Poll: In the battle of the expansions, which one prevailed?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The Burning Crusade vs Wrath of the Lich King

Which expansion was better? The Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

BC, hands down

10+ Year Old Account
    Me thinks BC will win.
    Signatures are overrated.

BC i cant say i was a massive fan of wrath
    In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

I have to go with BC.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Karazhan.

ill go with Wrath tbh, simply because of one thing... phasing. it was a test platform me thinks... and see how pro it is in Cata i think that alone is the saving grace of WotLK, imo...

Deleted
    Not this shit again.

I accomplished more in Wrath as far as content and personal game goals, as stupid as that sounds. I'll throw on my rose tinted glasses and say BC was more enjoyable. Maybe because it was the expansion I started in and everything was new and exciting.

Being good at this game is not any easier then it used to be. Hiding the fact that you are a bad player is far easier, though.
    Now offering free Mammoth rides in the Dalaran sewer. Please do not be an engineer, priest, mage, paladin or druid. Thank you.

I hated the way BC was set up, especially at first. I raided during vanilla, and I despised having to go back through a long stupid series of quests to get a new recruit attuned to whatever you were doing right then. And TBC took that to a much more stupid extreme. Raiding in general had a 1,000g buy-in cost (getting attuned to Kara required a flying mount) and after that, it just got dumber and dumber. Acquiring badge gear was the biggest time-sink ever, especially when the Sunwell stuff came out. Hundreds of badges per piece? Pretty silly, imo.

Plus everything was purple. Everything. Virtually every instance in Outland had streamers of pink and/or purple mist wafting through it. The whole expansion looked like it was designed by the Fab Five from "Queer Eye." A lot of the gear looked bad and ridiculous ("Hey, look at my axe! It's about 25 different little floating pieces that don't touch each other, with a glowing ball of fabulousity in the center of it! That makes it KEWL N UNEEK!") and PvP was at it's absolute worst. The expansion responsible for changing PvP from a flashy slug-fest of big numbers and fast play to a boring suck-fest of spending 15 minutes waiting for crits against a Disc priest who could stand in one place and heal-tank you is not an expansion I will have fond memories of.

I don't care that raiding was "harder" or "more awesomer" or whatever people's rose colored glasses tell them it was. In WotLK, I maintain my own guild and I raid with my friends. We clear stuff slower than everyone else does in a lot of circumstances, but we see the content. And we do it with zero drama, and zero nerd-raging strangers.

In my personal opinion (and I understand it's only an opinion), TBC was a boring sophomore effort that flopped. WotLK was a strong follow-up, and fixed a lot of the things that were wrong with TBC.

p.s. The Warglaives... were seriously ugly, guys. They looked impractical and impossible to wield. Being 7 feet long and glowey in no way makes something look cool. Shadowmourne isn't much better, but... it IS better.

Definitely Wrath of the Lich King. I play a druid (actually druids) and I love having an out of combat resurrection spell as well as being able to root enemies indoors. I also like having an AOE spell other than 10 min cooldown tranquility for resto and 1 min cooldown hurricane for balance. Swipe hitting more than 3 targets is good too. I also like how Wrath crafted gear is not BOP. I also hated the pink/purple pastels of BC.

One thing I have to give BC is Karazhan, my favorite raid even to this day.

BC, evrything about it thats comparable to WotLK is better.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    the bc players are the new vanilla players

i personally say wrath cause tehre was actually a story before icc

no real story until sunwell for tbc

also im not the type to jump on a band wagon

Once I hit 70 Wrath was released so I am going to have to say Wrath although Zangarmarsh is the best leveling zone in the game IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post
    I hated the way BC was set up, especially at first. I raided during vanilla, and I despised having to go back through a long stupid series of quests to get a new recruit attuned to whatever you were doing right then. And TBC took that to a much more stupid extreme. Raiding in general had a 1,000g buy-in cost (getting attuned to Kara required a flying mount) and after that, it just got dumber and dumber. Acquiring badge gear was the biggest time-sink ever, especially when the Sunwell stuff came out. Hundreds of badges per piece? Pretty silly, imo.

Plus everything was purple. Everything. Virtually every instance in Outland had streamers of pink and/or purple mist wafting through it. The whole expansion looked like it was designed by the Fab Five from "Queer Eye." A lot of the gear looked bad and ridiculous ("Hey, look at my axe! It's about 25 different little floating pieces that don't touch each other, with a glowing ball of fabulousity in the center of it! That makes it KEWL N UNEEK!") and PvP was at it's absolute worst. The expansion responsible for changing PvP from a flashy slug-fest of big numbers and fast play to a boring suck-fest of spending 15 minutes waiting for crits against a Disc priest who could stand in one place and heal-tank you is not an expansion I will have fond memories of.

I don't care that raiding was "harder" or "more awesomer" or whatever people's rose colored glasses tell them it was. In WotLK, I maintain my own guild and I raid with my friends. We clear stuff slower than everyone else does in a lot of circumstances, but we see the content. And we do it with zero drama, and zero nerd-raging strangers.

In my personal opinion (and I understand it's only an opinion), TBC was a boring sophomore effort that flopped. WotLK was a strong follow-up, and fixed a lot of the things that were wrong with TBC.

p.s. The Warglaives... were seriously ugly, guys. They looked impractical and impossible to wield. Being 7 feet long and glowey in no way makes something look cool. Shadowmourne isn't much better, but... it IS better.
    This sums it up nicely. WotLK has its flaws, but BC was an exercise in frustration.

BC sucked. you hardly progressed past the first tier of the raiding. every guild on my server farmed nothing but karazhan and heroics THE ENTIRE DANG EXPANSION!! the foreign appearance of the new zones masked the fact that the quests were very VERY similar to vanilla. kill 15 boars to kill 15 felboars.

WotLK introduced vehicle mechanics which revolutionized questing and made me enjoy it much more, the scenery and music was beautiful, and they actually let you see more than 1/5 of the raids! I entered (but didn't complete) every single raid in the entire expansion and got to fight at least half of the bosses. huge improvement, but the removal of attunements let more idiots in = kept the content hard due to that.

cataclysm promises to revamp quests using their vehicle and phasing mechanics and make heroics a tad harder because they were just pitiful this time around. spectacular, i look forward to it.

to give BC credit though, the instance i was forced to run the entire expansion (karazhan) was really well-made.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2010-07-10 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Which expansion was better? The Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King?
    I definately had more fun playing BC, but I can't honestly say why.

Also, the players became way more immature during wrath. Was it just my server? It's often unbearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade because of Blood Elves
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

I personally hate everything about BC.
    I'm an old player, going back to vanilla and all, but I just couldn't get all that into BC at all.

Yes, I raided, I experienced most of it, but in Wrath, I just feel it has all been improved.
    Leveling was actually FUN for once!
    I loved raiding in Wrath, the sights in Northrend, leveling, as I've said before, and everything else (even item looks).
    Also, one of my favorite reasons, the music was just fitting and it sounded great while doing it!
    It was by far the best for music in game, imo.

I vote 100% Wrath.

Everything was better in TBC you had great raids, great world pvp (like the isle of Q was so much joy they should bring it back in cata i miss it )
    Gear looked better and there was no SOTA IOTC or WG thank god Vech pvp is horrid