Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know this earlier.. but I really know for sure now.
    Engineering people are retarded, can't think for themselves, don't understand common sense or logic.
    I did not know it was this bad.
    Have a nice day.

With a profession that could go farther than any other with ideas, they give us this so far.

they have increased armor of everything except plate!!

277 items

cloth chest - 369armor
    plate chest - 2800 armor

cata items
    cloth- 1200 armor
    plate - 3000 ...

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Because they want to be able to justify having the profession they love so much on the character they play the most. If it doesn't have a bonus equal to that of other professions in terms of stats then they will be laughed at or told to change professions. Blizzard is trying to make it so that all professions give the same stats across the board.

Don't worry, engineering will still get something mad (like the Mechano hog :P).
    It's pretty simple, really. A profession can't have fun gadgets AND the same stat bonus as other professions because that means everyone will have it, so I foresee even duller engineering options in Cata.

BC's stuff was pretty cool, but it couldn't compare to the MC cap, charge helmet, or other Use items that were situational but awesome. BC had 3 good items: rocket boots, flame turret, and the transporter's malfunctions.

LK's engineering is just horrible. There's nothing fun. You can say the attachments are kind of neat, but they're just trinket effects that do nothing unique. Jeeves is a repairbot, the bikes are just mounts, and almost everything else is a direct conversion of old recipes. The exception is the X-Ray specs. The one fun item.

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 06:54 AM ----------

If you're not getting the most (or at least comparable) out of what you can do you're letting 9 (or 24) other people down. This isn't a "12 year old raid leader" comment. It's a fact. In my case I dropped Engineering, which I really enjoyed, for Jewelcrafting when my Death Knight hit 80 at the start of the expansion so that I'd have that little extra health and wanted to be the best tank I could (the other prof he had was Mining which gave the same stam bonus regardless). Now I've taken up Engineering up on my alt for bgs and wg.
    It was your own choice to sacrifice fun to satiate the need to turn a game into a job, not mine or Blizzard's. You decided that, hey, that 40 stamina and peer approval is far more important than what YOU want in the game.

Comments like this one I'm quoting and the "OMG ENGINEERING IS AWESOME I R REROLLING" earlier in the thread paint a bleak picture of what it is people want in this game. How can you get excited from copy/pasted JC gems for engineers? Do you have any interest in "fun" at all?

Blizzard's attitude seems to be very simple as well: they want all professions to be on an equal footing with regards to stats so that it's down to the player's choice which they have on their favorite character.
    It's just ridiculous that Blizzard is wanting things to be balanced and have fun gadgets.

5 bowls of ice cream are laid out before you in equal amounts. They are all different flavors, but you'd like them all. But one of them has hot fudge on it. Ask any kid and they're gonna go for the hot fudge one because it is the same amount of ice cream with extra fun stuff. They'd probably ponder their decision more if there was less ice cream with the hot fudge, and that's what we (non engineers) want. The other flavors of ice cream will pale in comparison to something with so much extra stuff at no cost.

Lame video narration. Lame². I know it was said a bunch of times before, but it had to be said again to preserve balance in the universe. Totalbiscuit could expound on metaphysical meanings behind the quest about Mankrik's wife for an hour and be more entertaining.

As for engineering, how many times has one profession or another suddenly become the flavor of the moment and all the obsessive-compulsive types immediately switch to it to eke out 0.2% more DPS or whatever only to switch again when some later change might spreadsheet out to be 0.2% beyond that. If you're chasing them to the point that you're only taking them for that, good luck ever catching it or being satisfied with it. I'd love to see them add some unique effects to engineering as well, don't get me wrong, but realistically anything useful is just going to be a copy of something else that some other class or profession provides, or it'll be a novelty that doesn't have any meaningful impact on encounters. It's been that way for years.

I have now rerolled Engineering for the epic-ness, rawr.

10+ Year Old Account
    My hunter is extremely excited for new toys! =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiermama View Post
    It's just ridiculous that Blizzard is wanting things to be balanced and have fun gadgets.

5 bowls of ice cream are laid out before you in equal amounts. They are all different flavors, but you'd like them all. But one of them has hot fudge on it. Ask any kid and they're gonna go for the hot fudge one because it is the same amount of ice cream with extra fun stuff. They'd probably ponder their decision more if there was less ice cream with the hot fudge, and that's what we (non engineers) want. The other flavors of ice cream will pale in comparison to something with so much extra stuff at no cost.

Soz i dont like anything on my icecreams, so i would pick the ones without hot fudge.

Dont talk for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    they have increased armor of everything except plate!!

277 items

cloth chest - 369armor
    plate chest - 2800 armor

cata items
    cloth- 1200 armor
    plate - 3000 ...
    You're an idiot if you missed that. It was announced MONTHS and MONTHS ago that they'd be bringing he armor types closer together in Cata. Get fucked.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    Giving engineering the same stat bonusses as other profs on top of it's gadgets... does not seem fair, at all.
    Except for the fact that those gadgets are mostly just for fun and can't even be used in situations where they would give you some advantage, like arena for instance.

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11 View Post
    You're an idiot if you missed that. It was announced MONTHS and MONTHS ago that they'd be bringing he armor types closer together in Cata. Get fucked.
    Show us on the doll where your father touched you.

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nachogod View Post
    LK's engineering is just horrible. There's nothing fun. You can say the attachments are kind of neat, but they're just trinket effects that do nothing unique. Jeeves is a repairbot, the bikes are just mounts, and almost everything else is a direct conversion of old recipes. The exception is the X-Ray specs. The one fun item.
    You're a retard. Engineering is a better profession in LK than it ever was in previous expansions. Oh and Jeeves is NOT just a repair bot, he is a portable butler that offers remote BANKING for the engineer. And engineers also have portable MAIL BOXES. If you can't figure out why those items alone are better than any other engineering items you should probably consider getting tested for autism.
    Last edited by Bucky Mclachlan; 2010-07-13 at 07:13 PM.

im srsly glad i rerolled engi in start of wrath, its prob the most fun proffession u get all this useless shit but still funneh, and then u get some awesome enchants etc. +in the start of the expansions, the head-pieces are gr8 tbh

---------- Post added 2010-07-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

i just think its a lil weird, the gloves enchant, does the same as the ones here in wrath? same dmg, and same haste?:| really hope it will be duplicated or something

Oh yea 3rd engineering toon coming up and 4th. Nice eye candies for engineering profession.