News RSS Feeds Broken/Redirecting

In Google reader, iGoogle, Protopage and on the WoWWik site, the RSS feed for news is broken. I have tried several URLs and it always redirects to the newest posts on the general forums of MMOC but I am not able to get just a news feed as i have been getting for months before the host change.

Thank you for your time.

I have the exact same problem. Has the url for the news rss feed changed?

Similar issue. When i use the Gadget from iGoogle to visit MMO it keeps re-directing me to mmo-champion.com/MMO%20Champion

I am sure you guys are on this. Just to clarify, however, I am certain you are losing a lot of traffic without a news feed. I know I go down the list every day, and haven't the last week, because there isn't a news feed, i check in this post every other day. I dont have the time currently to hunt down if there is a new RSS News Feed. Thank you for your time.

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 07:54 PM ----------

WOOT it is fixed:

Wont let me post the url so gl to others.

oh wait you can go to forums, and then in the list on the right you will see an RSS button, click it and it will put it in your reader.

The RSS feeds don't work as they used to before. Previously, you could read the entire article from your feed reader (Google Reader is what I have checked this in). Now, it seems that all HTML content has been stripped out, so the article is one paragraph of text with any word that was previously a link simply removed.

Before, I could read all the new articles from Google Reader without having to actually switch to the MMO champ site unless there was a particularly long article, or one where I wanted to look at loot tooltips. Now, it's become unusable. Any chance of getting the rest of the article content in the feed?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Chirrad View Post
    The RSS feeds don't work as they used to before. Previously, you could read the entire article from your feed reader (Google Reader is what I have checked this in). Now, it seems that all HTML content has been stripped out, so the article is one paragraph of text with any word that was previously a link simply removed.

Before, I could read all the new articles from Google Reader without having to actually switch to the MMO champ site unless there was a particularly long article, or one where I wanted to look at loot tooltips. Now, it's become unusable. Any chance of getting the rest of the article content in the feed?
    I second that. This is really important to all your fans with RSS readers, please change it back to full articles!

Quote Originally Posted by Chirrad View Post

I second (or third) that as i now tend to just read the wow.com RSS feed as the sites themselfs are blocked from work and it's there I read this.

Now it's extremely brief and without pictures.

Since making my original post, things have actually got worse rather than better - the amount of article text included in each RSS entry has been dramatically decreased, so now the entries in RSS readers only show a few lines of plain text, not even intelligently truncated (usually ends mid-sentence!).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    Functions fine for me, as well.

That link definitely works a lot better than the one published on the main site - the one that gets subscribed to if you click the RSS icon in Firefox when on the main page of mmo champ. It's not perfect (there's a lot of HTML markup visible) but at least I can read the main bits of the articles again!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks for the link. As mentioned before, it's not perfect, but at least better than the "official" RSS on the main page.

For those who are curious: The trick is to subscribe to the forum section "News" instead of subscribing to the main page. So you go to Forum->News and then click the RSS icon in your browser. Or simply use the link posted above