Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Your Guild Leader

Im sure most of you have been in a few guilds. Im sure most of you have also had odd guild leaders... So let's hear it.

From the Guild Leader that you were pretty sure was George Bush to the Leader with a constant caffine high.
    ------

My last guild leader had an IQ of around 5. His idea of a guild run was slipping our members into another guilds run so he didnt have to explain things because he was to busy getting a new "dip" every 3 minutes.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Join a bad guild, raid with baddies, the fail that follows is inevitable

Ok I'll bite...My guild leader is completely obsessed with the competing guilds on our server. He makes sure the officers keep tabs and ties to officers in other guilds to make sure they don't down bosses before us. And to make sure that we are the first to know about any trouble other guilds are having. His obsession makes the game a hell of a lot more interesting that's for sure lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gay Asian photographer.

Oh I'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeToast View Post
    Ok I'll bite...My guild leader is completely obsessed with the competing guilds on our server. He makes sure the officers keep tabs and ties to officers in other guilds to make sure they don't down bosses before us. And to make sure that we are the first to know about any trouble other guilds are having. His obsession makes the game a hell of a lot more interesting that's for sure lol.
    I wish I had a leader like that

Some guy new to the server made a few really nice pugs so he made a guild. I was made MT and replaced by a warrior on the first raid night. Tank weapon I needed dropped but the warrior got it because warriors are MTs, paladins are OTs....second night of raiding he disbands the guild and bans us all from vent during our ten man uld run and we wipe on Flame Lev trash as a result. He transferred servers again shortly after.

Once during Vanilla I joined a raiding guild, the very moment I actually got the invite the entire guild in caps lock spammed "who the fuck is this" and various versions of that. I was kicked after a few seconds by the GM.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

What guild leader?

Our guild leader changes every couple months. 11 months ago, it was a guy named Lumis, he quit wow for personal reasons just as we were getting into Ulduar. Then he passed the guild to his friend Metankuspank. He and I did NOT get along. He asked me to raid lead for him because he didn't want to do it, and then second guessed everything I did. Then he left the game because he couldn't afford it (and his wife hated it), so he passed it to his friend named Cowboom. Cowboom was awesome. We got to 10/12 as a guild, and then suddenly, he just bails, and now we our guild leader is a guy named Jrlimit. He's alright, but as far as leaders go, he's no Cowboom. Cowboom and Jrlimit were our main healers, and we can't seem to get Putricide down without them.. none of our other healers can cut the mustard. Since we can't do Putricide, Jr isn't confident that we can do Blood Princes, and I'm certainly not confident we could do Dreamwalker.

We lost about 7 of our main raiders in the span of a week. It's been a pretty shitty week as far as raiding goes.

Most of my GMs have actually been fairly tame. I've had at least one raid leader I've wanted to strangle but I tend to view guilds as really made or broken by their GMs so I usually try to seek out those with decent leadership.

At present I'm my own GM in a little 10man guild. I like to explain things to people. So when the opportunity arises to explain something to somebody I'm all over it. My guildies have mentioned that at this point they figure they can use recordings of my voice to put them to sleep at night. They still have flash backs to when we'd bring in a new player to a fight like H.Mimiron and I'd explain how we approached it in detail; they would awake hours later, dazed, wondering where they were. In my defense though I don't explain things twice to people unless asked (that would probably break the Geneva Convention). I don't think people are stupid, I'm just really thorough when I do explain things.

I also have an incredibly bad habit of thinking out loud. So last night on the alt run when LK is reaching 40% and we have a Defile smack dab on our usual gather point I start my train-of-thought monologue, "May as well drag the LK over to where the Val'kyr is falling, oh the Defile is disappearing, I guess we could also gather over there, although we're already at the Val'kyr..." Now this sort of option-weighing is great and all if you only give people the final result. But in the midst of a phase transition people tend to pick up on phrases, not stream of consciousness monologues. So of course the raid split in two very neatly due to my "expert" leadership.

Baddest experience was being in a guild for 6 months and after the Old GM quit wow the new one where a Serbian so there where like 6 Hard Core Raiders from Albania and we all got kicked thats what i call a imba Guild Master

Deleted
    Vanilla/BC: Pissed off female.
    WotLK:Slightly less pissed off female and then very pissed off female.

Why do I keep getting insane female guild leaders?

my Guild leader form BC laughed exactly like the Night elf male, i shit you not!
    every time something funny came up it was "ahaahehehe.." (obviously you cant translate the actual laugh whilst typing) it was justperfect i pointed it out to everyone all of a sudden a shit storm of "OMG" "your so right!" happened.
    he even stated that he plays to much WoW and somehow encouraged himself to learn that laugh.

My guild leader, while a nice person, likes to call raids early on progression nights, refuses to even try Putricide on 25 man, even tho we have quite a few people on that part of the shadowmourne quest, and her 10 man has yet to even kill normal sindragosa 10. On top of that, though the entire guild contributes to the guild bank, we can't touch the flasks or buff food, and no repair gold. Needless to say, I'm guild shopping.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1st Guild: Leader was great, but after a year with him I realized I wanted a bit more hardcore raiding.

2nd Guild: The Guild was amazing, leader wasn't. He got REALLY pissed while we were still learning the putricide fight. One day he snapped, kicked me, and a couple people, then disbanded the guild.

3rd Guild: Decent guild. Not stroking epeen or anything but they asked if I wanted to join because of my performance in a togc they did (9/10 them, then me) not exactly downing LK each week, but great guys to hang around with.
    Everyone's insane but me...

My gleader says were casual raiders, but my calendar usually has every day of the week scheduled for ICC.

An angry asian who strikes fear into the hearts of recruits and pugs!

10+ Year Old Account
    My current GM is a good raid leader, but he's a little too nice. He doesn't crack the whip on people when they mess up repeatedly on the same stupid shit (like constantly getting ice-tombed). it's slowing progression, and it's starting to get frustrating.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild were having trouble with 25man Blood Queen. people not biting right and getin MC-d and all that and my glead is carrin on ranting and raving. We then where put under strict orders to pull our net cable if we got MC'd

Then on the 2nd last try HE gets MC'd and pulls his net cable.... on the last try I receive the bite for the 1st time in 8 runs.

We down it on that try. and the Vanq mark was passed to his brother the boomkin rather that than anyone that could've used it (like maybe our Druid tank who we need to get geared so we can attempt LK with him OT-ing (or me who was 2nd on the DPS meter with 14k :| )

My current guild leader is a guy pretending to be a girl. We don't do raids as a guild, so we're never on Vent or anything like that, but everyone knows about it anyway. He still tries though! It's hilarious.

First GL while raiding, total bitch, did nothing for the guild and was a shit player.
    GL briefly at the start of Ulduar, nice guy, didn't want hassle tho and was strict about trade chat.
    GL through most of Ulduar, ToC, and then start of ICC normal, nice guy but a bit of a sop, wanted to keep everyone happy at all times and made a few bad decisions because of it.
    GL briefly through latter half of ICC normal and most of ICC hc, real driver, took no shit and ran things like a boss, shame the players he has to lead are mostly shit.
    Current GL, seems alright and keeps people in line mostly, doesn't mind when we run rampant in trade because most of the time we get the job done when raiding.