Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Whats your best DPS fight in ICC?

Hi, I was just wondering what other Ret pally's find is the boss in ICC in which they can hit the best dps (single target ofc) I have only downed 11/12 icc 10 and 9/12 icc 25 and personally I have found that ICC 25 Lord Marrowgar is where I do best, I would count in LK, but its kind of got alot of aoe possibilities in phase 1. So, what do you guys think?

Thx for reading
    (P.S this post is not about boasting what dps u can hit, just about where you personally do best )

Saurfang ;3 and Marrowgar but that depends on how many times he feels like piercing my ass.

Put queen lana thel aside...i don't think there is a better boss than Festergut to check your single target dps. Also DBS is a good fight but you have to be a bit cautious if your ranged dps are slacking that said my best dps output was 3-4 months ago at fester with 264 gear and 10-15% dps buff. i ended with 13800 dps. Must have been lucky with crits :P

Quote Originally Posted by wassam View Post
    Hi, I was just wondering what other Ret pally's find is the boss in ICC in which they can hit the best dps (single target ofc) I have only downed 11/12 icc 10 and 9/12 icc 25 and personally I have found that ICC 25 Lord Marrowgar is where I do best, I would count in LK, but its kind of got alot of aoe possibilities in phase 1. So, what do you guys think?

Thx for reading
    (P.S this post is not about boasting what dps u can hit, just about where you personally do best )
    So what is it? Single target or AoE lol...

TBH, that is a terrible question. There are only two single target fights in the entire instance.

Saurfang is not single-target because you splash on the Blood Beasts.
    Rotface allows for splash on the Big Ooze.
    Marrowgar has Bone Spike which throws off the numbers too.

The only two true single-target fights are Blood Queen Lanathel and Festergut.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Um, single target, im saying LK doesnt reallyu count because theres loads of aoe in phase one I think im awnsering your question anyway lol

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 04:35 PM ----------

Ok, fair enough, but there are some fights where aoe completely overrides your dps, and some where it alters in slightly.

(P.S sorry for horrible spelling mistakes, I normally type so fast i miss half the keys )
    Last edited by wassam; 2010-07-15 at 03:38 PM.

14.6k on saurfang 25 at 20% I think, I just ignored adds spawning and just did my rotation as normal.. but I think only 3-5% of my dmg was to adds that time ^^

adds on saurfang only take 10% of the aoe dmg done last time i checked. how can this be an aoe fight?

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    TBH, that is a terrible question. There are only two single target fights in the entire instance.

Saurfang is not single-target because you splash on the Blood Beasts.
    Rotface allows for splash on the Big Ooze.
    Marrowgar has Bone Spike which throws off the numbers too.

The only two true single-target fights are Blood Queen Lanathel and Festergut.
    lanathel is an aoe fight also. if you get the linky thingy debuff you do aoe dmg to your allies...

Quote Originally Posted by habs View Post
    adds on saurfang only take 10% of the aoe dmg done last time i checked. how can this be an aoe fight?[COLOR="red"]
    The adds take full dmg from Divine Storm as it doesn't act like a normal AoE I think. Not sure about consecration.
    Last edited by Brael; 2010-07-15 at 03:58 PM.

I get my best numbers on Marrowgar (not counting queen) and for single target use Festergut.

Last i checked/noticed, DS was hitting saurfang adds for 700. I'm 100% certain that consecration damage is reduced on them.

Also, on LK DPS means little because there's too much running around. Even if Ret's stats are padded by some Aoe, it's not enough to make up for their relatively low single target DPS while being mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    The adds take full dmg from Divine Storm as it doesn't act like a normal AoE I think. Not sure about consecration.
    Not true. The adds take reduced damage from all attacks UNLESS!!!! you are under the affects of Avenging Wrath and have it talented (which we all do). Sanctified Wrath

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Deleted
    adds at saurfang does not take full damage from DS it is reduced just like every other aoe prot paladins HotR on the other hand is counted as a cleave and does full damage on the adds

Not true. The adds take reduced damage from all attacks UNLESS!!!! you are under the affects of Avenging Wrath and have it talented (which we all do). Sanctified Wrath
    Ahh, well you could pump a fair bit of AoE onto those adds with lucky 2pc procs I suppose, especailly with lust + a haste pot for more possible procs during AW.. thanks for letting me know that though

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    They take more damage when you have Avenging Wrath up, due to the damage reduction bypass effect from Sanctified Wrath. The majority of the time Divine Storm and Consecration have their damage reduced, though.

Relative to everybody else, my best was Sindragosa HM @ 5%, I busted out a hearty 9.9k. As it stands, in gdkp runs now, I sit around 15.5k on Saurfang/Festergut HM's(sorta wish I had good ranged to pick up adds so I could go bucknasty on 'em with wings...okay, having a full guild's raid DPS would be nice) and around 12k for PP normal. I'm usually #1 or top 3 but those fights are where I typically pull ahead further.

My highest was actually a wipe on Saurfang where I was somehow smiled upon by the gods and maintained ~18k for the first half of the fight, where literally everything crit during wings and heroism...except ranged were bad and died to beasts. Fml!

SOOooooo because you had a healer in your back pocket spamming to keep you alive through the debuff.......

Badpaladin is bad?

SOOooooo because you had a healer in your back pocket spamming to keep you alive through the debuff.......

Badpaladin is bad?
    If you're refering to SIndragosa, nope. I did what I always do, which is reset every other block and run back into the boss after she casts it. Despite what other people may say, it's a pretty damn good fight for ret. You can get two AW casts in for full duration uninterrupted with one having ~8 seconds shaved off from having to run out before permanent ground phase if your dps is slow, or two uninterrupted wings before permanent ground phase if your dps is worth a damn. Obviously command on blocks for air phases and running from block to block if some get low, then reseting the debuff every other block is they way to go!

Badpaladin is indeed bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    If you're refering to SIndragosa, nope. I did what I always do, which is reset every other block and run back into the boss after she casts it. Despite what other people may say, it's a pretty damn good fight for ret. You can get two AW casts in for full duration uninterrupted with one having ~8 seconds shaved off from having to run out before permanent ground phase if your dps is slow, or two uninterrupted wings before permanent ground phase if your dps is worth a damn. Obviously command on blocks for air phases and running from block to block if some get low, then reseting the debuff every other block is they way to go!

Badpaladin is indeed bad.
    I don't think I have done that fight since changing weapons. When I had H:Bloodfall and ~570 Haste my debuff would stack super high and super fast. RNG is what it is, but hopefully that won't be the case anymore. Less haste and slower weapon.

I don't think I have done that fight since changing weapons. When I had H:Bloodfall and ~570 Haste my debuff would stack super high and super fast. RNG is what it is, but hopefully that won't be the case anymore. Less haste and slower weapon.
    Oh, you're referring to the frosty one. Fuck that, I make my healers heal through it and just SS + FoL myself if needed, them AM it if it gets too high. It drops off before it ticks higher than my actual HP. Once a boss has been killed, it's my philosophy that it's their job to heal me while I rank(which I did every week when I was raiding).

The highest I have ever taken that debuff was a 9-stack. I got my ass CHEWED!!