Where o where did On a pale horse go?

Anyone else notice that On a pale horse talent from unholy is missing in the new 31 point trees? I, for one, am going to miss it greatly.

Despite was was originally hinted at, it seams most of the "fun" talents have actually been removed from Unholy. On a Pale Horse, CE, Wandering Plague (maybe not fun in the traditional sense, but I thought it was interesting)...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Yep, I misspoke about Wandering Plague. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Last edited by Sarasyn; 2010-07-14 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Quick response without much thought
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Malsarys

My guess is it'll become a presence or something, similar to Paladin's Crusader Aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Verygrim View Post
    Not true. Wandering Plague "Ignores any target under the effect of a spell that is cancelled by taking damage." so it doesn't break CC.
    But that would still be "skill-less". Blizz is trying to make us actually plan and think, having an AoE that smartly chooses targets without any work from you isn't skill it leads to blind AoE spam. Blizz is getting away from that mentality and making people think.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    ..Blizz is trying to make us actually plan and think, ...
    How can you say that, when at the same time Blizz is currently designing talent trees that do not require thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasyn View Post
    Wandering Plague is/was uncontrolled AoE damage. If you consider that CC is supposed to be more important, Wandering Plague is going to be a detriment and make crowd controlling mobs much more difficult and annoying.
    Not true. Wandering Plague "Ignores any target under the effect of a spell that is cancelled by taking damage." so it doesn't break CC.

I think it's just gone
    Which would be very gay, because BM hunter and ret paladin got to keep theirs up till now.

On the other hand I still have my hopes up. They stated not too long ago (like somewhere today or yesterday) that the trees for some classes are far from as done as others are, and they said the DK ones are amongst those who are far from done.
    Which is good because Unholy is still bloated pve wise. They said you would have a cookie cutter build with some points left here and there which you could spend anywhere you like on fun talents as there are no options for dps improvement talents at that point.
    I hope they bring On a Pale Horse back (or something else for mounted speed, I personally don't care for the stun reduction) together with giving us some points to actually use it without lowering our dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked OaPH :< It was the only talent I actually sacrificed points which would increase damage to get. Best not be goin' away completely.

Wandering plague was removed because it isn't necessary any more, baseline diseases will scale with crit and haste in cataclysm. I don't think we need to be reminded about the sort of problems that we can end up with when stuff double dips from crit.

Bring corpse explode back as the Unholy RP dump imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Bring corpse explode back as the Unholy RP dump imo.
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    My guess is it'll become a presence or something, similar to Paladin's Crusader Aura.
    "On-A-Pale-Horse presence"

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    How can you say that, when at the same time Blizz is currently designing talent trees that do not require thought?
    They require more thought then the current trees imo. Atm it's just "alright I got a warrior, warrior forums, ah ok there's a best spec, done."
    Where's the thought in that? The whole point of the new trees is that you can think and decide where to put your points rather then just cookie-cutter specs

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Wandering plague was removed because it isn't necessary any more, baseline diseases will scale with crit and haste in cataclysm. I don't think we need to be reminded about the sort of problems that we can end up with when stuff double dips from crit.
    WP on the Twin Valkyrs was pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post
    They require more thought then the current trees imo. Atm it's just "alright I got a warrior, warrior forums, ah ok there's a best spec, done."
    Where's the thought in that? The whole point of the new trees is that you can think and decide where to put your points rather then just cookie-cutter specs
    The 31 point trees don't actually do much to fix that though. Almost all of the time for most specs of most classes there is no decision to be made about how to spec. Even if there was there will always be one spec that performs better than the others, the only way to fix that is to create a situation where there are multiple optimal specs with equal performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post
    Just because you weren't doing any of the thinking doesn't mean it wasn't being done...
    The so called cookie cutter specs you copy aren't pulled out of thin air. Many people theorize, test, and sim all the possibilities to come up with those specs. You should appreciate the work they put into the game for you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps they will change the "Improved" presences talents and somehow work in "On a Pale Horse" mechanics. Heh, Unholy Presence needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Wow you're dumb
    I would vastly prefer hearing from people who are dumb or, in the case of the person you referred to, uninformed, than from one like yourself who is simply an asshole.

Am I one of the only people that like on a pale horse for the stun resistance?

It was awesome when I was a orc.