Thread: Saurfang

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Saurfang

Has anybody found him yet by chance thats in the beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    same source that said garrosh would not actually kill carnie and that magatha poisoned him and that garrosh would snap somes 1 neck... also said saurfang killed himself because of his son

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    same source that said garrosh would not actually kill carnie and that magatha poisoned him and that garrosh would snap somes 1 neck... also said saurfang killed himself because of his son
    I don't recall reading that... I think he went back to Outland to give his son an honorary funeral. Perhaps he stayed there and retired.
    Taz'dingo!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I doubt Saurfang's fate is to randomly kill himself.

I surely hope not he's gone off and killed himself.

Hmmm... I wonder how Dranosh and Garrosh came along. They both had awesome fathers (though Dranosh did not know of his), but they were both pretty much the best warriors the Mag'har tribe had to offer it seems, so they gotta have had some sort of connection all those years fending for themselves against the broken and such.

EDIT: I have never done ICC myself, but I saw some notes on WoWWiki where it says that Varok wished to take his son back to Outlands for a proper funeral. So I'd guess he's there.
    Last edited by Thrall, son of Durotan; 2010-07-03 at 09:39 PM.

Grammar is you friend amigo. Wtf are you trying to say?

Saurfang would never kill himself over just the death of Saurfang Jr. First of all he's lived through so much more then that with being in charge of the Destruction of Shattrath and Stormwind, going to the internment camps, losing his brother(although since Broxigar was a Knaak character I guess for everyone else thats not so bad.), and having Old Garrosh to deal with everyday.

I also doubt that he's permanently retired it wouldn't make sense as Saurfang would not want to let Garrosh run the Horde into the ground.(Although the chances of that happening under New Garrosh will only occur if Sylvanas starts a civil war.)

Garrosh kills carnies? Maybe he's not so bad after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimon View Post
    Grammar is you friend amigo. Wtf are you trying to say?
    Lol grammar nazi.

Hmm, I agree with the peeps who says he's probably in Outland.
    shit

Blizzard will bring him out whenever the character is needed. That includes books also, so at this point its anyone's guess. Mine guess is that he went to netherstorm, booked a passage on the area 52 rocket and spend his retirement getting drunk in space and fighting space goats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Somehow I doubt Saurfang's fate is to randomly kill himself.
    Agree, also i need to steal your sig Sarog

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think so, for Orcs, it is an Honor to die on a battlefield, Saurfang said that himself:

<Saurfang looks to the heavens.>

"Like Brox, my son died a hero. Do not mourn him, <name>. For an orc, there could be no better end! No greater honor! At this moment, my heart swells with pride.

I thank you for returning our battle armor. It will be placed upon his pyre at the Ancestral Grounds of Nagrand.

We must turn our full attention to more pressing matters."

But maybe that is just to cover up the pain he feels inside.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully he is brought back at some point in the expansion. It'd be cool to return to Nagrand and ask him to return home because of the events unfolding with Deathwing and the Twilight's Hammer.

I am sure we have not seen the last of Saurfang. He will likely become active again later this expansion, or in another, to help Thrall become warchief. Remember what Saurfang said to Garrosh if he(Garrosh)ever tries to lead the horde into a dark and bloody path that the old horde did? He would kill him himself.

I wonder if he will appear in Nagrand for level 66 players

Maybe he just went to cleave some levelling alliance death knights to get over his grief

He said he'd kill himself.

id say that hes in outlands burying his son in patch 4.1 or something id say he will return possibly we will get a quest chain from him that involves checking out garroshs actions to see if hes doing a good enough job
    though he might end up by thralls side

if there is a combined alliance/horde army (to battle deathwing/old god dudes etc) in cata ive got a feeling that he will command it as as far as i can remember hes the only person to ever lead a combined horde/alliance army (the might of kalimdor)which consisted of the alliance 7th legion their top notch troops who i would assume have a healthy respect for him

and i highly doubt that hes going to kill himself because of his sons death...hes proud of his sons death in orcish culture dieing in battle against a worthy opponent is an honor and to mourn it is to insult his son as if to say your death wasnt worthy enough
    at worst he would retire or perhaps lead a solo charge into deathwings lair and try to cleave that chin off

Maybe a later source that took the info, but not the orignal one. I heard he went to bury his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu Ftagn View Post
    He said he'd kill himself.
    Source?

Saurfang killed himself because he was afraid of what Crowley was going to do to him.