Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Stormwind's True Fate - Spoiler

This is true speculation, but makes more sense seeing as blizzard has changed up the lore on Deathwing's arrival recently. Originally Deathwing was stated to rise from the area north of stormwind and the eruption destroyed the park, but in an interview (no source pic, will find) a Blizzard rep stated he now rises from the Maelstrom.

Since the Maelstrom is so far from Stormwind, either deathwing destroyed it while attacking stormwind or...

While this is pure speculation, it would make more sense that Goblins took a chunk out of stormwind in an attempt to kill Deathwing while rising from the Maelstrom/attacking stormwind. The cannon is located in Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god oh my god oh my god
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

"You kiddin? This cannon cant reach Stormwind at this angle!"

'Wanna bet, watch!'
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Common sense: Deathwing heard rumours that Onyxia gives epic head, so he rose and decided to obtain said epic head. This lead him to Stormwind and upon realizing there was no epic head to be gotten, he got all pissy and roflstomped all over Azeroth.
    Us, being the ones who got aforementioned epic head, felt obliged to clean up the mess.

That goblinette swimsuit poster makes me laffs.

*takes off glasses*

My god....

Quote Originally Posted by paperweight View Post
    "you kiddin? This cannon cant reach stormwind at this angle!"

'wanna bet, watch!'
    bahahhahahahaha!!!!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No one bought that theory on MMOwned when a different member of the forum first posted this theory.

This is of course assuming it just wont blow up when they try to use it.

hmmm teh reflection in that eyepeice seems to be SW... could well be the goblins did some weapons testing

Quote Originally Posted by Thedann View Post
    No one bought that theory on MMOwned when a different member of the forum first posted this theory.
    Never stated that i came up with this theory, and i stated it was pure speculation. The Mmowned community aren't the ones making Cataclysm, which means any theory could still be a possibility at this point. Of course you knew what speculation means right?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then you realize it didn't hold weight when the theory was posted, right?

PS: The Maelstrom is NOT far from Stormwind. In fact, you can SWIM to Vash'jir from Stormwind Harbor, and not only that, the path Deathwing carves from the Maelstrom to Blackrock Mountain is directly north of Stormwind.

Deleted
    Roflmao, epic find!

Never trust a giant cannon atthe bottom of Azshara with a giant goblin head at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedann View Post
    Then you realize it didn't hold weight when the theory was posted, right?

PS: The Maelstrom is NOT far from Stormwind. In fact, you can SWIM to Vash'jir from Stormwind Harbor, and not only that, the path Deathwing carves from the Maelstrom to Blackrock Mountain is directly north of Stormwind.
    The fact that it didnt hold water was solely based on the fact that Wowhead posted that Deathwing destroyed it. But that was also posted when DW was going to emerge from the area north of SW. Blizzard changes the lore and seeing as how it is still in beta it *could* be what they are doing. When they release more patch info i will change my wording on this post, but this thread is just highlighting the cannon instead of fodder for a retarded troll to run his mouth.

The big problem with this theory: no goblin weapon is that accurate. If they fired that gun, it'd probably hit Thunderbluff.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok and there is two ways i can see them fixing it

1.) Terrain Phasing through quest you help rebuild that section
    2.)It will slowly be rebuilt sans Argent Tournament style.

the second one fits the bill more likely since Orgrimmar seems to ot be completely finish with its redesign so as to let both factions have a possibly AQ style thing where you need to get materials to finish Orgrimmar an reapair Stormwind.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2010-07-01 at 03:23 AM. Reason: idea

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Well, Deathwing does still certainly visit Stormwind regardless of where he emerged, so it still might have been him.

The cannon is just another possibility as to how the park got destroyed.

Can not unsee!

This doesn't explain the claw marks in SW though.

Nice find. As if I needed another reason to love these guys.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"