Thread: Hit Problems

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop gemming spellpower and gem pure hit? Or did you not get a second weapon to do that with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipeve View Post
    I read that wiki article, It was very informative.
    omg...

If he was a bad troll, why did people feed him?
    Oh that's right, most people are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Solids99 View Post
    Beause he is so bad that it becomes fun. It's like poking a Bear, it's a bad idea but the results can be awesome.

its cool actually you have 134,5% hit against boss mobs really nice

you should read the wiki correctly - you have a base hit chance of 83% against mobs wich are 3 levels above your own = boss mobs

so you need only 17% i hope you get now

just another sad story :/
    Last edited by Toccata; 2010-07-12 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    Stop gemming spellpower and gem pure hit? Or did you not get a second weapon to do that with.
    I felt that I was reaching a dead end with my gear set the way it was, so I came to these forums for more advice.
    I don't have an ego, I just love how awesome I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Solids99 View Post
    troll or not his spec shows me that he got no clue about his character at all

LOL this thread made my day... Quite how someone can't grasp the concept of a hit cap is hilarious even with some really good genuine advice going on.

Gotta call troll on this one

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me cry as a Mage. I see so much potential in his gear that it pains me to see someone ruin that gear with those gems/enchants.

/tear

Ok after I stopped laughing, lets try to be helpful even if it may feed a dangerous troll:

The quotation from what I believe is wowwiki refers to the state of hit in tbc, where the highest possible hit chance was 99%. But only a small portion of it has to come from hit rating. At Lv 80 your chance to hit a raid boss completely naked is 83%. Now considering talents and raid setup, the hit needed from gear is 10,11,13,14,16,17%. If you don't want to worry just aim for talents only.

100%>17%. Is math somehow different on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Alipeve View Post
    What pieces of gear do you guys recommend for reaching the hit cap?

I've done pretty much everything I can and I can't seem to reach 100%

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ion&cn=Alipeve

Any pointers would be helpful, thanks.
    hahaha made my day

Ok, it's gone past funny, can we get a lock now please.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccata View Post
    its cool actually you have 134,5% hit against boss mobs really nice

you should read the wiki correctly - you have a base hit chance of 83% against mobs wich are 3 levels above your own = boss mobs

so you need only 17% i hope you get now

just another sad story :/
    this

Yes, you need to aim for 0% hit, that way you eat the whole pie. 17% - 0% = no pie left!

Deleted
    Ugh, pure hit gemming that poor, poor gear ='(

Troll obviously. OP isnt doing anything with the solution/info we give him..
    Sad story that some ppl need to get attention this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Moon View Post
    Ok after I stopped laughing, lets try to be helpful even if it may feed a dangerous troll:

The quotation from what I believe is wowwiki refers to the state of hit in tbc, where the highest possible hit chance was 99%. But only a small portion of it has to come from hit rating. At Lv 80 your chance to hit a raid boss completely naked is 83%. Now considering talents and raid setup, the hit needed from gear is 10,11,13,14,16,17%. If you don't want to worry just aim for talents only.
    Oh I see, You guys are misunderstanding me. A boss is level 83, but the mobs in cataclysm are higher than that. I'm not going for some stupid raid related hit 'cap.' I'm trying to make it so I never miss while grinding level 85 mobs once cata comes out. I'm sorry, I should have clarified myself better.

So does anyone know some better items available outside of heroic ICC that can help me with my dilemma?

Dusttoes, is it you? =)

I can use paint too.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.