Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gron View Post
    If Cata raids quality = Naxx 2.0 quality than no thanks.
    If Cata raids quality = Unduar quality than hell yes.

For many people Cata has to deliver a more unified experience for raids. Something you don't finish early and wait for content to come.

ICC has shown that still you need to have quantity and quality to keep people happy. I know... QQ... what he expects of Blizzard, both quality and enough raids??!
    Actually it's not as much about quantity as it is about quality. As you stated Naxx sucked and Ulduar was awesome yet Naxx had 15 bosses while Ulduar only had 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoushii View Post
    Quality, not quantity. 'Nuff said.
    Bam! We have winner!

omg stop defending blizzard jesus.

They said "Cataclysm will SHIP with MORE raid content than EVER BEFORE" (nothing to do with END GAME)

At current state, if they released today, it would be a false statement and a lie. We will have to see how it turns out. But I would bet this is what we are getting at release.

Recently they said Bastion of Twilight 5 bosses + 2 more raid dungeons with about a dozen total bosses to fully itemize the tier. Obviously it was a play on words , they meant a DOZEN TOTAL over all 3 , not a dozen total of the additional 2. BoT = 5 , BWD = 6 , Skywall = 2.

Grand total of 12 Bosses + 1 Heroic only additional boss.

So in fairness they were on point with their recent statement after BoT was announced. But their original blue post about more than ever before was obviously probably they thought firelands was going to ship but they fell short of their goal, it happens (alot if you havn't noticed).

They might get Firelands ready for release, you never know, I mean the files are partially there already. Or they may just not make as much as they wanted which is disappointing but what can we do about it.

Zane's right - this is a very valid concern. Knowing how Wrath worked, we'll be grinding this content for a while, so to be concerned about quantity is certainly legit.

Fact shows 12+1 boss.
    Fact is that its less than WOTLK.

You only assume and speculate on the quality though!
    Given Blizzard track record they showed their both best and worst faces in WOTLK re. raiding.

BETA is generally called that for a reason, things have still yet to be implemented.

We will also have hard modes available for every boss at release. Thats something you cant say for naxx. Not even Ulduar was open to hard modes for every boss.

I'M JUST ASKING QUESTION I'M NOT TROLLING
    ARE BLOOD ELVES GAY???

Seriously, more != better. I rather have high quality dungeons with fun bosses that scale properly with gear (i.e. if you have better gear you *notice* that you have better gear because you clear the dungeon faster) instead of 50 boring corridors of enemies.

Dungeons are not end game anyway, there will be three raids at release.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Seems all content is less than WOTLK.

WOTLK had 12 dungeons, many with 5-6 bossess, etc.
    Cata has 7 dungeons.
    WOTLK had 4 raids, with 17 bossess (appr.)
    Cata has 3 raids with 12 bossess.

Does not seem like more to me.
    which plenty of dungeons had 5-6 bosses?
    UK - 3
    UP - 4
    Nexus - 4 (5 in heroic)
    AN - 3
    OK - 4 (5 in heroic)
    VH - 3 (at a time and a total of 6)
    HoS - 4
    HoL - 4
    Occ - 4

Averaging to 3.5 bosses per dungeon.

please check your own facts before spouting them off...

Also Cataclysm release raids:
    Blackwing Descent
    Skywall
    Firelands
    Throne of the Tides

each with 5-6 bosses is much more raiding content then Wrath release. More variety, higher quantity and hopefully higher quality.
    Last edited by Apellosine; 2010-07-02 at 07:53 AM.

Should we even really count Naxx as something NEW when Wrath launched? I mean all they did was tone down the bosses, and made it pretty much laughable. So really all we got at the launch of Wrath was EoE, OS, and a rehash of a old 40 man raid. I'm looking at it as Cata is going to give us all NEW raid content, the only people that are going to see it before it launches is the players that are lucky enough to get a beta invite.

I currently wonder more about how much achievements there will be then dungeons. It does seem like Cataclysm Dungeons have more bosses in each dungeon rather then spread out. Achievements were a really awesome addition to the game.

But I'm quite sure we'll see more achievements (way more) down the road of beta, maybe dungeons too. Alpha was probably more about an actual class structure, along with rebuilding two massive continents.

Also Cataclysm release raids:
    Blackwing Descent
    Skywall
    Firelands
    Throne of the Tides

each with 5-6 bosses is much more raiding content then Wrath release. More variety, higher quantity and hopefully higher quality.
    Please... please... check your facts, before posting.
    Raids in Cataclysm are:

Bastion of Twilight:
    1.Valiona and Theralion
    2.Halfus Wyrmbreaker
    3.Twilight Ascendant Council
    4.Cho'gall
    5.The Horrifying Secret

Blackwing Descent:
    1.Magmaw
    2.Dark Iron Golem Council
    3.Maloriak
    4.Atramedes
    5.Chimaron
    6.Nefarian

Skywall:
    1.Djin Council (probably a mini boss)
    2.Al'akir

Thats what you get. Nothing else. Rest you mentioned will come post launch, like 6-8 months or more after with patch 4.1. and beyond.
    So far this list is a letdown, I hope its a mistake, but it seems NOT.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raids in Cataclysm are:

Bastion of Twilight:.....

*snip*

....So far this list is a letdown, I hope its a mistake, but it seems NOT.
    Aaaaaaaand Cataclysm shipped when exactly? They haven't even released all zones yet, what makes you think all raid content is released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Gron is right, and I agree with him. Bit disapointing but... These raids could be super fun and super well tuned so lets wait a bit.

Raids in Cataclysm are:

Bastion of Twilight:
    1.Valiona and Theralion
    2.Halfus Wyrmbreaker
    3.Twilight Ascendant Council
    4.Cho'gall
    5.The Horrifying Secret

Blackwing Descent:
    1.Magmaw
    2.Dark Iron Golem Council
    3.Maloriak
    4.Atramedes
    5.Chimaron
    6.Nefarian

Skywall:
    1.Djin Council (probably a mini boss)
    2.Al'akir

Thats what you get. Nothing else. Rest you mentioned will come post launch, like 6-8 months or more after with patch 4.1. and beyond.
    So far this list is a letdown, I hope its a mistake, but it seems NOT.
    Blizzard stated the Firelands will be a released raid. Give it time, it is just getting out of ALPHA and into closed Beta. TBC Alpha to Beta didn't have SSC or TK. They came in about halfway through.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Gron is right, and I agree with him. Bit disapointing but... These raids could be super fun and super well tuned so lets wait a bit.
    And where does it say this will be the only entry raids?

Have patience, really, it helps. They still have to release entire zones...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    Blizzard stated the Firelands will be a released raid. Give it time, it is just getting out of ALPHA and into closed Beta. TBC Alpha to Beta didn't have SSC or TK. They came in about halfway through.
    Quote? I coulda swore Blizzard recently (1-2 weeks) said Firelands isn't making it or may not make it to release. Originally I know they planned for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Quote? I coulda swore Blizzard recently (1-2 weeks) said Firelands isn't making it or may not make it to release. Originally I know they planned for it though.
    Untill you show the quote that they said it won't make it, the original plan is still in effect. Also, after searching for a blue post for it, -I- found no blue posts that has stated that the plan for four starting raids have changed.

yea.. i think the promised end game content thing, isnt just at the launch. i think theres possibly much more content coming in patches down the road.. im really praying for another raid like icc... but idk how they will fit that into lore.

They don't have to. Lore is merely a vehicle for the game, so if necessary, they will fit the lore to the content.

WoW is fully gameplay-driven, not lore driven.