for the input but its rly worth it to drop the sp spell pen gems and get haste and spell pen?

Go with 20 resi on chest ;0 And sp/resi on head too. Also your meta gem is the sux. Get the 3% increased critical dmg. Also i'd say 139spell pene is far too much =0

Amnezia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Go with 20 resi on chest ;0 And sp/resi on head too. Also your meta gem is the sux. Get the 3% increased critical dmg. Also i'd say 139spell pene is far too much =0
    will do that about the enchants, but i got told you need 130spell pen vs druid teams

Quote Originally Posted by Amnezia View Post
    thx for the input but its rly worth it to drop the sp spell pen gems and get haste and spell pen?
    If regemming is an issue then I wouldn't say its a necessity, however haste is the better stat to gem for once you get a full, proper, set of pvp gear. The thing about haste is that it essentially raises your skillcap as a mage, because it gives you more globabls. Haste will give you more control over your opponents, and an arena match in general.

As the guy above me said, you have too much spellpen either way, so you can afford to change at least a couple gems. You should aim for around 120 spellpen as a mage, preferable 120-130. Also, I updated the char dev link for a couple enchants that i skipped over.

Amnezia
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliethlol View Post
    If regemming is an issue then I wouldn't say its a necessity, however haste is the better stat to gem for once you get a full, proper, set of pvp gear. The thing about haste is that it essentially raises your skillcap as a mage, because it gives you more globabls. Haste will give you more control over your opponents, and an arena match in general.

As the guy above me said, you have too much spellpen either way, so you can afford to change at least a couple gems. You should aim for around 120 spellpen as a mage, preferable 120-130. Also, I updated the char dev link for a couple enchants that i skipped over.
    thx for the chardev again its in my favorites now