Thread: Total Biscuit.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Definitely the best podcaster you'll find on the internet.
    And to the OP. For someone who feels the need to rip on something, at least find something better than his accent. Because his accent you can not best.

Deleted
    Why has an old/outdated threat been resurected? Could we get a lock on this, it is blatently going off topic and will soon descend into a flame-war.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    Wait, so you're saying TotalBiscuit isn't British?
    I am from manchester and hate his voice .. tbh i hate the population of ppl who speak POSH I FOOKING HATE THEM

Oh and i hate the scouse aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    He doesn't need to be at the level cap to talk about the game, it's not like the game has changed that much in the past 2 years (not sarcasm).

He has said that his interest in WoW is waning, plus he could easily have alts for when he doesn't want to be constantly bombarded with "OMFGZ HAI TB I LUVS JOOO".

You are giving criticism for a podcast you do not listen to. Or you are just extremely dense as TB goes over this topic regularly.

This reinforces my previous statement.
    As usual, the fans come with excuses to cover for him. Listen here, he DOES need to be at the level cap, otherwise you can guarantee that he cannot give proper criticism as he himself hasnt experienced the content. And "its not like the game has changed that much in the past 2 years" is a fucking joke. Not only is the statement wrong, but it is such a failed attempt at covering for TB. You are basically saying 'it is the same game, so the same criticism applies". Recycling criticism, if you will. Bull shit, I DO listen to much of his material, and it is clear that he does not have the same understanding of matters in the game as he would if he actually played it regularly. Even in LK, he supposedly quit in April because it was too boring, when he hadnt even finished normal modes. Do you honestly expect quality criticism about a game from someone who doesnt play it? (Or in this case, rarely plays it)

He has said that his interest in WoW is waning
    Oh please, judging by the daily show, the podcast, and his opinions, it is clear that is not the case. If his interest is waning, (which seems to be ALWAYS with current content, like i said, he likes leading bandwagons, and the bandwagon is usually the nostalgic in-my-day attitude), he certainly would not bother giving criticism for the game "to make it better" in his own words. But he has a daily show, a regular podcast, his career revolves mostly around the game. He is bullshitting, as always.

he doesn't want to be constantly bombarded with "OMFGZ HAI TB I LUVS JOOO"
    Oh i doubt it, with the attention seeking attitude he has, he is likely loving every singe fan whisper.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Jeez, TB hater much.

But that's like your opinion man and I cbf caring right now.
    Simply put, if you cbf caring, you wouldnt post. Just like you say about TB: if he REALLY cbf caring, he wouldnt do what he does.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    I am from manchester and hate his voice .. tbh i hate the population of ppl who speak POSH I FOOKING HATE THEM

Oh and i hate the scouse aswell
    D'aaaaawww! What a cute ickle Mancunian!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaelnas View Post
    This is my first time creating a thread on MMO champion, and sadly, it's a negative thread. I usually like all the videos that MMO champ puts up, (with the exception of the odd MMO report) but that TotalBiscuit, Cynical guy is a really bad podcaster.

1. He talks into the mic as if it's a radio show, something good podcasts don't do. He sounds like he should be on WoW radio, which is better than his videos.
    2. I find him quite ignorant, if he knows nothing about Alliance he should really leave those videos to someone else. He said Tinker Town was in Stormwind, and even Horde players know that's an error.
    3. His accent and manner are rather fake, and from someone who's heard the accents of every country, and region in Britain, I can confirm he is not a cynical Brit.

Now I know there'll be replies of "I bet you couldn't do better" or "Your whining won't change much" or "Ur fake and gay" but when i saw Boub say that everyone liked the guy's videos, I thought i'd at least throw in my two cents to show that I did not, in fact, like his videos.
    If you share the same opinion, say so and comment, if you don't, comment anyway.
    Keep your hate to yourself..

1. He came from wow radio if you knew anything you would know that.
    2. He doesnt claim to know everything, and does make mistakes.. SO WHAT? He admits he makes mistakes and usually apologises for them and self depricates all the time due to this.
    3. His accent and manner are actually VERY british.. his accent is from near newcastle (i.e. Where he comes from) and so your idea of the british accent means nothing as the british accent is widely varied as the american accent is.

In all you know nothing and just hate because you have less than half the showmanship that he has. You mke a lot of claims of how things should be and have no idea of how things are so you my friend are too arrogant to have an opinion that anyone else should take seriosuly.

TB is great. It is a character that is put up, if you buy it, hate him and yet spend time replying to a thread about him, listening to some of his work just so you can dislike him, then he is successful and happy.

That is all there is to it. The quality of his work is excellent. Sound is impeccable, video with size and ratio are impeccable, his pronunciation is quite easy to understand and his 'fake accent' is quite obvious. He is a pro, you cannot expect him to go about and talk like he would normally do. There is no manual on being a good caster, you do it how you want it, and if you are good people will listen even when they hate you.

On a side note, what I like the most about TB is that you know what to expect. He is going to complain, he is going to troll, but he is going to be stone cold 90% of the time analysing stuff. For instance, I love some stuff done by Jesse Cox, but sometimes he just goes 'retarded mode on' and it annoys the life out of me. It can be extremely funny on occasion and then hellish annoying. The same goes for Yogscast. It is amazingly fun most of the time, but then Simon sometimes ruins it doing everything wrong on purpose and trying to be funny all the time.

Consistency is what makes TB greater than everybody else out there, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2er View Post
    I remember this thread from last year, back when TB was really popular due to the cata beta videos and how exciting the whole expansion looked. Oh how times change.
    Right, because being the number 2 channel in the UK on views today, number 6 this week, number 4 this month means he isn't popular.

Deleted
    i dont really watch his videos... only his sc2 casts :b

Why do we have to have a discussion about other people's opinions? I believe this to be mostly an american thing - where we get offended by someone with a different point of view. Just because you don't like the guys podcast means you have to trash talk him? And anyone who enjoys the podcast is a lesser human being and is a "fanboi"? And anyone who doesn't like him is too dumb to understand good comedy?

How about letting this thread die and take to heart the following statement:

To each his own.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the cynical brit. Even if he's not authentic, he does what he has set out to do: entertain people. Don't take his shows like a news show. Its entertainment, pure and simple. I love his works, especially his joint magica playthrough with yogscast. ^_^ I simply could not stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    As usual, the fans come with excuses to cover for him. Listen here, he DOES need to be at the level cap, otherwise you can guarantee that he cannot give proper criticism as he himself hasnt experienced the content.
    Sure he can.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    I love the cynical brit. Even if he's not authentic, he does what he has set out to do: entertain people. Don't take his shows like a news show. Its entertainment, pure and simple. I love his works, especially his joint magica playthrough with yogscast. ^_^ I simply could not stop laughing.
    He has set out to cause shitstorms, flamewars, to troll and to gain as much attention as possible. Says it in his own posts here.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delekth View Post
    Sure he can.
    Right, so HE hasnt done a single heroic, no where near raids, he rarely plays at all and hasnt completed much of the quest content, yet we can expect him to have an educated opinion of the difficulty level and the overall state of end game? Ill say this again, BULL. SHIT.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    He has set out to cause shitstorms, flamewars, to troll and to gain as much attention as possible. Says it in his own posts here.
    exactly. And he does it so well. A good troll can be quite entertaining. ^_^ Why else do people sit in trade chat and annoy the crap outta people sometimes? Its fun.

Gotta love people replying to OP without reading the rest of the thread ........ and without even checking the date when it was posted .......

Anyway, if you don't like TB, don't watch his videos. Simple as that.
    Fans are not going to care about your opinion if you're a hater. Haters are not going to care about your opinion if you're his fan.
    Haters gonna hate him. Fans will keep defending him.
    Let this topic die and don't necro it again ......

Knock knock! ...Mods, you awake yet? We need a lock over here.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'm still sleeping omg. Just a few more minutes, okay?

(As a side note, please don't necro 9-10 month old threads. :<)
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines