RealID Compromise Call to Action

I have posted in the ultra mega legendary thread what I believe to be a reasonable and feasible compromise. Of course it already had 6 pages of posts behind it while my browser was refreshing. I think the solution would allow Blizzard to save face and let us have a chance to play the game and use the new forum as we wish.

Please take a look at the text from my post below and if you agree, post it or your take on it in the Blizzard thread. Perhaps if they see a common thread for a compromise Blizzard can get the train back on the tracks.

My original post:

I understand that divulging this information is voluntary and only if you wish to connect with friends via RealID or post on the upcoming forum.

I am asking that you consider allowing the use of a single nickname or alternative to our first and last name. It may not have the direct impact on out of control forum posters that you are seeking but I believe there are some simple mechanics which could address that.

If you are implementing a rate this post function why not allow the community to police itself? If I post like a jerk give other posters the ability to lock me out unless I subsequently agree to revealing my full name and all of my associated characters?

Wouldn't this give you the same insular barrier against anonymous trolls for paid employees to deal with while allowing people who wish to remain anonymous and behave the ability to still participate in the forums? Additionally, anyone who is comfortable revealing that information could do so whenever they wanted.

People who legitimately want to be immersed in your new social networking world can. Those that do not won't have to. Blizzard winds up with the same net accountability for forum moderation. Am I missing anything in your stated or intended goals?

15+ Year Old Account
    after 3 days, you think offical forum posters would learn:

STOP MAKING THESE DAMN THREADS.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Doctor View Post
    I have posted in the ultra mega legendary thread what I believe to be a reasonable and feasible compromise. Of course it already had 6 pages of posts behind it while my browser was refreshing. I think the solution would allow Blizzard to save face and let us have a chance to play the game and use the new forum as we wish.

Please take a look at the text from my post below and if you agree, post it or your take on it in the Blizzard thread. Perhaps if they see a common thread for a compromise Blizzard can get the train back on the tracks.

My original post:

I understand that divulging this information is voluntary and only if you wish to connect with friends via RealID or post on the upcoming forum.

I am asking that you consider allowing the use of a single nickname or alternative to our first and last name. It may not have the direct impact on out of control forum posters that you are seeking but I believe there are some simple mechanics which could address that.

If you are implementing a rate this post function why not allow the community to police itself? If I post like a jerk give other posters the ability to lock me out unless I subsequently agree to revealing my full name and all of my associated characters?

Wouldn't this give you the same insular barrier against anonymous trolls for paid employees to deal with while allowing people who wish to remain anonymous and behave the ability to still participate in the forums? Additionally, anyone who is comfortable revealing that information could do so whenever they wanted.

People who legitimately want to be immersed in your new social networking world can. Those that do not won't have to. Blizzard winds up with the same net accountability for forum moderation. Am I missing anything in your stated or intended goals?
    there no "accountability" unless somehow posting in your real name carrys an inherent risk that you'll be somehow punished for bad behaviour...

if they wanted "accountability" all they needed to do was link forum bans (both temporary and permanent) to account bans.

then you have something to lose. in RL. (that being access to the game)

the very idea that posting in your real name somehow means you have something hanging over your head that will make you behave is deeply creepy if you actually think about because the obvious question is what is this unnamed but infered sanction that will supposedly keep you in line.

it's like politicians saying ID cards will stop terrorists
    i really want someone to stand up and ask "how ?"
    and no one ever does because we've all be trained to swallow lines that sound good.
    think ffs !

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    after 3 days, you think offical forum posters would learn:

STOP MAKING THESE DAMN THREADS.
    things don't go away because you don't want to hear about them.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2010-07-09 at 02:47 PM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...