Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need help improving Retri DPS.

Using Rawr I should be doing an estimated 5,579 DPS over a 5 minute fight. However, on the Heroic Training Dummy i'm doing no where near that. I'm actually doing closer to 4.5k. What does it look like i'm doing wrong? My priority system is CS > Judg > DS > Exo > Con > HoW
    Big thanks to Shyama for the sig!

Horrible priority list and dps tests on a training dummy -.-

what setbonuses do you have?

Deleted
    you got rawr setup iwth raidbuffs and are hitting the dummy without these buff's? or you are just bad/have realy bad latency

I don't have Rawr set up with raid buffs.

Deleted
    Try rolling your face right to left or vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Training dummy is not a reliable source of what your dps is.
    Try actually going into a 10-man, you will most likely be doing around the dps rawr says you will be doing.

Edit: you ARE using seal of corruption... right?
    Last edited by Tusakano; 2010-07-10 at 06:34 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your so bad you make me cry ((
    L2 Elitis jerk srsly..

I would recommend looking up the retribution thread on Elitistjerks.com

And why arp trinkets as Retri? There is so many better ones out there!

I was using the Bandit's Insignia for a while and I rolled OS on the DBW when no one else rolled on it for either MS or OS. It was a DPS increase from the Bandit's Insignia. Trust me, if I could get my hands on a WFS or Tiny Abom, I would.

Edit: Thanks Tusakano for the helpful answer. And yes, i'm using Ven.
    Last edited by AQrunnr; 2010-07-10 at 06:40 PM.

To start with you're wasting expertise
    Then you don't have the T9 2 set which is better than your asorted ICC epics
    Then you're also using a terrible priority system
    You should be using something like:
    Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism

Also Rawr will be factoring in trinkets and procs with perfect RNG, and HoW which I'm guessing you're not able to use properly on a target dummy.

Another problem with Rawr may be that the training dummys are mechanical, thus Crusade and other target specific buffs may not work.

Also in regards to your trinkets, I'm unsure how it will rate with your gear but I know for me the ilvl 200 heroism trinket is better than the Scorpion, which I'm fairly sure will be the same for you, as I have much more Armor Pen to put me closer to the cap with the trinket proc.
    Last edited by Xs; 2010-07-10 at 06:40 PM.

Rawr is actually saying that the ArP Trink from NToC5 is more of a DPS increase than both the Scorpion and the Mirror. The Banner of Victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AQrunnr View Post
    Rawr is actually saying that the ArP Trink from NToC5 is more of a DPS increase than both the Scorpion and the Mirror. The Banner of Victory.
    Then it would seem rawr is lying to you, arp is 100% useless for paladins. Mirror of truth would be better than scorpion.
    The only reason it would say banner of victory is better is from the procc on it. Im not sure what it does and does not stack with though.

I've also read that ArP isn't 100% useless to Paladins. I think it's in Ronarks guide where it says it. ArP actually affects only melee attacks such as CS, DS, White, ect... So I don't think it's 100% useless.

Edit: Not sure on this. You may be right.

Edit edit:
    Armor Penetration
    ArP only affects about 35% of our damage, making it our least desired stat. 13.8 rating now gives you 1% armor piercing; unlike BC, you can no longer fully ignore boss or player armor via this stat. ArPen does NOT increase damage done by seals or judgements, just white damage, CS and DS.
    Taken from EJ.

Deleted
    ARP really is not 100 % useless.

It's just a very bad stat, but it is still affecting quite some attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stand corrected, not 100% useless since paladins do white attacks and such but many of our attacks are spell damage (like enhance shamans) and is why they dont stack arp, and it would be best to avoid arp as much as possible, the amount you get from just random warrior gear should be enough though, arp trinkets on the other hand are a waste of a slot.

You are correct that the Banner is better, even though its poorly itemised for us, purely by the fact that its proc is higher than the badge trinket

Armor pen, while our poorest stat (bar SP) is still not far behind the other secondary stats

i would advise you to get 4piece t10 as quickly as possible and then change your priority system to judgement>ds>cs>HoW>consecration>exo. you should be doing ok then

Thanks for the help everyone!