Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy What the bleep happened to Kul Tiras?

Ok so this thing has been bothering me for 5 years now. The City State of Kul Tiras (http://www.wowwiki.com/Kul_Tiras), in my opinion the awesomest of the Seven Kingdoms, wasn't in the original Warcraft game. But if you check out this old map you can see where it should have been added: (http://wowerc.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/worldmap.gif) I was like hmkay why not and I guessed because it was an island and in vanilla there weren't any islands really. Except Teldrassil which made me throw my hypothesis out of the window again.

Then TBC was released and because they added the whole word of Draenor it made sense they wouldn't add Kul Tiras since that was in the old world. But they added the Draenei isles. ARGH

Then WotLK was released and because they added Northrend it made sense they wouldn't add stuff in the old world. Right?

Well and now after 5 years I was sure that Kul Tiras would finally come to life in the Cataclysm expansion. Since they're redoing the old world and filling up all the empty areas on the world map.

But I just checked the world map on the front page and what doth I see?! No Kul Tiras! Only Tol Barad which was supposed to be right next to Kul Tiras.

Why Blizzard why oh why is the coolest of the old Human Nations not added to the game? The Alliance is losing so much territory to the Horde in the Cataclysm expansion, and I know Blizzard loves Horde more than Alliance (Metzen said so). But I just don't understand why such a cool concept of a rich trade sea-faring, merchant ship, naval warfare Island named Kul Tiras is not in the game! We lose Southshore, we lose Stromgarde, it's not going to the Alliance like it should, we get kicked out of Silverpine Forest, Gilneas joins the Alliance but gets fucked over by the Horde so we don't get it either, Stormwind gets smashed by Deathwing while Orgrimmar remains unharmed and we don't get Kul Tiras!

I just don't get how Blizzard can decide not to add this. It's like you're drawing a world map of Great Britain but you decide to leave the Isle of Man out of it!

Does anyone else want to see Kul Tiras in all its glory?

The coolest of the old Human nations is going to be in-game: Gilneas.

Poor Kul Tiras got shifted further out to sea by the Cataclysm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to Kul Tiras you ask?

If you have Beta, or have watched any Beta Video related to Azshara you should see that big cannon at the goblin place. It is stated that it's aimed at Stormwind.

That's not entirely true...

Tectonic plate activity from the Cataclysm has supposedly shifted Kul Tiras out to sea. I think Bornakk said it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The southernmost capital city in the world, NZ
    From blue-poster Bornakk:
    Q: Will we be hearing from any of the old or neglected human nations in Cata, specifically Stromgarde, Kul'tiras, and the remnants of Alterac (hey, Deathwing paraded around as an Alterac noble before)?
    A: With the revamp of the classic World of Warcraft zones, players will get a chance to see how the fallen nations of Stromgarde and Alterac have fared over the last few years. Kul Tiras, the island nation, will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea....
    Comes across as a lore lampshading to me. Gilneas had a far more plausible reason for its absence.

will not be visible at the start of Cataclysm – something about tectonic plates shifting it out to sea....
    I was thinking that KT would be part of a great seas expansion. But this statement makes it sound like they will patch it in during Cata.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegos View Post
    Why Blizzard why oh why is the coolest of the old Human Nations not added to the game? The Alliance is losing so much territory to the Horde in the Cataclysm expansion, and I know Blizzard loves Horde more than Alliance (Metzen said so). But I just don't understand why such a cool concept of a rich trade sea-faring, merchant ship, naval warfare Island named Kul Tiras is not in the game! We lose Southshore, we lose Stromgarde, it's not going to the Alliance like it should, we get kicked out of Silverpine Forest, Gilneas joins the Alliance but gets fucked over by the Horde so we don't get it either, Stormwind gets smashed by Deathwing while Orgrimmar remains unharmed and we don't get Kul Tiras!
    I dont understand this either.

And that bloody goblin cannon in Azshara better get fucked up by the Skybreaker during the first day in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by deepred View Post
    From blue-poster Bornakk:

Comes across as a lore lampshading to me. Gilneas had a far more plausible reason for its absence.
    Aww thanks I hadn't seen Bornakk's post. That really is a poor excuse

Would you rather here, "We don't have the time to design the zone, so we didn't put it in, give us a few months," or the lolore they gave?

..Well actually.. Yea nevermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    My idea of what will happen in wow: Next expansion is Emerald dream then Great Sea (they will be the major faction in this x-pack, kind of like the argent crusade in WotLK) just an idea though

10+ Year Old Account
    The Kul'Tirans are having a beach party with the Zandalari trolls now; I think it will be awhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desimar View Post
    My idea of what will happen in wow: Next expansion is Emerald dream then Great Sea (they will be the major faction in this x-pack, kind of like the argent crusade in WotLK) just an idea though
    Read Stormrage. There wont be an Emerald Dream expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Desimar View Post
    What would an Emerald Dream expansion be about?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotiz View Post
    Tectonic plate activity from the Cataclysm has supposedly shifted Kul Tiras out to sea. I think Bornakk said it?
    plot-tonic plates shifted it conveniently out of this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    What would an Emerald Dream expansion be about?
    About the world of Azeroth without sentient life?

Thus it being a whole continent, no war of the ancients would've happened, no splitting of earth, no Northrend, Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, but just Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegos View Post
    About the world of Azeroth without sentient life?

Thus it being a whole continent, no war of the ancients would've happened, no splitting of earth, no Northrend, Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, but just Kalimdor.
    So basically a huge zone full of friendlies that we go in and do collecting quests for?

I would like an Emerald Dream expansion too since I've been a Druid for the last 5+ years. However, I haven't read Stormrage though so I can't comment on that (didn't think the Emerald Nightmare was 100% resolved tho).

I am more excited for an Emerald Dream expansion more than anything else. Can you imagine how beautiful those zones would be? Just awesome.

As far as Kul Tiras goes though I'm surprised it isn't in. Seeing as we have the Maelstrom opening up and sea warfare is becoming a bigger issue it seems like Kul Tiras should be at the head of the Alliance's guns.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    So basically a huge zone full of friendlies that we go in and do collecting quests for?

I would like an Emerald Dream expansion too since I've been a Druid for the last 5+ years. However, I haven't read Stormrage though so I can't comment on that (didn't think the Emerald Nightmare was 100% resolved tho).
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Four_Dragons

Bunch of friendlies? want to go take off all your armour and weapons and /hug them?

But in all seriousness, the most likely course of ecents is: the nightmare goes after ther eye of Ysera ( http://www.wowwiki.com/Eye_of_Ysera ) while Ysera and her flight are off trying to kill Deathwing. Malfurion then opens a large portal in Hyjal where players 84+ can go to the dream. with those players npcs go too (it will kind of be like outland where there really are no friendly villager cottages all over the place like azeroth but it will have a giant feeling of a war) just my 2 cents though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    plot-tonic plates shifted it conveniently out of this expansion.
    That is sig worthy

Quote Originally Posted by robbaneken View Post
    Read Stormrage. There wont be an Emerald Dream expansion.
    False. They never defeated the Old God behind the Nightmare.