Single-minded Fury

Hey Mmo-champion forum guys! Currently a fury specced warrior and with the upcoming cataclysm expansion I am excited to be able to go single-minded fury and of course have started stock-piling weapons for the talent-changing content patch. I have a quick question though, do you think it is going to be two slow weapons that are needed for the single-minded fury (which is what I am assuming) or more like the rogue where it is slow main hand and fast off hand?

It's going to be like it was, a quickie offhand for rage, a MH for %based weapon damage attacks.

Considering that deep wounds hits based off of the average attack from both of your weapons, I would say 2 slow weapons with a decent amount of haste would be better than 1 slow and 1 fast. However, when Cataclysm hits, things just may change, we will have to see. I plan on dual speccing in both single minded and titans grip myself. FURY 4 LIFE
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post
    It's going to be like it was, a quickie offhand for rage, a MH for %based weapon damage attacks.
    More or less what he said.

I only raid normal 10 mans on a weekend, so i have been grabbing the axes from Lootship, 2 of them, incase slow/slow is the way to go (although dont take weapons from people who could use them! especially considering you cant actually put them to good effect yet)

Also grabbing an axe of BoneSTOOOOOOOOOOOOORRM dude when it drop and nobody wants it so i have a fast alternative incase things go back to BC days

The rage mechanic is also changing to reflect DPS, meaning that a slow offhand will generate as much rage as a fast one if they have the same DPS.

Thats a very interesting observation, and something we will have to leave to only limp theorising now. Once we start to see many more beta builds, I'm betting that this question will form a lot of maths done.

It was ALWAYS two slow weps, a fast offhand was a dps loss. You shouldnt of needed a fast offhand for rage.

Trust me I am not taking anything from somebody who may need it. Currently my chache of weapons consists of cunning of shadows (battered hilt weapon, I originally had the 2her but GMs gladly changed it to the 1her for me), the 264 fast 1her off of lootship 25m and the off hand fist weapon from blood prince.
    Arthas: Father, is...is it over?
    Terenas: No son, it restarts every tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagarin View Post
    It was ALWAYS two slow weps, a fast offhand was a dps loss. You shouldnt of needed a fast offhand for rage.
    Perhaps at BT level (i never liked 25mans so stayed out of them as much as possible) but i remember it started out as slow fast, but then i suppose that comes as no suprise... warriors have always been a bitch with gear scaling...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagarin View Post
    Exactly, especially since your bleed was based off of the average of both your weapon's damage per swing.

Deleted
    Taking weapons NOW for an upcoming generally overhauled game seems like wasted effort on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Taking weapons NOW for an upcoming generally overhauled game seems like wasted effort on your side.
    Cant hurt to take them if they are going to be sharded otherwise.. Saves farming them when the patch comes around.

Ya I only take them as Offspec offspec I say, so if anybody needs them, even for some offspec they may never play I let them take it first. I only take them if they are definately going to be sharded.
    Arthas: Father, is...is it over?
    Terenas: No son, it restarts every tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainoftheturks View Post
    Ya I only take them as Offspec offspec I say, so if anybody needs them, even for some offspec they may never play I let them take it first. I only take them if they are definately going to be sharded.
    I do that with current sidegrades as well.

So much misinformation in this thread makes my head hurt.

1) assuming equal DPS: fast ans slow weapons generate the same rage give or take some insignificant differencies.
    2) as the OH is only autoattacking the speed does not play a role in Deep Wounds damage. It does though for the MH.
    3) slow/fast was a viable combination back then and still is. The loss of WW damage can in some cases be compensated by less granular rage generation. DW munching is a con, higher flurry uptime (with low crit rates) a pro of same speed weapons (read: slow OH)
    4) DW ticks is NOT the average of both weapons damage. Never was.

As a rule of thumb: put the weapon in the OH with the best stats/2nd highest DPS (highest goes inte MH, unless the Speed is awfully fast)

Speed should not be considered at all when talking about the OH. Total WW damage is too low for that.

Quote Originally Posted by suicuique View Post
    4) DW ticks is NOT the average of both weapons damage. Never was.
    Well, i'll be damned, I looked it up and you're right.