Can mages survive another patch of no nerfs?

I wonder if 4.3 or even the mini patches between now and then if we will see any nerfs that will render mages useless or just crap in general.

You're title makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    You're title makes no sense.
    English is hard to read I heard.

Pointless thread is clearly pointless. But to answer the question, mages will never be rendered useless. They have both insane damage and insane CC. Even if one was nerfed the other would be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No nerfs?

40% more mana on Spell steal and 3% less damage on Arcane Blast say hello.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    No nerfs?40% more mana on Spell steal and 3% less damage on Arcane Blast say hello.
    Wasn't it 5%?

Not to mention diminishing returns on deep freeze and ring of frost, unless I've been out of it for so long I believe this hit live in 4.2. That being said, mages are op, have been op, and will always be op 1v1. They and rogues have ridiculous amounts of control and amazing potential for damage, both consistent and burst involved in that. There would need to be a few more changes to really bring them in line with other classes, but the same people that are calling for that are pissed about homogenization of classes, and in turn they would need to be buffed to shore up their actual weaknesses. Anyhow, I just say live with whats happening, classes get nerfed, then they get buffed, play what you want and at some point you have a chance of being op. Btw, my main is Enhance, so yeah, wouldnt mind being op either =P.

Deleted
    Short answer: Yes!
    Long answer: Mos def yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Gansta69 View Post
    I wonder if 4.3 or even the mini patches between now and then if we will see any nerfs that will render mages useless or just crap in general.
    ya,mages are useless thats why according to simcraft arcane mages are the top dps class right now

I don't know how will mages survive at this rate. Mages are and have always been the target of nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre8686 View Post
    Not to mention diminishing returns on deep freeze and ring of frost, unless I've been out of it for so long I believe this hit live in 4.2. That being said, mages are op, have been op, and will always be op 1v1. They and rogues have ridiculous amounts of control and amazing potential for damage, both consistent and burst involved in that. There would need to be a few more changes to really bring them in line with other classes, but the same people that are calling for that are pissed about homogenization of classes, and in turn they would need to be buffed to shore up their actual weaknesses. Anyhow, I just say live with whats happening, classes get nerfed, then they get buffed, play what you want and at some point you have a chance of being op. Btw, my main is Enhance, so yeah, wouldnt mind being op either =P.
    Lol what? Sub rogues and Frost mages have amazing damage? Consistent dmg? ROFL no.
    Frost mage if they're lucky with hardcasting a frostbolt is their only source of damage and lance is pitiful.

Sub rogues damage is SHIT, PoMs and Earthshield heals through their damage so easily. They only have a burst window with dance+smoke bomb the rest of the time they're CC-fairys. And you're lucky to even get a 20k crit with ambush, and not on some scrub in a BG/1v1 I mean in high tier play.

Theres a reason why Sub rogues, Afflic Locks, Frost mages, and Disc priests have been so consistently strong throughout the history of Arena and it's simply because they're built with strong utility. The problem isn't the lack of damage which Blizzard believes because they're nerfing melee defense/utilty and giving them more damage in return i.e. DKs and Warriors, the problem is that most classes lack the utility that the aforementioned possess. And by giving specs that are highly represented in Arena equal amount of utility they're afraid that the PvE side of things are going to get screwed up because people are going to QQ that they only have 1 spec to DPS with.

And btw Frost Mages and Sub rogues are the standard that Blizzard bases their balancing decisions around therefore they will never get nerfed heavily and will always be fine.

Mages are STRONG 1v1. The game isn't even balanced around that, in fact its not even balanced at all, it's a farce. It's laughable people still believe Blizzard has any intentions to balance the game for PvP.