Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just call it the Cataclysm and get on with it

Quote Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
    The Taco Bell wars, which will soon be followed by the battle for the toilet.
    Wait, so when Taco Bell is triumphant, Azeroth will be the world of Demolition Man?

For as we know, in the future of DM, ALL restaurants are Taco Bell!

15+ Year Old Account
    We are currently in the Nexus War, next is the Gilnean War

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    We are currently in the Nexus War, next is the Gilnean War
    I thought the Nexus War ended halfway through the War With The Lich King.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UraRenge View Post
    I thought the Nexus War ended halfway through the War With The Lich King.
    It is, but its our most recent, so i mostly said that to avoid the most confusion. Took the lesser of two evils

Technically, the Gilnean Civil War is going on right now.

The Gilnean Invasion happens in...I would think a few months in the timeline, when you consider how long it would take the Horde to bolster their mainland forces the way they do.

15+ Year Old Account

The Gilnean Invasion happens in...I would think a few months in the timeline, when you consider how long it would take the Horde to reinforce their mainland defenses the way they do.
    The Gilnean Civil War is included in the Gilnean war, considering they happen semi-consequetivly

We will see, some where in the quests it might say if its the fourth war or not.

I'd name it: The war of the Flying ganking
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Ennoria(Draenei) - Evilcobra(Human) - Talizorah(Night Elf) - Ahsoka(Blood Elf)

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    I humbly imply that "The Elemental War" or "War of the Elements" is the most appropiate name for what's about to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    I humbly imply that "The Elemental War" or "War of the Elements" is the most appropiate name for what's about to happen.
    You only fight the pissed off element and the twilights hammer who become elements. Half of the Elemental lords help you and give you quests while petting fuzzy rabbit. What are we talking about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Cobra View Post
    I'd name it: The war of the Flying ganking
    to be more accurate: The War Of That Jerk Hunter Who Always Flies Up To Where You Are, Shoots You In Hopes That You'll Dismount And Fall, While He Parachutes To Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    for the Ragnaros stuff, yes. That or the Twilight War, since it's all being instigated by the cult.

As for Deathwing....The Draconic War?

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm of the opinion that it should be called The Twilight War... After all, the Twilight's Hammer are what brings so many of the changes to fruition, either by direct, or indirect, actions.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 11:39 AM ----------

[...]or the Twilight War, since it's all being instigated by the cult.

As for Deathwing....The Draconic War?
    The Twilight's Hammer are instructed by an unknown Old God whom they claim they commune with, to assist Deathwing in his bid to break free and reign unimaginable havoc on the world... So it's still The Twilight War.

Dark Side you suck it isn't the nexus war right now and the main war of cataclysm will not be the gilnean war.

15+ Year Old Account

The Gilnean Invasion happens in...I would think a few months in the timeline, when you consider how long it would take the Horde to bolster their mainland forces the way they do.
    Looking back, your right, Gilnean civil war is right now, along with Zalazanes fall and operation gnomer. After that its invasion of gilneas. Then alliance-horde war. Sorry for the misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is virtually the Fourth War, but I'd leave naming conventions up to Blizzard.

But yes, this is the fourth war between the Alliance and the Horde. If it really becomes a "named" 4th war, I'd want to see a huge PvP world-wide event that flags everyone for PvP and has the Alliance and Horde fighting head on.

It would only last a week, so it wouldn't be too annoying, but it would be great for the lore, bring back World PvP and it'd be an event that everyone would remember.

I normally hate PvP and I would be ok with this.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Looking back, your right, Gilnean civil war is right now, along with Zalazanes fall and operation gnomer. After that its invasion of gilneas. Then alliance-horde war. Sorry for the misinformation.
    From what I've gathered, the actual civil war between the royal house and Crowley's forces is taking place right now.

The worgen invade the city sometime in the next month or so. From the time of your last stand in the cathedral, to when you regain your mind, I'd say...2-3 weeks have passed, judging by how much the people have settled in.

We can safely assume that the Forsaken come ashore the day you re-awaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    But yes, this is the fourth war between the Alliance and the Horde.
    technically it would be the third, as the actual Third War had very little fighting between the Alliance and Horde.
    Last edited by UraRenge; 2010-07-19 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Well, the humans and orcs weren't at peace until Medivh asked Thrall and Jaina to join up forces.
    But not a full-on war. And Jaina's forces were Alliance-affiliated refugees fleeing to Kalimdor.

we're battling over territory again, but we're not actively trying to siege their home cities. (except a few overzealous players...)

i'd only count this if we counted the lich king as a war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.