Ranged Weapon Enchants

I'd like to see the current "+x ranged crit rating" weapon enchants going away in favor of more "fun" enchants.

When they announced the removal of consumable ammunition there are questions as to where the current ammo +dps bonus will be rolled in (assumption is generally that it would roll into the weapon dps itself similar to thori'dal) there were suggestions that they could use ammo type librams to give interesting shot modifiers.

I'd like to see this type of an idea applied to ranged weapon enchants. It'd be easy to roll the stat equivelant of the "+x ranged crit rating" into the weapon stats itself, and that would free up an existing item enhancement slot to play with.

They could even go so far as to change way we use current melee weapon enchants (all we ever use are +stat enchants), since most of the newly announced weapon enchants seem to be proc based and in their current tooltips aren't set up to benefit hunters (yet). As hunters our main weapons are our ranged ones, I'd rather see our "big" weapon enchant be on our bow/gun not a polearm we happen to be carrying around. It'd be easy to make main weapon enchants not proc with hunter attacks, or give melee stat bonuses, so we wouldn't be getting significant enchant benefits from both our melee and ranged weapons.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.
    Bump. I don't really have a oppinion on this. It could be possible but not likely. We could still use ammo in the ammo slot, but it might drop off bosses or quest rewards and make it a equipable item. That way we would still get the ammo dps bonus, and it might have some fun effects.
    We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Malphass; 2010-07-01 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Blues indicated that the ammo slot is going away completely in the cata class preview.

I am going to miss updated ammo during the late stages of an expansion, guess they'll roll that into ranged weapon stats, unfortunately now you have to wait until you win a roll rather than have easy access to the bonus.

I say that it would be nice to get some more varied scopes at least... I don't imagine it would be that hard to add proc-based scopes since we have proc-based melee enchants :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    I would almost guarantee we will get some chance on hit scopes, seeing as practically all of the Weapon enchants are chance on hit now, like the runeforging.