Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Accepting people under 18

I'm pretty sure that there is a thread about this topic, but might as well make a new one.

I am aware that many guilds have a 18+ policy which is understandable, because nobody likes an immature player while raiding. If a player who is under 18, but has exceptional gear, skill, and is not annoying would you accept that player into your guild? Let's say there is a player 16 years old who applies to your guild (class is irrelevant) and based on the application looked like a great addition to your guild, would you accept them? Would you deny their application based solely on their age? The guild that I'm in right now took that chance and I'm a main raider now. However there are some guilds who wouldn't even bother looking at an applicant if their age wasn't 18+. Not all players under 18 are immature brats, would you be willing to take the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinesthetic View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there is a thread about this topic, but might as well make a new one.
    I feel like that is the exact opposite of what you should do... 12 page thread on it already..

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...83#post8185783

Deleted
    I mean, I'm under 18 too so it's okay if we do it, right?

Timmy it's dinner! Sorry guys afk for 20 min...

Tbh, Such cases depends all on the application.

A lot of times u can already tell by how much time was spend on the apply, how its written and how the format is.

It's not all about the age. but i would always pefer player above 17+ atleast.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    This is the point! Nothing worse then getting started and the kids go AFK or even worse it happens during boss encounters..

Shadosta - 85 / Rain (Alt) - 85/ Cøach (Retired) - 85 /Justicar (Alt) - 64

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should,i've been in a guild that has no other kids but me for a long time,im mature and know my class well and stuff. Btw,im 12
    Here's my character,im 12 years old. All kids that play wow aren't bad
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Cocoabutterz

15+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, there are a great deal of under 18 people playing WoW; after all, it is rated "T", for whatever that is worth. I have seen competent teens ingame before, and some did not act immaturely, but, now, as a guild founder, I do not like taking people in that young; they have less control over their playtime, and it puts some pressure (it should, anyway) on older players to act maturely, or to curb more adult conversation, which will probably make them uncomfortable. I would be interested in seeing if there are any successful; guilds out there that have only young people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Aaaaaaand thats why I do all my raiding at 10+ because that was the bane of my raiding experience... let alone the fact that being 17 means that I am still my parents personal servent boy and if something has to be done GUESS WHAT! I have to drop what ever I am doing and tend to their every whim.

Still you get shit from other people for not being older so I have to make an example and show them that not every person younger than 18 is some mouth breathing moron. And was the main tank, founding member, and officer of my guild (only reason I'm not anymore is because account is frozen)
    Last edited by Xikem; 2010-06-25 at 10:33 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    A second thread on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinesthetic View Post
    If a player who is under 18, but has exceptional gear, skill, and is not annoying would you accept that player into your guild?
    the problem is that oftentimes you don't know id they're really annoying or not until it's too late... we've had players who were great guys until they were actually accepted into the guild. and yeah, every one of them was under 18. so i'm going to be the unreasonable asshole who says it: most players under 18 (most players under 20 even) are just terrible and they wont get in our guild unless they're the brother or cousin of someone the officers trust. it's probably unfair but there's enough guilds on our server who don't care about age.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a multitude of reasons, I prefer to play with adults, but if I can't tell someone is under 18, then it doesn't much hurt, does it?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'm 16 and I'm an officer, main tank(if that means anything anymore) and founding member of my guild. Age is irrelevent past a certain point.

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 10:32 PM ----------

Although, to be honest, I have had a lot of problems with kids in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðelinqient View Post
    You should,i've been in a guild that has no other kids but me for a long time,im mature and know my class well and stuff. Btw,im 12
    I lold

We once lost a kid to AFK in the middle of Supremus because his mom made him go shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðelinqient View Post
    He knows his class and "stuff" :3 id let you in my guild anyday so you can do that stuff.

How is a raven like a writing desk?

Thumbs up

Im 17 and hold a job while finishing my last year at school. Been accepted into every guild iv applied for, anything 16+ id accept in my guild. Regardless of being over 18, if your an immature drama queen bitch, your out.

Wasn't there another thread on this earlier today? Well gist was I think.. guilds are run the way people want to run them, we know you may be young, that's life, get used to it, there's a lot more of it to look forward to.