Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Shaman OTing?

Do they intend on having Shamans OT? It seems weird that they'd give shammys a threat modifier and a taunt if this wasn't the intent. The threat gen makes sense for tanking but what about being crit-proof once they remove def cap and make it talent based.... I'm confused/ X_X

Ah is the level 1 Lava Burst the Elemental Overload proc?

The damage numbers make sense compared to the level 34 version. And hence why it is listed as a new spell.

Can't see the corresponding lightning and chain lightning ones though...

---------- Post added 2010-07-14 at 07:46 PM ----------

Also I think they can remove the "shares a cooldown" bit from Elemental Mastery and Nature's Swiftness since it's no longer possible to have both talents.

Quote Originally Posted by HeLpIaMaTrEe View Post
    just me that would like to see 2h enha once more?
    also cant earthern power be like it was before? or maybe like it only for the shaman cuz i understand that the problem was that it made classes like warrior to OP for arena
    I would really dislike Enhance Shamans if 2handed was the way to go in PvE, I dont even like 2Handed on Warriors, I was always 2x1 fury so yeah
    I suppose it would be alright if 2Handers were viable for those interested but would prefer 2x1 to always be the best either way, otherwise It wouldnt make sense for me to raid with 2x1 if 1x2 was better, and would probably end up in me ditching my shaman :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumis View Post
    Do they intend on having Shamans OT? It seems weird that they'd give shammys a threat modifier and a taunt if this wasn't the intent. The threat gen makes sense for tanking but what about being crit-proof once they remove def cap and make it talent based.... I'm confused/ X_X
    no they only put that in so when the tank dies and the healer pulls aggro the shaman can taunt off the healer and keep it from being an instant wipe. they're not supposed to tank just to be less squishy than the healer.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    no they only put that in so when the tank dies and the healer pulls aggro the shaman can taunt off the healer and keep it from being an instant wipe. they're not supposed to tank just to be less squishy than the healer.
    Except that requires that the shaman buff a weapon with Rockbiter THEN use Unleash Elements. And by that time the healer or whoever got aggro is dead.

So it basically has no purpose and Blizzard just plain has no idea what to do with Rockbiter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    wait - you are 11/12 in ICC HC and don't exactly know how maelstrom works?
    very funny

now it's like this:
    you spec 5 ranks, and each rank has a higher chance to proc the 5 times stackable buff maelstrom weapon.
    Each stack lowers the casting speed by 20%

so the rank is not important
    Quote Originally Posted by toroza View Post
    It is exactly the same as it is now. It just has 3 ranks instead of two. It still stacks 5 times with 20% at each stack. And as for 20% being on each rank, that because you gain stacks more often when you have more points into the talent.
    Misread the talent. My B. My eyes went straight to the number and I thought, "wait, 20%, I'm getting instants now!" Ah, I'm sleepy.

Wrath is probably the end for me, anyway. I don't like 10-mans much and it's hard enough as it is to recruit for 25s now, even with the better gear as incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Awanae View Post
    I don't know because warlock, mage and druid kept the talent to reduce the cast time except us...
    Actually mage's frostbolt/fireball reduced cast time talents were taken out as well. Frostbolt kind of kept a reduced cast time but at a 15 second cd.

Critical question about the information here for Resto Shamans:

The front page lists Earth Shield and Healing Focus (-70% pushback reduction) as Mastery benefits of choosing the resto tree. However, the Shaman page here says that Earth Shield is still not trainable until level 50, and makes no mention of Healing Focus. Which is correct?

Thanks!

Bwappo

I'm actually kind of disappointing with enhancement, i haven't looked over the other two specs, but i thought these changes in mind were also to stop cookie cutter builds, but now, instead of being cookie cutter with a few points to spend, enhancement has a fully fleshed out build that, if not followed, will make you sub par.

5/36/0

tell me in any other way could you build your enhancement shaman now?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Pokmin100
    How do you get it too 05/36/00? I would personally suggest 08/33/00

But I don't see how we can avoid having one optional spec, ever. One will always shine more than any others.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    Actually mage's frostbolt/fireball reduced cast time talents were taken out as well.
    thats because those spells had basic cast time reduced by 0,5 seconds, baseline is fireball 3.0 and frostbolt 2.5

stupid me actually put the three points in ancestral knowledge. your build seems better, but the point still stands as that being the only build, choosing a single other talent would be seen as unneeded.

Deleted
    I agree mate...and if they keep it useable inside...tht wood be pro

Hello shamans well 1 more question from me: what's going to be with "spirit link". Tried to find a post about it but haven't found any, propably i would have missed it. thx for your time replying

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post
    @Pokmin100
    How do you get it too 05/36/00? I would personally suggest 08/33/00

But I don't see how we can avoid having one optional spec, ever. One will always shine more than any others.
    Either could be best. No one can say for certain until some detailed analysis is done on our new mana generation mechanics. Considering we don't get intellect anymore, I think Blizz may be intending for us to take AK.

In my build I didn't take Ancesteral Swiftness. I've managed fine till now--I have two pairs of boots gemmed the same, one with engineering rockets and the other with tuskaar's vitality. I put the leftover two points into Imp Fire Nova as we would now.
    Last edited by Tore; 2010-07-15 at 01:23 AM.

WTB astral shift and booming echoes

If they're making weapon enchants exclusive, they should make WF and FB available a bit earlier IMHO

To all of the people who are all like "OMG WHERE DID MY CAST TIME REDUCTION GO FOR MY SHIT?!?!" Take a look at the primary skills that you learn for Elemental. Thunderstorm and Eye of the Storm.

Thunderstorm is the same but Eye of the Storm now incorporates the 70% pushback reduction with the 0.5 secs off Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Lava Burst.

Many of you probably already saw this but I just wanted to make sure that people know that they have no need to panic. You will still be a gatling gun of lightning.
    Metotka of <Phobia> (Area 52-US)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Metotka

Enhancement for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumis View Post

theres a good reason for that, with exception of shammies and rogues all other melee classes can hold a at least a single enemy on him

lemme show a example. back in wotlk beginning i was doing a group quest in grizzily hills with my enh shammie and a random mage, and the group was a disaster, even spaming frostshock who supposedly have increased threat i couldn't hold agro on the mobs

not only the mage was getting hit(and killed), but i had to keep running after the mobs that ran towards the mage

all other melee classes in the game could have poped defensive instance or whatever and held agro with the mobs while the mage nuked them, even without being in a tank spec, with exception of rogues that cant take the damage and actually like hitting things in the back :P

so, is not shammies becoming OT, is just something for small groups(or a 5man in a pinch)

Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak View Post
    One thing I noticed: the Lightning Mastery talent that reduces the cast time of LB, CL and LvB is missing from the elemental tree (it's a chubby talent, so no surprise)... but it isn't listed anywhere as a specialization bonus or that the spells themselves had their cast times lowered. I'm hoping this is an oversight of the changes, a beta quirk or a bug and not a deliberate overreaction to WotLK spell haste. :x
    I found the answer, this talent is now included in our new passive talent Eye of the storm