Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Future Expansions?

What do you think the next 2-3 expansions of Warcraft will be based on?
    After Cataclysm of course.

My thoughts.

-Cataclysm
    Will remove the remaining Aspects leaving the WoW in mortal hands.

-Maelstrom
    The old god that corrupted deathwing is rumored to be here so it would make sense to be next.

-Sargeras
    Since Sargeras' body is bound in the sea im guessing the Maelstrom God will have a hand in returning him to his physical form. This should end with Sargeras' and most of the other titans dead.

-Super Old God #4 or Voltron Style Combined Old Gods Expansion of Death.
    With everything else out of the way the door is open for the original rulers of Azeroth to return.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

all i know is last boss of the game is sargares and i hope we dont kill him it would be epic if u got him to 1% then he did some super move killed all of us and it said game over

I don't think wow has 2-3 more expansions in it. Blizzard are already working on another "next gen" mmo which will probably take over one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Unchainedboar View Post
    all i know is last boss of the game is sargares and i hope we dont kill him it would be epic if u got him to 1% then he did some super move killed all of us and it said game over
    They won't kill him off i don't think. Though they did kill Arathas off , in a limited way. Its likely players will battle hes avatar , much like sunwell with kil'jaeden.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gnome in felwood finaly summons his chicken, and we have World of Warcraft -Kentucky Fried Stormwind.

According to the logs from Halls of Stone, the Old Gods were not killed in order to sustain the world. The Old Gods corrupted it enough to make the world reliant on them. However, we seem to be killing them off. C'thun is (allegedly) dead. Yogg-Saron is dead. More than likely we may see an Old God in Cata as well. If we keep killing them off, the world may become unstable and the Maelstrom may threaten to tear it apart. Also, it would make sense for a Maelstrom expac since msot believe there is an Old God trapped within the Maelstrom, no?

My vote is a Maelstrom expac, OR atleast SOMETHING involving the Old Gods.

...unless of course they make the next expac a 15 level one in which we fight out way to Sargeras...
    Last edited by Lynoxx; 2010-06-27 at 07:04 AM.

Arise chicken, arise!

Edit: The old gods are not dead. We are merely destroying physical manifestations of them. Think of it as a cerebrate reincarnating. My Theory is that the entire planet is an old god. Azeroth = Azathoth
    Last edited by Negrido; 2010-06-27 at 06:32 AM.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I think the potential for future expansion for WoW is actually quite large. Blizzard can always make graphic adjustments to the game, making the look of the game evolve over time. I really want them to redesign most the basic race models, but I'm sure it will come with time.

Blizzard will run into problems of course, like how can we create more abilities to put into an already full ability set? Also, can they keep alternating with the:New Hero class/2 new race dynamic for expansions? idk, but they do still have a lot of potential options for hero class designs that will still feel unique.

The one expansion the OP didn't hit on was the Emerald dream expansion, which will be soooo awesome in so many ways. If they add in any more races, I'd really like to see a feline race join the horde! =D like maybe some catfolk that live in the emerald dream.

We never actually killed Kil'jaeden.

I sense a setback...
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    We never actually killed Kil'jaeden.

I sense a setback...
    This, along with what I originally posted.

The Emerald Dream.

You say you think all the Aspects will be removed somehow in Cataclysm but I disagree. I think we will need to restore the emerald dream somehow, and end up "rescuing" Ysera from the nightmare it has become. (along with a bunch of sleeper druids).

It is also suspect to try to rid us of the Bronze Aspect Nozdormu. There is potential for an entire xpac dealing with the infinite dragonflight (rumored to be led by Nozdormu himself in an attempt to forestall his own demise - but since he has know how/when he will die since he was created you'd think he'd have learned to accept it.)

I think Cata will feature the black flight (of course) and all the experimentation that went on. I think we will see the old god(s) feature prominently. Remember they whispered to Deathwing and drove him insane and had him create the demon soul. (and who knows if they influenced his experimentation to make the chromatic and nether flights...) I also think we will see a lot of the red flight, so potentially Alexstraza (sp?) could die in this xpac. And we really should be killing Neltharion/Deathwing.

And we may see if a new Aspect is promoted in the Blue flight. Kalecgos may end up as a new aspect if someone has to be Custodian of Magic. (im not sure I trust us mortals...especially with that Giant Chicken of Doom looming)

Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    The Emerald Dream.

You say you think all the Aspects will be removed somehow in Cataclysm but I disagree. I think we will need to restore the emerald dream somehow, and end up "rescuing" Ysera from the nightmare it has become. (along with a bunch of sleeper druids).
    Ysera and Malfurion already defeated the demon causing the Nightmare (whose name I cannot recall) in the Stormrage book and are going to be in Cataclysm, I think at Hyjal.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynoxx View Post
    According to the logs from Halls of Stone, the Old Gods were not killed in order to sustain the world. The Old Gods corrupted it enough to make the world reliant on them. However, we seem to be killing them off. C'thun is (illegibly) dead. Yogg-Saron is dead. More than likely we may see an Old God in Cata as well. If we keep killing them off, the world may become unstable and the Maelstrom may threaten to tear it apart. Also, it would make sense for a Maelstrom expac since msot believe there is an Old God trapped within the Maelstrom, no?

My vote is a Maelstrom expac, OR atleast SOMETHING involving the Old Gods.

...unless of course they make the next expac a 15 level one in which we fight out way to Sargeras...

You do know illegible means we can't read it, right? You did a good job of that.

Old Gods, Azhara, Kil'Jaedin, unexplored parts of broken Draenor, unexplored worlds, Old Gods returning, worlds conquered by the Legion, return of the Lich King (face it, its bound to happen), Sargeras, island nations of Azeroth, Emerald Dream, Old Gods returning again, Titans coming to bitchslap Azeroth because we screwed it up so much, Old Gods returning again, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    You do know illegible means we can't read it, right? You did a good job of that.
    I believe he meant "allegedly", and they aren't dead, we just destroyed their physical forms. If they are destroyed, so is Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Ysera and Malfurion already defeated the demon causing the Nightmare (whose name I cannot recall) in the Stormrage book and are going to be in Cataclysm, I think at Hyjal.
    Xavius empowered by the old god that created the nightmare in the first place. iirc he was wounded and nearly killed by Malfurion. From how it was described to me, I expect a raid/small content patch to be the most we get out of the Emerald nightmare.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Say it isn't so!

If you check out the "Expansion ideas" article on WoWWiki, there really is plenty of material left for them to explore. The real challenge from a design standpoint is (a) easing us into it so we're familiar with the material (they've stated somewhere that they're trying to do this more, hence adding a Pandaren) and (b) finding bosses who are more powerful than previous ones but not, as stated above, Masters of the Universe like Sargeras.

wotnlkbs

wrath of the new lich king bolvar strikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa View Post
    Instead of trying to troll a decent post, just tell me I misspelt allegedly. I'm tired and didn't really see much wrong with the post at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Arise chicken, arise!

Edit: The old gods are not dead. We are merely destroying physical manifestations of them. Think of it as a cerebrate reincarnating. My Theory is that the entire planet is an old god. Azeroth = Azathoth
    That's actually not bad. I was looking up the inspiration for the Old Gods (Cthulu and whatnot), and I came across that name. I'm not too sure how they'd play into an expansion where the world is actually an Old God... now how about an Old God at the molten center of the world?
    Last edited by Lynoxx; 2010-06-27 at 07:09 AM.

After cata a maelstrom and emerald dream shared xpac bosses being azshara and an old god. After that a cot and nozdormu based xpac, I'd also like to see s totally new landform to the south which is ruled by the dragonflights. Finaly a xpac where we assualt sargeras under the instruction and leadership of the titans with the final of wow being the death of sageras and a trailer for warcraft 4 BAM
    Retired gamer, old god fanatic