Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Red face /Camp With Caution!

So... I just had this thought.
    Imagine you logged out in the barrens and when you log back in you are free falling into a canyon of lava. "Oh Sh-" Or worse... The land by the canyon is somewhat raised, right? What if you logged out at that X,Y,Z position pre-cataclysm; then when you log back in your Z is bellow the ground and you're free falling into the nothingness bellow the map.

I really don't expect this to happen to someone, unless they deliberately try it.
    Just an interesting/funny thought. :]
    That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you get teleported to your race capitals when the expansion hits..?
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

15+ Year Old Account
    Think I'm gonna do this on one of my characters for shits n giggles

Deleted
    Id imagine blizzard will make it so players start in their capital city at X,Y. So the dwarves start in Ironforge, Humans in stormwind, etc etc. Thats the only real logical fix for this kind of stuff :P

everyone will get ported to org/stormwind etc before cata, or so i believe.

I predict massive lag and mass DCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feythir View Post
    I don't think they've said anything about that, but it seems likely that they'll do something of the sort.

Knowing blizzard they will ruin that kind of fun, by porting everyone to Ogrimmar or something.

happenend to me once, fell right through the floor, I just died and was able to ressurect at the graveyard, was funny to see though

The general consensus is that Blizzard has stated you will be automatically put into your race's home city to avoid any major problems. I have yet to see an official post, but this seems quite reasonable and expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Feythir View Post
    Something like that, probably, but I'm logging a character out on the fault line (and another one in the Stormwind park) just in case.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I recall a bunch of jackasses logged in Naxx and when 3.0 hit bitched because their characters wouldnt log in for a week. So either you start in your city(assuming this because most of Azeroth will change), or you can repeat this jackassery and bitch because you wanted to "see what would happen"

15+ Year Old Account
    People will find themselves at their Hearthstone locations when logging in after patch 4.0.
    (well, that or the racial capital crap, but this one makes more sense to me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post
    People will find themselves at their Hearthstone locations when logging in after patch 4.0.
    Do you have a source?

i read somewhere that they will indd port you to your faction city like said dwoof IF human SW cant find where i read it but trust me i did somehwere
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

15+ Year Old Account
    From how WotLK Expansion release worked....you don't even need to logout, seeing how they just opened the Northrend zone ;P

So I'm not sure they will force you to logout, or that the Cataclysm events won't have started changing the zones already. From what I understand the Cataclysm should have happen and people rebuilt/taking over new places as the Expansion hits. (Sounds very different from what I posted in another thread but anyway )

10+ Year Old Account
    Some blues addressed this at the end of a dev chat a while back, they stated it's most probable that players will be placed in faction capitals. Seeing as how so much terrain is changing they don't want to see people ending up inside walls or stuck where they cannot get out. So to avoid mass GM petitions about stuck characters, players will be moved somewhere safe while logging in. I also doubt they want the forums filled with angry posts from people logged out in Stormwind park who cannot log in correctly and have had to wait three days with no response.

15+ Year Old Account
    @FaxEmUp

If people actually got stuck they could easily use Hearthstone or the Unstuck option :P

I hope all will be ported to dala...
    lagg would awesome :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    From how WotLK Expansion release worked....you don't even need to logout, seeing how they just opened the Northrend zone ;P

So I'm not sure they will force you to logout, or that the Cataclysm events won't have started changing the zones already. From what I understand the Cataclysm should have happen and people rebuilt/taking over new places as the Expansion hits. (Sounds very different from what I posted in another thread but anyway )
    Well, in this case the changes will come with patch 4.0, whereas Outland and Northrend were simply activated when their respective expansions were released. In order to patch the game, they shut down the servers, which means you'll be forced to log out when patch time comes, and when you log back in you'll be in the new Azeroth.

Deleted
    when WOTLK came my pet was under the effect of beastial wrath when i logged out before the patch.

Then afterwards my pet had beastial wrath for 27 day duration. There was also many things where you kept the buffs you had and also had massive duration. Dono what your doing but i know im gona log out with heroism and elemental mastery :P