Thread: shield slam lol

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

shield slam lol

TBC - 41 pt prot talent.

Wotlk - Blizz says all warriors should have the ability to go D and off tank in raids or 5 mans. shield slam base line.

Cata - Blizz says Prot warrs only kekeke

As if a amrs or fury warriors dmg output while turtled wasnt sad enough (on par with hunter pet) they have to take away our 1 dmg abilitie/dispell besides revenege?
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

Wut?

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnad View Post
    TBC - 41 pt prot talent.

Wotlk - Blizz says all warriors should have the ability to go D and off tank in raids or 5 mans. shield slam base line.

As if a amrs or fury warriors dmg output while turtled wasnt sad enough (on par with hunter pet) they have to take away our 1 dmg abilitie/dispell besides revenege?
    You are aware they pretty much turned their back on the "well everyone can kinda tank" philosophy when they introduced dual-spec right?

dunno what these 'wat' comments are about?

Shield slam isnt even a prot signature ability, shockwave should be, inregards to what abibitys you get when you pick your specialization. ecspecially since warriors arent a 'pure' class and blizz considers us hybrids.
    ALL DAY SON ALLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY.

So what you do is not get turtled.

I don't know about you, but I would rather have shield slam to hit every few seconds than shockwave which really doesn't help much. The point of making it a "signature ability" is so that you can have it starting at level 10. What do level 10s need a stun for on a 20 some second cooldown for? Arguably, it would be fairly awesome for tanking 5 mans but considering the tanking changes they are making I don't think you would really need it.

Besides, if you take all the fun talents at level 10 what is there to look forward to later? It just gets boring if you get all the cool stuff up front.

lol damage while turtled is amazing, spam revenge and win if youre arms

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvn View Post
    I don't know about you, but I would rather have shield slam to hit every few seconds than shockwave which really doesn't help much. The point of making it a "signature ability" is so that you can have it starting at level 10. What do level 10s need a stun for on a 20 some second cooldown for? Arguably, it would be fairly awesome for tanking 5 mans but considering the tanking changes they are making I don't think you would really need it.

Besides, if you take all the fun talents at level 10 what is there to look forward to later? It just gets boring if you get all the cool stuff up front.
    Shockwave is a low-cost tool with excellent threat, range, utility, damage, and looks FKN AWESOME.

It would be fairly awesome if they got it at level 10, to help with AE threat since paladins and druids can already swipe / consecrate at lower level, and have reflective shields on themselves which warriors don't till higher level.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

TBC - 41 pt prot talent.

Warriors tanking the "nerf" stick yet again!!!

42, that's all

dunno what these 'wat' comments are about?

Shield slam isnt even a prot signature ability, shockwave should be, inregards to what abibitys you get when you pick your specialization. ecspecially since warriors arent a 'pure' class and blizz considers us hybrids.
    You started playing in BC didnt you?

Yeah, I can tell. Shield Slam not a signature prot talent? Really? It was in vanilla and BC and in my honest opinion, still is to this day and it felt like a slap to the face when it went baseline.

They also dont consider us hybrids. Just do the rest of the warriors a favor and reroll.

i would think they choose SS over say devestate or whatever simply because it forces you into carrying a shield the others dont, you could DW and devastate or 2h and shockwave.

Quote Originally Posted by talitu View Post
    i would think they choose SS over say devestate or whatever simply because it forces you into carrying a shield the others dont, you could DW and devastate or 2h and shockwave.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Devastate
    Requirements: Requires Shields

you can't 2hand devastate
    and you can still use devastate while disarmed (if you have shield)= shield atack :3

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    They also dont consider us hybrids. Just do the rest of the warriors a favor and reroll.
    What on earth are you talking about. They do consider us hybrids. They have said so rather explicitly in the past. They even used us as an example against the hybrid tax and said that we should be doing around 5% less damage than them.

To think you state wild things like that then tell others to reroll.

The bottom line is the OP does have a point. Damage while turtled is a joke. Moreover any revenge spamming will be gone with UA because of no cd reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdennis View Post
    and you can still use devastate while disarmed (if you have shield)= shield atack :3
    No, a weapon must be equipped to devestate.

Why do people feel the need to reply with the most redundant and useless information that have nothing to do with the actual topic?! You obviously never played warr in arena or in bg.. Or you did, and did so very badly obviously .. When warrior is focused and he is out of survival cds, the only thing that remains for him is sword 'n' board + def stance + attacks from def stance which, consequently, includes shield slam. Or used to include shield slam before Cata and therefore this topic exists

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    You started playing in BC didnt you?

Yeah, I can tell. Shield Slam not a signature prot talent? Really? It was in vanilla and BC and in my honest opinion, still is to this day and it felt like a slap to the face when it went baseline.

You started playing late in vanilla didn't you?

In my day, shield slam didn't even exist. When they did get around to adding it, it had nothing to do with block value!

Now get off my lawn, kid.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by mordili2 View Post
    No, a weapon must be equipped to devestate.
    screen shot of my toon(you can see that i don't have weapon equiped and still can use devestate):
    http://img843.imageshack.us/f/wowscr...910100245.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    Why do people feel the need to reply with the most redundant and useless information that have nothing to do with the actual topic?! You obviously never played warr in arena or in bg.. Or you did, and did so very badly obviously .. When warrior is focused and he is out of survival cds, the only thing that remains for him is sword 'n' board + def stance + attacks from def stance which, consequently, includes shield slam. Or used to include shield slam before Cata and therefore this topic exists
    why? i just wanted bost my ego by having more posts.

heh changed that since i last played im sure it used to say requires 1h weapon, we had loads of people trying to put dps gear on and dw devestate spam.