Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    warrior tank: gimme a sec guys my rage bar is empty
    *thinks about his awful roommate and that yappy dog*
    warrior tank: GRAAAAAHHH! ME SMASH PUNY INSTANCE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Refreshing spring water is pretty close to lake water (Maybe a bit above)

Springs should give you that buff, lakes should give you half that. I'd help at low levels, which is the only time it's needed.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    lmao, what is that, a goblin orc boy?

I'm a rogue. I should be able to power nap to regain energy.

Sounds just as ridiculous buddy.

Have you never watched Man vs. Wild? NEVER EVER drink from standing water. Ideal breeding place for bacteria, one dead animal in there and you'll have diarrhea for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post
    I'm a rogue. I should be able to power nap to regain energy.
    Actually you guys do have tea to regain energy........
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
    Have you never watched Man vs. Wild? NEVER EVER drink from standing water. Ideal breeding place for bacteria, one dead animal in there and you'll have diarrhea for days.
    I dunno about you, but I prefer diarrhea over dying of thirst.

I don't see how taking a drink from a river or something to restore mana is a ridiculous idea. How many raids are filled with water? Going to drink the slime from Naxx? Eat snow in Ulduar? Blood in the Crimson Halls? Hardly OP/unfair at all in my opinion.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I dunno about you, but I prefer diarrhea over dying of thirst.
    Dysentery is an inflammatory disorder of the intestine, especially of the colon, that results in severe diarrhea containing mucus and/or blood in the feces with fever and abdominal pain. If left untreated, dysentery can be fatal.

I'd rather die of thirst.

In Cata, Hunters should intently stare at things to generate Focus.

Warriors, Bear tanks and DKs should beat themselves up to generate Runic Power / Rage

Rogues and Kitty Druids should sit and drink a Monster every time they Sinister Strike something to generate Energy.

Everyone else should drink from filthy water to regenerate mana.

Sounds fun, right?
    Last edited by PunishedRagnarok; 2010-07-12 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    Mana should just regenerate like the other class resources. Death Knights, Rogues, and Hunters (Come Cataclysm) don't have to drink or anything to get their resources back. They just wait like 10 seconds and they're back to full power. Mana users have to sit outside of combat drinking water for about 30 seconds to be back at full power, which really isn't really balanced.

What I think they should do is make it that so after you're out of combat for around 10 seconds, make your mana regenerate at like 25% every 2 seconds or something like that.
    Give Rogues, DKs, Warriors and (Cata)Hunters all about 22k Energy, Runic Power, Rage and Focus. Then we'll talk.
    Stream: Gurkalicious

Quote Originally Posted by McGurk View Post
    Give Rogues, DKs, Warriors and (Cata)Hunters all about 22k Energy, Runic Power, Rage and Focus. Then we'll talk.
    Better yet, we should remove cooldowns from the game too!

Edit: Also, Im stood next to this lake...

*insert joke about tauren milking himself*

en,wikipedia,org/wiki/LifeStraw

Works for me.

(Yeah no links for me )

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Thank you.
    Oddly enough this happens irl as well. One of the better friends I had before I moved away from Michigan really hated me when we first met. In passing I told her one of her drawings was nice one day, she thought it was sarcasm, I told her I was being sincere. After that point she practically jumped all over me when we were together.
    I guess I'm weird.
    Michigan's nice, at this time of year

sometimes...

EDIT: *Cough* To be on topic though... It would be cool if we could take water from specific spots in the game (water springs, certain rivers, lakes, etc.) and get water that restored a different percentage of mana depending on the purity level of the water. If the water was below a certain purity level, it could also leave a long-lasting debuff on your character (2 hours, impossible to dispell), which stunted one or two stats for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeris View Post
    en,wikipedia,org/wiki/LifeStraw

Works for me.

(Yeah no links for me )
    It helps if all the periods weren't commas.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Dysentery is an inflammatory disorder of the intestine, especially of the colon, that results in severe diarrhea containing mucus and/or blood in the feces with fever and abdominal pain. If left untreated, dysentery can be fatal.

I'd rather die of thirst.
    I'd also like to point out that not all lakes are like this. Only a "dead" lake is a bad place to drink from, as it has no feeder and low water movement, makes ya sick. Lakes and rivers aren't going to make you double over and blow bloody shit across the rocks. I know, as I have drank from lakes and rivers while fishing, and have always been perfectly fine. Of course this is neither here nor there, and completely off-topic.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to venture a guess that Negridoom's brilliant use of emotive pictures is entirely purposeful for not only showcasing (her?) personality but to annoy the fuck out of people. As an artist, I think it's cute. I have no idea why people get so ragetastic over it. Especially when they insult the art style like it shot their mama.
    Hey! Dead parents make for good super heroes.

Anyway. Why don't we stop complaining about a game mechanic that has been in place, not just in Wow, but in many other MMO's long before and after it. I don't want all energy sources to replenish the same. It reminds me of Blizzard's comments on the DK system, and how they came up with something familiar, but unique, to give the class a new feeling to the game. That's probably one reason behind the trade of mana for focus in hunters. To widdle down the repetitive use of mana based classes, especially for a class that is primarily physical damage.

Besides. Why does it matter anyway? What is so ridiculously important that you can't spare 20 seconds to sit and drink? Raids? Because I'm pretty sure that raid dynamics almost always ensure that you're going to have mana replenishment of some kind. Innervate, life tap, viper aspect, evocation, totems, Spriest- I don't even know all of the mana regen talents and spells in this game.
    Axetoface.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    That may have a negative effect on PVP.
    Yeah, I kinda figured. It's hard to think of some helpful class mechanic without it screwing up PvP in some way. I did kinda take PvP into consideration a little bit, but apparently not enough. =\

Also, since this has become a thread about you pictures, I have a need to say that I do like them. Like Dark Side said, it helps distinguish yourself as a poster instead of being just another number.
    Last edited by Thorzon; 2010-07-12 at 06:12 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    It's illegal in 6 states, and frowned upon in 19 more.
    Vote ?

---------- Post added 2010-07-12 at 08:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
    MAN VS WILD + A HELICOPTER AND A GROUND TEAM TO FIL ME THAT DOSNET SCARE ANY OF THE BEAST'S.
    If we talk about the same show where theres like a guy surviveing in a wild area for few day's