Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Moving to Alliance (Prot Warrior), what race to pick?

Soooo, I -might- trans to Alliance soon, since a RL buddy of mine plays there, now I want to know, what race should I pick, or rather, which one is the best for a Prot Warrior.

I guess Dwarf since 10% more armor is really nice, but maybe I'm wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei. Fuck ya a tail.
    Seriously races are getting an overhaul just choose what you want.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Well its between dwarf and Nelf mostly. But dwarfs got more health then Nelfs and Nelfs got 2% miss chance. So its a tougth one :P But imo I say Dwarf cuz the 10% armor is a very nice CD for the places where you might need it

Edit. But in the long end you choose what you feel for

Deleted
    Dwarf

anything other than female gnome with pink hair is considered good

Human... because its still fun to PvP and every man for himself is op Plus people will be able to see you when you're tanking

I'd pick Draenei or Dwarf. The armor buff that Dwarves have is nice, but so is the HoT and the 1% hit chance group-buff with the Draenei.

Sure, Night Elves have 2% more chance to be missed, but... Well, I just don't like the race, but the choice is yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowmeld, HOW can you say no? Especially since you can't vanish and avoid multiple incoming gankers.
    Other racials, bonus! Corpse running quicker etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    go tauren extra hp ftw :P.

nah, If you prefer the animations of a certain race more just pick that one. You could try making a couple lvl 1 warriors from each of the allience races, check how they feel. If you don't care for looks etc, Dwarfs current racials are kinda crappy. But they will be improved in cata. We don't know what it will be yet so hard to say. Some of the other racials might change aswell in cata tho. Humans could be nice for the swords expertise, and in pvp ofc, extra rep isnt too bad aswell. The heal from dreanai is quite good aswell i think. It could realy safe your life some times. Shadowmelt from nightelves can be handy while leveling. But i don't think it has as much use at lvl 80. And gnomes, well, please, don't roll a gnome.

My highest lvl ally is around lvl 62 so i don't know wich one is the best. But for now i would vote for dreanai.

Be a bloodelf warrior

Nelf tanks are fun. Shadowmeld while tanking \o/

All ally races are kinda viable, except for gnome. But the overal best tanking race is dwarf=> More health/armor.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf

Cuz they are bad-ass
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I heard green haired gnome was awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolga
    Who cares EPICS ARE SOULBOUND and irl shit comes and goes!!!!!!

If you PvP don’t hesitate and go Human, else I’d say Dwarf.

well, its either 2% melee and ranged avoidence/ 2% naturspells avoidence

VS

5 expertice with maces/ cooldown that increases your armor by 10% and removes all poison, disease and bleed effects on you, 8sec, 2min cooldown / 2% frost spell avoidence.

i think that dwarf is the best since you get a cooldown that removes bleed effects and increases your armor by 10%. And extra expertise also helps

Human imo

When I played my 2 weeks of Alliance, I played a Night Elf for the 1% dodge and Shadowmeld (Win Feign Death) pissed Huntards off.

After those 2 weeks of Alliance, I switched to Horde. Now I just walk in; looking better than all the Alliance and be much better, without even relying on racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    When I played my 2 weeks of Alliance, I played a Night Elf for the 1% dodge and Shadowmeld (Win Feign Death) pissed Huntards off.

After those 2 weeks of Alliance, I switched to Horde. Now I just walk in; looking better than all the Alliance and be much better, without even relying on racials.
    you'z be challenged right?
    Quit fapping to the horde, you seem overly obsessed with them >.>

When I played I played both sides, didn't have an over needed love for one like (like u lolz)