Question What should I roll for PvP?

Okay a little bit about myself is that since pre-bc I've been playing the underdog Paladin (lol)now a days it's just a BIT different. Any-who awhile back I sold my account and now I've decided to start playing again. My question to all of you is what class should I go? I want to be able to play a class that can dominate in PvP in the right hands not just some 5 buttoned moron Retadin. I've been thinking about rolling a healer but I'd also like to roll a class that can be a threat to all if the player knows what he/she is doing. I was thinking a Ret Paladin but when I found out that they are nerfing cleanse I realized they'd be just as easy to kite as Warriors with the charge -.- . Sorry for the giant rant but what's your guys opinions?

Discopriests DPS isn't too shun, if you want a healer. Nor is Shadowpriests, but I'm sure we're all painfully aware of that.

Fotm. Or frostmage, frostmages never get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleins View Post
    Okay a little bit about myself is that since pre-bc I've been playing the underdog Paladin (lol)now a days it's just a BIT different. Any-who awhile back I sold my account and now I've decided to start playing again. My question to all of you is what class should I go? I want to be able to play a class that can dominate in PvP in the right hands not just some 5 buttoned moron Retadin. I've been thinking about rolling a healer but I'd also like to roll a class that can be a threat to all if the player knows what he/she is doing. I was thinking a Ret Paladin but when I found out that they are nerfing cleanse I realized they'd be just as easy to kite as Warriors with the charge -.- . Sorry for the giant rant but what's your guys opinions?
    Wat?

I recently came across this question myself, however for the most part- things that are easy to play and blow people up tend to be the most succesful in BGs.

Warriors in bis gear are god tier. They are near impossible to take down, deal a TON Of damage, and are have a fairly high skill cap. They have their weaknesses, but overall are a very powerful class. Toss a healer behind them and get ready to mow everything down.

Rets are relativly easy to play, and don't give a lot of play room as far as "skill" goes, however they excel very well in bgs. With bubble+rocket boots, You'll very rarely die. ProtRet is a bit harder to play, and offers better survivabilty, at the cost of HORRIBLE mana efficiency. BGs and Arenas alike Paladins of all specs are capable of playing with the big boys.

Ele Shammys are another interesting choice. They can deal a ton of damage in a short time, have pretty decent survivability, and can really save a team with clutch heals. Have a decent skill cap, Lots of things to offer everyone, and the highest armor caster tied with boomkin.

There's obviously other options, however these 3 are what I find to be the most enjoyable for BGs. Arena class rarely matters, all classes are pretty hard to play, and it's more about coordination then anything else.

If you really want to punish yourself, Feral Druids are pretty powerful for BGs, and arenas but have very glaring flaws that make them very unenjoyable to me. Best of luck to you finding your class!

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Wat?
    Well, I told you I was ranting and that was obviously exactly what I was doing. I just hated playing Retadin because of the fact that they lack abilities and now the seem to be getting nerfed in ways the don't aka Cleanse. I'm saying that Ret can be played by just about anyone with a borderline retarded IQ. They aren't a complex class, and it gets boring.

---------- Post added 2010-07-11 at 02:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I recently came across this question myself, however for the most part- things that are easy to play and blow people up tend to be the most succesful in BGs.

Warriors in bis gear are god tier. They are near impossible to take down, deal a TON Of damage, and are have a fairly high skill cap. They have their weaknesses, but overall are a very powerful class. Toss a healer behind them and get ready to mow everything down.

Rets are relativly easy to play, and don't give a lot of play room as far as "skill" goes, however they excel very well in bgs. With bubble+rocket boots, You'll very rarely die. ProtRet is a bit harder to play, and offers better survivabilty, at the cost of HORRIBLE mana efficiency. BGs and Arenas alike Paladins of all specs are capable of playing with the big boys.

Ele Shammys are another interesting choice. They can deal a ton of damage in a short time, have pretty decent survivability, and can really save a team with clutch heals. Have a decent skill cap, Lots of things to offer everyone, and the highest armor caster tied with boomkin.

There's obviously other options, however these 3 are what I find to be the most enjoyable for BGs. Arena class rarely matters, all classes are pretty hard to play, and it's more about coordination then anything else.

If you really want to punish yourself, Feral Druids are pretty powerful for BGs, and arenas but have very glaring flaws that make them very unenjoyable to me. Best of luck to you finding your class!
    Thanks I've always wanted to play an Ele Shammy because in Battlegrounds you could hold down a choke point or a flag easily if you have another DPS and a Healer. They can focus down people faster then some of them can react to it. I've been thinking about rolling a Healer like a Disc Preist/Holy Pally and then going with something like a Shaman or maybe a Hunter? Not sure how great Hunters are now a days honestly.

---------- Post added 2010-07-11 at 02:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanir View Post
    Affliction Warlock
    Never really knew much about Affliction Warlocks or Locks in general. Not entirely sure how they play xD

Honestly at this point, Every class is viable, but the squishies die pretty easy.

Resto druids are amazing for everything pvp. Best flag carriers, one of hte hardest to kill, and pretty fun to play. The other 3 healers can be pretty hard to kill to, but I always find resto druids being the worst.

Afflic locks are kinda funny. on your way to getting geared, they are horrible to play- you'll die a lot, not manage much damage, and overall will just be unenjoyable. Then you hit the magic number around 900-1200 resilience and you all of a sudden become an unstoppable killing machine. Very little will outright kill you outside of a Warrior, and even if you die- they'll usually die too.

Hunters can do some sick damage, but go squish VERY easy. You are hard countered by dks, they'll kill you effortlessly.

I'd say just go with the class that seems to suit your playstyle preference?
    However based on what you asked roll a priest or a shaman. Go shadow/elemental for when you want to destroy people, or disc/resto if you want to be a non-faceroll healer.

Biggest threat to all in the hands of a skill player? A mage I'd say, just the ability to counter almost everything with the exception of a shadowpriest, and able to solo cap nodes in AB/EotS vs many. Sure you can do it with most classes, however mages stand out more to me for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanir View Post
    Affliction Warlock

AAAAAHAHAHAHAH! Sigh... Shadow Priest Wannabe.

Roll a Spriest. Never look back.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleins View Post
    Never really knew much about Affliction Warlocks or Locks in general. Not entirely sure how they play xD
    DoT -> Tab -> DoT -> Tab

Repeat.

Pro-tip, every class can kill if played right.

Learning other classes is as (if not more) important as learning your own class.

Just play whatever you feel is right, and actually become good at him rather then rolling a FOTM or easy class/spec.

That will you will become both a better player and become better at the game overall.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

My main for PVE is a mage, and I love it. For PVP, I really like my disc priest. Once I got it some decent gear, I found I could really hold my own in BGs.

Honestly, whatever you play well is the answer. BGs don't run into the issues you get in arena comps, so I'd imagine most classes will work well. For instance, feral druids are pretty weak in arenas, but I'd have no problem playing one in a BG.

With the way the rated BGs are going to work, you'll probably just want to make sure to have enough PVP gear. I can see the posts in trade already, "LF 2 DPS 2 Heals for Rated BG. Must have 1200 resilience."

Quote Originally Posted by Strikesuit View Post
    My main for PVE is a mage, and I love it. For PVP, I really like my disc priest. Once I got it some decent gear, I found I could really hold my own in BGs.

Honestly, whatever you play well is the answer. BGs don't run into the issues you get in arena comps, so I'd imagine most classes will work well. For instance, feral druids are pretty weak in arenas, but I'd have no problem playing one in a BG.

With the way the rated BGs are going to work, you'll probably just want to make sure to have enough PVP gear. I can see the posts in trade already, "LF 2 DPS 2 Heals for Rated BG. Must have 1200 resilience."
    The blue pvp gear has roughly 200 resilience on it per piece, It's going to be more like "Lf 2 dps 2 heals for rated bg, must have 3000 resil" lol.

If you are a PvE hero: Warrior.

If not: Disc priest > Resto shaman > resto druid > holy pally
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Depends on your time frame as in can you wait a season or more into the new expansion.

Disc priest is always a good bet but just be prepared to be steamrolled by everything until you have a good set of pvp gear (the first season of wotlk was just awful)

Warrior, Because they are just simply awesome.

I almost forgot, should I roll "X" is a banned thread topic.