Hit rating question

is it worth it to go for 290 hit rating so that you are spell hit capped too? or is that over kill?

I'm frost dw but also looking for answer about blood and unholy specs... is it worth it?

For Frost it's mostly personal preference, but I go for the 290. A missed pestilence is enough to ruin my day and make me cry in the corner over a tub of chocolate ice cream. For Unholy and Blood, not so much.

its what I thought, I'm clearly close and I'm guessing I shouldn't worry about it too much. .8% miss in a raid shouldn't kill me too much often. if I get unlucky I guess I'll fix it... just need to figure out crit or haste in yellow now lol

sigh, blood spec was much less complicated :P

The obvious correct answer is to sim it, but I'll save you the time and suggest that for Frost gem crit/str for your yellows. If you're Unholy and using the 0/17/54 spec, gem haste/str

Frost w/ GoD will want a high(er) hit rating for pest.
    Frost w/ GoIT will want to stay at 5%.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    The obvious correct answer is to sim it, but I'll save you the time and suggest that for Frost gem crit/str for your yellows.
    I thought as frost you gemmed haste/strength, I've read that on EJ and other forums, just that the frost DK section of EJ isn't updated.

As always, you'll want to sim it for your own toon and get your EP numbers but yes, haste is typically more valuable then crit so yellow gems should be str/haste.