Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Enjoy Your Class

Hey, so I've planned to come back for Cataclysm and I'll most likely go the 80-85 way first, who knows. But I have no idea which class/spec to play. Why dont YOU come with some reasons why you play your class and spec/Why you're GOING to play another class/spec. I'm having a hard time picking between Paladin, Rogue, Druid, or leveling a new Warrior.

Why dont I find a thread similar to this one, I dont know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentack View Post

Why dont I find a thread similar to this one, I dont know.
    Because the topic is just too new and exciting for the site to handle.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Protection Paladin.

I started out as Retribution back when Blood Elves were the new hot stuff for Horde. I got bored pretty quickly and ended up abandoning my Paladin at level 28.

After raiding a bit at 70 with my Holy Priest and Rogue, I decided dps'ing definately wasn't for me, and healing seemed too far in the back for me. I decided that I might as well get my Paladin to 70 anyway, to see what they were all about.

At around level 34, I found a video of a Paladin AoE-grinding as Protection, and I was sold at that moment. I respecced and spent a ton of gold on the equipment(and weapon enchants), and AoE-grinded my way to Outland.

At this time I also came into tanking in instances, and I loved it from the start. When I reached Blackrock Depths, I was denied the right to roll on tanking gear, because the people I went with claimed that "Paladins wouldn't be tanking past Ramparts". I decided to prove them wrong, and I still do so today.

--

What I enjoy about my Paladin, is all the utility it brings as a tank. Druids can combat-res or throw innervates as off-tanks, Warriors can intervene and charge all over the place, Death Knights can look silly and do a ton of threat, but as a Paladin, I'm able to cleanse, to put Judgements(10-man, often only Paladin), cast Sacred Shield etc etc.

That is not to forget the fact that Paladins can remove pretty much any debuff from themselves, making room for a lot more mistake(Divine Shield macro), and they look awesome with all their sparkling abilities.

And should I get bored eventually at tanking(I doubt I will get bored of that before I get bored of the game), I always have two other sets readily available for either Retribution or Holy.

Druid, flight form is great for leveling

Spriest, level 80-85 is going to be a breeze with multi dotting and vamp embrace, plus the downtime is non existant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Because the topic is just too new and exciting for the site to handle.
    I would have said "Because it's against the rules", but this sounds much more likely.
    Last edited by huth; 2010-06-27 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster View Post
    Druid, flight form is great for leveling
    also: mounts

Try Paladin. You can do everything very well, and the tanking is good. Pretty much the most verasitle class other than druid. If you can't figur out what you like most, I think you should go with druid, because you can do everything.
    Level 80 Protection Paladin. Miner/Jewelcrafter
    Level 27 Restoration Shaman. Skinning/Herbalism

Warriors ftw imo

It really depends on if you like to do things alone, or you can get/dont mind asking for other peoples help..
    Paladin/druid(?mabe) For soloing, and those others you picked for grouping ^-^

10+ Year Old Account
    I love being a rogue. You may not think it, but the class has a lot of utility features and is relatively survivable, also I'm a sucker for stealth so it was a natural choice for me. The downside however is that even with heirlooms they are a pain to level. They take a crap load of damage in fights while leveling and you probably won't be able to go more than 3 fights without breaking out the bandaids. In all, not the best class for soloing (though with experience you can get pretty good at it) but a great class for groups.

Now to your decision, if you want easy, go for a pally or a druid.

Personally I love dps. Fi ding any way to squeak out max damage. In a world of misdirects tanks don't even have to worry about initial threat anymore so at best you have to worry about adds. Healing is a joke ATM. It's all overheals and preventing spike damage right now. In catty that might change back to bc style, where healing was fun.

I play a ret paladin with great offspec gear. When I tank I worry more about my dps than anything else and when I heal all I heal is toc, I drastically outgear, so all I try to do is top healing by sniping heals on people I dint actually need to heal. Or I try to see how much overhealing I can do.

Also have a shaman that all I play is enh. Have a derby resto set, but spaming ch is boring as hell. A warlock, ranged change up. And nit yet 80 a rogue that I can't stand, a war that is dps because I don't enjoy tanking in a war in leveling instance, and a priest. The priest I truly enjoy playing disc. Shadow is fun too, but I love disc over other healers and really look forward to catty changes for them.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Truly ANY class can be fun.. but everyone has personal preference...

Me.. I will level my mage first probably in Frost Spec.. FAST, AoE pulls, with Evocate and mana gems very little down time, free food when I want it, and ports to get around. And for the "Group Q's" Switch to Arcane and pop the 4 set T10 bonus and burn dat shit down.

Paladin/Druid will give you a lot of options to PVP/PVE at 85. They are the only classes who can handle all the tasks (DPS/Healer/Tank) so you got enough choice to play whatever you want when you level one of them.

Deleted
    Druid all the way...

Can be tank, healer, melee dps and caster dps... Can stealth through unnecessary mobs, solo most group quests and the Druid lore is awesome (if you're interested in stuff like that).

10+ Year Old Account
    I see alot of intresting points of views. But; I know, even though it might sounds douchy but some of you might think the same way of yourself, that Im good at doing my job, whether it's DPS'ing, tanking, or healing. I feel like I waste my "skill" if I pick a DPS class. As a healer I feel like Im in the back not being noticed. It leaves up to pick Pala tank, but I somehow find Paladins as "Easy-mode" class. I know it sounds stupid but theese are the problems I have. If I DPS Im not doing what Im really able to do to support the raid. If I heal Im just standing in a corner clicking boxxes going up and down. If I tank as a paladin Im a "Noob", picking the easy way out. Help But thanks for you guys insight, I find it intresting to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    personaly i must say hunter is the most fun class as it is my main and i have played many other classes and got a fair few to 80 but nothing has ever gave me asmuch enjoyment as a hunter also alot of people who have a hunter alt (who i know) will play it an awful lot more than there main as they agree with me the its fun.

Edit: is almost forgot to mention jump shot
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

Having leveled each one of those classes to 70+ it's kind of difficult to choose just one of them to play. I will say this though, having only one AoE(specced and 2 minute CD) while leveling sucks.

It leaves up to pick Pala tank, but I somehow find Paladins as "Easy-mode" class.
    If you feel you almost HAVE to tank I'd go Warrior, Druid tanking is nearly as "Easy-mode" as Paladin tanking, Warriors on the other hand are step or two up from that.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-06-27 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Im thinking about Tank cause of the other crap I wrote up there somewhere. So I guess you are right, picking a Warrior might be best, but the downside is that I have to actualy level it from 1 where I already have loads of 80's. Point was which 80 I was going to return to when I come back after mah long break. But I dont know if it's worth leveling a warrior, but on the other hand, how bad/hard can it be after my break.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Spriest, level 80-85 is going to be a breeze with multi dotting and vamp embrace, plus the downtime is non existant.
    Same.

Although it's going to be a roll between Warrior, Shaman and Spriest.