Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ninja Fire nerf??!?!

Was raiding this evening and realized that Hot Streak no longer clears the CD on Pyro.....wtf

15+ Year Old Account
    what?
    BfA Beta Time

i was doing a quick voa 25 toinght as LB/TTW and realized that when Hot Streak Procced it would not reset the 5sec CD on pyro so that when i would get back to back Hot Streaks id have to wait 5secs between instant pyros....when i distinctly remember that last night in ICC 25 when aoe'ing trash i could spam pyro as fast as Hot Streak would proc ...(which when you got 8-15 Bomb's going off its basically every GCD)

Oh yeah, I know what you mean... Tonight, when I was raiding in Frost Spec, Fingers of Frost wasn't resetting Frost Bolt's Cooldown...

... Though in all seriousness... You've got Firey Pay Back... When you're at or below 35% health, yes, Pyro has a Cooldown. No, Hot Streak doesn't refreash it. This is working as intended, if you don't want it to have a Cooldown... spec out of Firey Payback.
    Last edited by Valdorick; 2010-07-16 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Added stuff and thing...

i dont have fiery payback....only a complete idiot has that in a pve spec Hempmagi - Llane is my mage btw

Edit: oh and before you try to say "YES YOU DO!!!" look at my pve spec not the pvp one should be pretty obvious.

Not going to try to say Yes you do, I'm going to say, you were simply in your PvP spec without noticing... Pyro has no cooldown, ever, unless under the effects of Fiery Payback.

once again.../sigh i was not in my pvp spec an i know this cause my bars are about 1000000times differnt from my pve spec...oh and the fact that i was in a Focus Magic rotation AND gave it to a guy named pookywokky 4 times cause he kept dying and i might point out that i dont have FM in my pvp spec...ohhh and my fireballs werent taking like freakin 4 secs to cast.

On a side note anyone here with a brain who reads this plz test it out and see if its happening to you also

Right! I just tested it... Nope! Still no Cooldown. Which means A) You were in your PvP Spec, or B) Your a Troll...

I don't enjoy feeding trolls so... Bye! ^.^

Oh! Or C) It was a Bug, Pyro still has no Cooldown, and you should test it agian...
    Last edited by Valdorick; 2010-07-16 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Added C

Pot calling the kettle black? and no im not a troll im asking if anyone else is having this problem just ran a random heroic still having same problem when Hot Streak is consumed it puts a 5sec cd on pyro

even though LB/TTW is currently the highest dps in end game content with end game gear? man didnt think this post would bring out the trolls that bad /sigh thats what i get for thinking that a forum had intelligent people on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    This is when I quit reading realizing you are raiding as a fire mage.
    Fire too hard for you? Does the Arcane rotation take everything you have just to keep up with it? Check World of Logs, a lot of the top mages are Fire.

Look! A caveman from the past!
    Fire is viable since 3.3

Also Pyro has no cooldown unless you have talented fiery payback which you shouldn't in pve.
    I repeat, Pyroblast has NO cooldown.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

No no no no... Not joking, just hear me out... Pyro has no cooldown... ever... unless under the effects of Fiery Payback or if there is a Glitch. This thread is nothing but Troll Bait! You're not going to get anything but trolls who do nothing to help.

And I just want to point out... I have tried to help... Really. Pyro as a base spell has no cooldown. Not when cast normaly, not when Hot Streak is used up.

I recall there being a bug a few months back involving the CD on pyroblast sticking around after a respec when you've previously had Fiery Payback, I'm not sure if that was ever resolved.

Deleted
    This is when i realized nuclear warfare would not be mankinds cause of destruction.
    Last edited by mmoc3135f6d6ab; 2010-07-20 at 12:10 PM.

I cannot see where you want to get with this post except attracting some trolls. But you must have indeed specced wrong if you were raiding with Fiery Payback, check the mage guide if you're looking for help in how to spec. : )

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

If you really didn't have fiery payback it just sounds like your character got bugged somehow. I would just re-spec and re-spec again and see if it fixes it.

oh, and lol @Yourcatdead

10+ Year Old Account
    Something like that did happen to me also 5sec cd and the tooltip says it should be a 1.5sec cast and got a 5sec cd. It is some bug when switching specs, a relog will fix it.

Same thing happend to me two weeks ago. I figured it was part of the last patch and went back Arcane lol.

Pyro has a cd?