Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Deathwing's new model

Who else agrees that Deathwing has to get a new unique model?... I mean seriously, have you seen Lady Sinestra's model? Sure, it's based off of the same general design as Kil'Jaeden, but in my opinion it looks a lot better than just the plain old 'just like every other dragon' model that Deathwing has recieved.

I think it would be awesome if Blizzard revealed news that the current Deathwing model is just a placeholder for something ten times as polished and thought-out.

Sorry, this post is probably quite pointless... I just think the being who CAUSED THE CATACLYSM himself should get some more love.

....And as a side note, so does Deathwing actually "erupt" from the maelstrom now? I thought they had planned all along that he would be coming from the blank area above stormwind... I guess it would make more sense though.. since, if he did pop out with such close proximity to stormwind, why wouldn't he just turn and completely obliterate the place? That's what I always thought anyway. Just thinking 'outloud' guys.

deathwing has a unique model...

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse View Post
    deathwing has a unique model...
    This

What would you want him to look like? He's a Black Dragon Bathed in Lava? Whats he Suppose to look like? The Balrog?

I think he's referring to the skeleton and the animations. Recanned, reused, yadda yadda. Illidan was completely original. The Lich King was completely original. Deathwing isn't.

Of course he got some love, he's the main villain of the upcoming expansion!

They didn't give the Lich King some Tier Death Knight armor, and kept the Old human animations on him when you finally fought him.

And that's just it, keyword "When you fought him". I'm pretty sure once the time to fight him is near, you're going to see brand new animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Yeah Deathwing totaly needs more pink on his model to make it as awesome as Sinestra!

FYI LK had human animations/frame in the first part of the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

10+ Year Old Account
    i want second spyrolike dragon here like halion !!flames seethed your fate death wing!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Dragon

Ahhh a dragon that has 4 feet, 2 wings and a long neck, QQ QQ QQ Re-used model... :-|

Yeah, I meant the exoskeleton; his actual "shape". And no, not the Balrog, but I just think he should get more than just a unique skin...

Quote Originally Posted by Scionni View Post
    I think he's referring to the skeleton and the animations. Recanned, reused, yadda yadda. Illidan was completely original. The Lich King was completely original. Deathwing isn't.
    Exactly.

Alextrasza has a cool model in dragon form

Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan View Post
    Nothing to see here, just report him.
    A guy complains in his first ever post!? Must be a troll.

Anyway as I already said.

LK had human frame and animations in the first part of the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing animations will get some work but the skeleton should stay as is. He is different enough but not too different, it only makes sense he should have a little similarity to the other aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLobster View Post
    Yeah Deathwing totaly needs more pink on his model to make it as awesome as Sinestra!

FYI LK had human animations/frame in the first part of the beta.
    I'm aware. I'm simply attempting to explain what he meant by "new unique model". Deathwing's using your generic dragon skeleton, and while that might jsut be a simple beta placeholder, it's still a concern.

And in early wrath builds the lich king was a human model wearing the lich king armor. It was not until later in development that he got his custom skeleton/animations. Not trying to pick on you, just pointing out to anyone choosing to whine about it now...it's still early beta and if anything history shows that he probably WILL be changed, not vice versa.

The skin is awesome, but I agree the model frame and animation is so generic it sucks. But what I want to see most from deathwing is his chin to change. In the pictures and art at blizzcon it was steamroller like. Just flat line at an angle. Its got a curve in it in the beta. It looks much less menacing that way.

He looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like any single fucking dragon in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan View Post
    He looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like any single fucking dragon in the game.
    If you had an Alpha or Beta modelviewer up, you would be able to see he shares the same skeleton as every other dragon in WoW. I'd say that's VERY similar... to EVERY dragon in game.
    Last edited by Scionni; 2010-07-15 at 03:50 AM. Reason: whoops forgot the quote :X

you guise like playing halo?
    Top 10 Reasons to be Interested in Guild Wars 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs